This topic has 157 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years by msattolo.

• Author
     Abe
    Keymaster

Please read this before installing a theme update

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

To update the theme you have several options.:

Before updating the theme make sure to backup your files

1. Automatic updates:
    – Go to WP admin – Theme options – Theme Update
    – Enter Themeforest username and API KEY
    – Save the options
    – Go to WP admin – Dashboard (link should be like: /wp-admin/update-core.php) and you should see the theme there if there is a new update available
    – Click the checkbox next to it and click to Update themes

2. Manual update by FTP.
    – Connect to your server.
    – Go to wp-content/themes/ and copy “kleo” folder to your computer so you have a backup of your old files.
    – Extract kleo.zip that you have downloaded from Themeforest. Make sure the resulting “kleo” folder has a style.css in it. Delete on your server all files inside wp-content/themes/kleo and then copy all files inside “kleo” folder to your server in wp-content/themes/kleo

Last step is to go in WP Admin – Theme options and save the options since some dynamic elements might have been added and to make sure you get the latest styling.

Plugin Updates

K-elements

After the theme update please update K-elements plugin. You will find the .zip archive under the main package downloaded from Themeforest under Plugins folder.
    Starting with version 1.2, K-Elements will get updates right from your admin panel – Plugins like any other plugin.

Until version 1.2 please manually update the plugin by FTP:
    – Extract the archive and replace the files on the server in wp-content/plugins/k-elements

Visual composer and Revolution slider need to be updated manually since they are bundled with the theme.

Visual composer

Re-download the theme from Themeforest. You will find the .zip archive under the main package downloaded from Themeforest under Plugins folder. You can delete the old plugin from WP Admin – Plugins and upload the new .zip file

Revolution Slider

Re-download the theme from Themeforest. You will find the .zip archive under the main package downloaded from Themeforest under Plugins folder. You can install the update by going to WP admin – Revolution Slider – Manul plugin update (bottom-right of the page)

That is all. Happy styling 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Jonaro
    Participant

What about the Visual Composer? It is notifying me that there is a 4.0.1 version available, but when I try to update the plugin automatically in WordPress, it gives me the following error:

“An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.”

BigPolarBear
    Participant

http://www.flowersfriendly.com/

I followed all the stems but my plugins are not updated because of licence issue.

jamu
    Participant

Hi,
    I download the kleo.1.2.zip on themeforest.
    I rename on my server the kleo files in kleo1.0.
    I upload the news kleo file (with style.css in).
    I rename the k-element file in k-elementold and update the new kelement plugin.
    When I am in my wordpress admin and I go in theme option or plugins update page, I have this error :
    Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /homepages/21/d449316590/htdocs/cityzintouch/wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/inc/pixelentity-themes-updater/class-envato-protected-api.php on line 344

When I delete the news kleo theme and k-element and I put the old file, the same error stay.
    What can I do ?

Thanks

datagolem
    Participant

The Menuedropdown and the Stickymenue dont work after update !

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Indeed 4.0.1 is available but we haven’t included it in the package because we discovered some bugs and will wait a bit to include it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi you have done something wrong. You theme is named KleoMarch2014. That should be the backup theme. Download it to your computer to keep it as a backup and delete it from your server. Activate kleo theme just as it comes in the package

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Try copying the backup folders to your computer and to delete them from your server.

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Also make sure you don’t have another auto-updater plugin for Envato products

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Please give me more details regarding your problem. Provide a link to your site or screenshot. Make sure you have followed all steps above, including updating K-elements and re-saving Theme options

Cheers

---

jamu
    Participant

it works well after delete the old files, thanks.

pvamaster
    Participant

Hello, all working very well, but grid masonry for posts not working http://read.svadbalist.ru/

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Have you overridden this file in the child theme, since that could be the only problem? themes\kleo\page-parts\post-content-masonry.php

---

pvamaster
    Participant

we did an update exactly in accordance with Your instructions, everything was good except this))

Abe
    Keymaster

I understood that. Have you read my answer above? Have you added files to the child theme where you modify the default one? especially this: kleo-child\page-parts\post-content-masonry.php

---

pvamaster
    Participant

Yes, I tried all the variants. Also I copied necessary files to the child theme.
    It did not help.
    May be problem is about miniature dimensions

Abe
    Keymaster

The size of the image is fine. I will say again: please make sure in the child theme you do not have this file page-parts\post-content-masonry.php If you have it please delete it

---

pvamaster
    Participant

i am sorry, I don’t have file page-parts\post-content-masonry.php in child themes.
    masony grid not working still
    http://read.svadbalist.ru/

Abe
    Keymaster

That is very strange. Give us temporary FTP and WordPress access to take a quick look. Please mark the reply as private

---

pvamaster
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

We’ll do some tests and let you know.

---

rkco
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Sure it is included. You get the updated versions of the plugins on new theme update releases

---

rkco
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the reply. Sorry I came over as rude, I was a bit frustrated as there was an update for visual composer, which has now magically disappeared again.

ccrawford13
    Participant

After updating, I get a message to update WPBakery Visual Composer from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5, but whne I try to update that I get the following error: An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi ccrawford13, Plugin update 4.0.5 is found in the Theme update v.1.4 that you can re-download from Themeforest. You will find the plugin in Plugins folder – js_composer.zip. You need to remove old plugin and upload the new one. You can do it by FTP by going to wp-content/plugins or from WordPress Admin – Plugins, remove the plugin and upload the new .zip file

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi pvamaster, Please update the theme and see if the images show then.
    Just as an info, I see you have multi-site installed using Kleo theme and you require license for each site that is using the theme. Thanks

---

ccrawford13
    Participant

All fixed. Thanks.

rkco
    Participant

K-Elements has disappeared from the edit menu in post/page.

rkco
    Participant

P.S. After the theme update, too.

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes that is because of WordPress 3.9 new editor. We are working to update the plugin so that functionality can be available in the new editor too. You should use Visual Composer for building elements

---

rkco
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I have the new update package, but WPBakery is still telling me there is an update available.

Thanks!

Richard

Abe
    Keymaster

Plugin updates come with theme version releases so it is possible for newer plugin updates to appear between theme versions. Please wait for theme update to get plugin updates too. Next theme update is in a couple of days

---

JeffG
    Participant

I am also receiving an error message while trying to update to the latest version of the Visual Composer Plug-in. I understand that this version resolves an issue which is not allowing me to edit posts / pages within the theme because I am not able to see the WYSIWYG editing tab. Is there an immediate fix for this?

Abe
    Keymaster

@JeffG as it says in the details in my post, the plugins need to be manually updated so please follow the instructions. From one theme update release to another, new plugin updates appear so you need to wait for next thee version to get newest plugin updates if they are released

---

JeffG
    Participant

Thanks Abe, I did read your post however the conflict it is causing makes using this theme efficiently very tedious and since Visual Editor is a required plugin I can’t just deactivate it and work without it. You also said in your post that a Theme Update would be released in a couple days as of May 2? Can you let me know if that will be happening this week? If not I may just have to spend an extra $30 and buy the plugin directly from the developer, which I would prefer not to do.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, update 1.4.2 has been released. You will find the updated plugin by re-downloading the theme again. There is no need to buy the plugin since we are constantly releasing updates. There isn’t another way to include them

---

JeffG
    Participant
     JeffG
    Participant
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?