This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by eric75.

• Author
     knt
    Participant

I just want to know if Yoast SEO or WordPress SEO by Yoast works on this theme?

knt
    Participant

@abe are you there? Need your answer or anyone?

sharmstr

Lots of us use WordPress SEO by Yoast . Even the demo site does.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

knt
    Participant

Hi @sharmstr, i tried installing and activiting it. But it doesn’t seem to change the <title>. Maybe you could help me set it up?

sharmstr

Works fine on all my sites. Perhaps its a caching issue?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

knt
    Participant

Thanks for your answer @sharmstr, i don’t have w3 total cache installed yet. Also if it helps to know, i’m developing locally using WAMP.

sharmstr

Look for plugin conflicts. Search the SEO forum. I’ve tested on my WAMP install and as I’ve said, it works fine.

knt
    Participant

hmm, maybe there are some codes that i need to add to functions.php to make it work for buddypress? Or some other configurations that i’ve missed @sharmstr?

sharmstr

Ahhh. So custom titles aren’t working for BP pages, right? I know you mentioned bp in the topic title, but once I scroll past it, I forgot. Sorry. Anyhow, that seems to be a know issue. Google it and you’ll see:

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/bussdypress-title-and-seo-yoast-problem/ http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/bp-meta-tite-description-for-groups-and-members-pages#post-806736
    https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+buddypress

knt
    Participant

Thanks @sharmstar, i configured Yoast SEO > Titles & Metas > Title Separator to “-” Still doesn’t work

sharmstr

I didnt say I found a solution. I said its a known issue. I provided a few of the many links I found about this issue.

sharmstr

I’m sorry to have wasted your time. To answer your initial question… No, it appears it doesnt work, but not because of Kleo issue. It doesn’t work with the WP 2015 Theme either.

knt
    Participant

No need to say sorry @sharmstr, i’m thankful that someone is helping me out. So don’t say sorry, because i really appreciate your help.

So what are you using SEO plugin are you using for buddypress + kleo now? I tried modifying the members page under Pages, editing the SEO Title and Meta Description, but no luck. Any thoughts?

sharmstr

I dont have a need to edit the title, so I’m using Yoast. But again, I think its a BP issue. Google it 🙂

sharmstr

To clarify, I was editing other page titles.

knt
    Participant

Okay @sharmstr, thank you very much for your inputs. I have another question. Should i create a new topic or just post it here?

sharmstr

new topic please. I’ll probably end up answering it, but since you’re changing subjects I’d prefer a new topic.

knt
    Participant

okay @sharmstr, thanks again, i’ll be setting this as “Not Resolved” and update it accordingly when i find a solution.

eric75
    Participant
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?