This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years by erich199.

• Author
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Thought it might be useful to share lists of what plugins people find useful on their sites, as it takes lots of time to seek out decent plugins.

Here’s the ones I’ve found useful so far…

bbPress add-ons:

* Private Replies
    * Auto-subscribe topics/replies
    * bbPress Support Topics 1.x (I’m using v2 beta)

BuddyPress:

– General –

* Bowe (Short)Codes
    * Blog Author Profile Link
    * Direct Menus – bit clunky
    * User Testimonials – bit clunky
    * XProfile custom field types
    * Following / Followers

– Activity Streams –

* Activity autoloader
    * Editable activity
    * Live (popup) notifications
    * Facebook-like user activity stream
    * Activity shortcode (alternate to the one bundled with KLEO)

– Groups –

* Group Email Subscription – bit clunky
    * Group Hierarchy – bit clunky
    * Group Hierarchy Propagate
    * Group Organizer
    * Groups Suggestions
    * Sticky Groups

– Housekeeping / Spam prevention –

* Limit Friendship Reqest (see also: Limit Friendship)
    * Extended Friendship Request
    * Messages Spam Blocker
    * Private Message Rate Limiter
    * Moderation – bit clunky
    * Pending Activations

– Content Creation –

* Buddydrive
    * BuddyPress Docs – very clunky
    * Social Articles

Mapping / Geolocation:

* GEO my WP
    * Add-on – Exclude Members – not sitewide 🙁
    * Add-on – Global maps
    * Add-on – Groups Locator
    * Add-on – Members Directory – very broken!
    * Add-on – Nearby Posts
    * Add-on – Premium Settings
    * Add-on – Xprofile Fields

Other pluigns:

* Content Aware Sidebars
    * DW Question Answer
    * Fancier Author Box / Fanciest Author Box
    * MOONLander Under Construction – breaks bbForums while active 🙁
    * myCRED
    * Restrict Usernames
    * User Switching
    * WP Admin No Show

What plugins are you using?

Let us know in the comments below 🙂

guy_fraser
    Participant

An alternative to DW Question Answer plugin might be AnsPress (still playing with both plugins so not sure which is best yet).

Abe
    Keymaster

Making this topic sticky. Thanks guy_fraser

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

julianprice
    Participant

Thanks @guy_fraser –I love this..what a useful list. So they have worked well with Kleo & compatible with no interference.

This is Awesome. love it Kleo Commmunity.

karifi
    Participant

I was trying to install buddydrive but i dont want my users to get access to my admin and i am not sure if it works with the compatability of frontend submission

Abe you need to be providing updates to which of the features in this plugins Kleo theme already has to reduce duplication as we all know plugins make sites run slower.

Thanks.
    I will provide a list of my plugins on my next post

Abe
    Keymaster

hi @karifi
    there is no functionality in Kleo similar to Buddydrive nor Social Articles plugin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Mj
    Participant

My plugin list:

* Advanced Email Delivery
    * bbPress
    * bbPress – Report Content
    * bbPress Auto Subscribe for new topics and replies
    * bbP topic count
    * BuddyPress
    * buyCRED Stripe
    * Dynamic Widgets
    * GD bbPress Tools
    * JReviews (wonderful plugin)
    * K Elements
    * myCRED
    * Nav Menu Roles
    * Password Protected
    * Peter’s Login Redirect
    * PHP Code Widget
    * Sendy Widget Pro
    * ShareThis
    * WooCommerce
    * WooCommerce PDF Invoice
    * WordPress SEO
    * WP Bakery Visual Composer

kalgary1
    Participant

anything for affiliate bloggers… unless I missed the obvious. Even if it’s a paid plugin.

Also wondering about affiliate bloggers.

sharmstr

Just purchased Analytify (http://wp-analytify.com/) Its a new plugin with a ton of potential. It allows you to view Google Analytics in the Admin, but unlike other GA plugins it also displays them in the page/post edit screens and on the page/post itself. The code is well written and support has been responsive (you know me, I cant stay away from customizing anything.) Should fit nicely into the Author metadata.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Splendor
    Participant

Seems interesting, I have used this plugin for two of my sites: http://codecanyon.net/item/premium-seo-pack-wordpress-plugin/6109437

sharmstr

@splendor – I have a private site and dont need/want any seo optimization and all the other stuff that comes with that plugin. I need analytic data at the page level for my authors (est 300 of them), not the site level. But thank you for the suggestion.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

haha great @sharmstr
    Looks nice from the presentation screens

---

sharmstr

Its having a bit of an issue with BuddyPress pages. New plugin so its going to go through some growing pains. The poor developer has no idea who I am yet. 🙂 I’ll start a new topic with Kleo specific hacks for plugin soon.

tangpage
    Participant

Do you know, GEO my WP, not work well?

on search result page, paginate not working at all!

do you think it’s fixable? how? please.

Abe
    Keymaster

@tangpage we will test this and see where the problem comes from

Thanks

---

karifi
    Participant
     Kieran
    Participant

I’ve recently started using a free plugin called Easy Modal which can be found here https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-modal/

It works well with BuddyPress, Kleo, Visual Composer etc. You can only configure one theme with the free version, and the options are pretty extensive for such a plugin – but of course you have the option to upgrade for more features. As far as I can tell so far there are no limits on the amount of modal windows you can create, and using it is as simple as setting a class for your link (whether text, image or menu item). I use this to show various contact forms to users when logged in and non-users when logged out. It’s worked well for me so I thought I would share 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks @Kieran for sharing 🙂

---

ro1and
    Participant

Not sure if this has been mentioned and, in no way am I an endorser or anything like that but for $8 a year (single site), Clean Talk has eliminated the need for a captcha and spam registrations completely. I actually ended up purchasing a 3-site license shortly after for a couple other sites I setup.

sandervm86
    Participant

Anybody use a plugin to resize their pictures, i used a few (wp-smush worked good till yahoo crushed it) tryed happy but don`t work with buddypress..

Need to auto resize to make the site alot faster..

(pictures are my speed problems :))
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=www.receptenmaker.nl&tab=mobile

Sim2K
    Participant
     sandervm86
    Participant

Tnx! Going to try iT out

KAStyles
    Participant

Some others

Agreeable
    bbPress Mark as Read
    bbPress Unread Posts v2
    bbPress Votes
    bbPress Move Topics
    BuddyBlock
    BuddyPress Avatar Bubble
    Orbisius bbPress New Topic
    BuddyPress Like
    WPFront User Role Editor
    Restrict Content
    bbp buddypress profile information
    Admin Menu Editor Pro
    Activity Log

erich199
    Participant

Could I recommend for bbpress this plugin? I had it developed for my gaming community and it works very well.
    It addes thread prefixes to bbpress which I was surprised didn’t have built into the core.

https://codecanyon.net/item/bbpress-thread-prefixes/14402729

erich199
    Participant

Here is a menu plugin that hides/shows items to users based on logged in/out or roles
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-menus/

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?