This topic has 157 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years by msattolo.

• Author
     cohiba
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

cohiba that probably has nothing to do with the update. Try to provide link to your site or print-screen

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Dmarkham
    Participant

I’m still on version 1.5 but I don’t see the automatic theme update available. Themeforest username and API key are entered and theme saved. Not a big deal, I can FTP the update, just curious if you know what the issue might be?

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

The update should show in Dashboard – Updates once you enter your credentials in Theme options

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Dmarkham
    Participant

Yup. I generated a new API key and that didn’t seem to make a difference. I’m not going to worry about it right now.
    Thanks.

Domin
    Participant

I installed the full theme as homepage. But I do not see the tab “My Account” and also not on the menu: login or register. Nor does the popup menu for the login.
    Also missing the following pages:
    Registration page
    Login page
    Password recovery page
    Account activation page

Can help me? please

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Please check the documentation on Menus https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#menus

Registration, activate page
    You can create them and assign them in Settings – Buddypress – Pages

Login, pwd recovery pages are default wordpress

---

skundaram
    Participant

Hiya! I want to use the ‘portfolio’ homepage style for my site, but for some reason I am unable to get this done.
    I tried editing the default homepage – where we can select the templates. I can see these options – portfolio with grid images v1, v2, Portfolio With Carousel Images etc under templates. However, this is not that typical one we have in kleo demo which was released recently, the portfolio version. I really like that version.

Also in pages, I can see Home default, home e-learning, home simple, home pinterest, home shop but not “home portfolio”.

Any idea? please help.

Swetha

sharmstr

@skundaram: Its in the documentation https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#demo

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

See @sharmstr response on similar question here https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/portfolio-full-width#post-30873

---

bluelantern
    Participant

Is it normal not to see the automatic updates if the child theme is active?

Abe
    Keymaster

it should be seen in Dashboard – Updates if you added the API and TF username in Theme options – Theme update

---

gmsite
    Participant

Hello;

Visual composer is today in Version 4.4.2, my subject this with version 4.3.4 and had to immediately make the plugin update. I know that is in the package, but bought a license and downloaded the plugin.

I deleted the 4.3.4 version and made via WP Admin Plugin upload the 4.4.2 version.
    But when you open the editor “Add Element” I see that there are errors, for example do not appear all the new elements of the 4.4.2 version.

Well, need support to learn how can I update the 4.4.2 version of Visual composer I have purchased?

sharmstr

You should not install newer versions than the ones provided in the Kleo install. VC 4.4.2 made significant changes/additions that have been undergoing compatibility testing with the next version of Kleo. As a matter of fact, the release of VC 4.4.2 actually delayed the release of Kleo 2.4.

Kleo 2.4 will be released very soon and will have VC 4.4.2. (I actually got a copy of it today and its working nicely). In the meantime, download Kleo 2.3.1 from themeforest. It has VC 4.3.5 which works with with Kleo 2.3.1 AND fixes some issue that VC 4.3.4 (the version you tried to upgrade) had with WP 4.1

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

morethanthesky
    Participant

I’m getting the warnings:

Settings have changed, you should save them!
    error(s) were found!
    warning(s) were found!

I don’t see a warning next to any of the options and the Theme section is not tabbed and the on/off switches aren’t buttons. I’d installed this theme into another site and it worked perfectly. When I installed it into a second site, this is when I have issues. The public facing side of the site looks fine, it’s just the theme options admin side that’s messed up.

Abe
    Keymaster

strange @morethanthesky

Maybe a plugin is causing some trouble. Try to disable some

---

morethanthesky
    Participant

I found what it was. Had themes as a symbolic link to another WP site’s themes folder on the same server. Theoretically, it should have seen it as if it was the same directory, but when I made it a real directory, it worked. ln -s /path/to/other/wordpress/themes ./themes is what I had.

The themes activated like normal, but were buggy.

lehn6
    Participant

Entered my api key and username under theme options but the theme update isn’t showing in my core updates. Absolutely don’t want to do it manually via ftp because when I tried to do it on my test site the child wouldn’t recognize the parent, said it was missing, no matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled both parent and child theme. Help!

sharmstr

Make sure you are putting in the API key that you set up on theme forest and NOT your license key. You have to create the API key in your profile on the themeforest site. That seems to be the common mistake.

Also, when uploading via FTP a common mistake is that people upload the wrong kleo after unziping the file. Their dir structure ends up being /themes/kleo/kleo/ instead of /themes/kleo/

johnwerun
    Participant

I have the same issue as lehn6 – kleo update is not appearing on my wordpress dashboard. I’m not confident to update manually via ftp. I have even refreshed my API key on themeforest to be sure that was done correctly, and still no change.

Can post login credentials if that’s helpful, thanks for your support.

sharmstr

You have to update via FTP. The whole reason for the update is issues with themeforest

tito235
    Participant

Should I just update the Kleo Parent theme or the Child theme? I thought I read somewhere to never update the child theme but the parent only. Just need confirmation please. I recently purchased so this is my first time updating I definitely want to make sure that it goes smoothly.

Also if I do the auto update method (below) should I do this to the parent or child theme? Again, I want to make sure I do this correctly.

– Go to WP admin – Theme options – Theme Update
    – Enter Themeforest username and API KEY

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @tito235
    you update only the parent theme since the child theme is somehow blank and it contains your theme changes. The auto update will update the parent theme, even you have the child theme active.

Cheers

---

secretenergy
    Participant

FYI just putting my two cents in here but the Theme Updater had a huge issue in the last 72 hrs on its own and it crashed the backend of our site. We needed to enlist our developer to fix it as line 344(?) in the code became an issue. I’m sure people are experiencing issues because of this. Here is the error.

[error] 2694#0: *2872 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /var/www/secretenergy.com/wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/inc/pixelentity-themes-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php on line 344” while reading response header from upstream, client: 77.235.54.51, server: http://www.secretenergy.com, request: “GET /wp-admin/post.php?post=23077&action=edit HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9010”, host: “secretenergy.com”

Abe
    Keymaster

@secretenergy that was already fixed in the latest KLEO 3.0.4 update and it was caused by some Themeforest outages.

Cheers

---

playdoe1016
    Participant

I just attempted to update theme through ftp /public_html/wp-content/themes/kleo I deleted all of the files and tried to upload new theme but it only uploaded the compressed folder, when i tried to upload the open folder nothing the transfer wouldn’t start, any ideas?

Abe
    Keymaster

You should transfer the unzipped folder .. it should transfer them.. check for errors or try to close the program and do it again or use the cpanel interface to upload it

---

Question: I just updated to 3.0.6 and there was a Visual Composer automatic update. Also, I noticed a few versions back the box in the bottom right for Revolution Slider to update is no longer there. Are updates for these two automatic now, or are there new instructions (outdating the original topic instructions)?

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there Stix, the updates for Visual composer and Revolution slider can be done trough our suggested plugins messages or from Appearance – Install plugins.
    That will happen only when we provide the new plugin inside Kleo, meaning we need to put an update to include those plugins.. Hope it makes sense 🙂

---

msattolo
    Participant

Hi, why isn’t Kleo Themes listed in dashboard updates when there have been at least two updates?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, make sure you have added your Themeforest username and API key in Theme option – Theme update

---

Abe, the latest update works great with all the notices to update plugins. Love it!

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that @stix
    No new sites? 🙂
    All the best.

---

Haha Abe. Well, no … but nothing to do with you all. Simply put, my main client I have had since Dec. 2011 made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, so I moved from NC to KY and now work directly for that company and client. That caused me to stop trying to build my personal business and just roll with the clients I have. Actually, I have reduced my client count a bit. I debated closing the biz completely, but my current client list I can manage after hours, and it brings in some good money monthly, so I am keeping them, for now.

Here is a link to my announcement: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206986924100522&set=a.10202398504192892.1073741826.1501808025

msattolo
    Participant

Hi Abe, yes I’ve added ThemeForest username and Api Key.

Abe
    Keymaster

@stix
    , I know you were releasing sites one after another and I was curious if you have something new.

Congrats on the move and all the best wishes.

---

Abe
    Keymaster

@msattolo is you added correct username and API it will be found under Dashboard – Updates. If it does not work please update manually. See details in the documentation

Cheers

---

msattolo
    Participant

Thank you @Abe. I wasn’t using the user APi. Instead the purchase code.
    It worked now.

Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?