This topic has 18 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years by steve907.

• Author
     jacipetersilie
    Participant

Dear Kleo team,

I have a probably easy question. How do I actually set a specific sidebar for the buddypress pages? (they are using the default layout)

Best wishes,
    Jacob

Laura

Hello, in edit page, scrool down to see the different options for that single page such as hide header, choose sidebar etc…
    Buddypress pages use the Buddypress sidebar

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jacipetersilie
    Participant

Hello Laura,

I am unable to find the buddypress pages. I see all kind of other pages, but not a single page of the buddpress sort. Do you know how to find them? (i.e. My friends, My Groups)

Yours
    Jacob

Laura

Hello, the pages should be:
    – Members
    – Groups
    – Activity

My frieds, my groups etc are under Members page, they should use the same. Because those pages are created by the code under members page

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jacipetersilie
    Participant

Hello Laura,

In my install this does not seem to work for some reason. When i add a sidebar to the groups page, the sidebar is not shown. When unselect the groups page in the buddypress settings (so i temporarily choose another page for groups page) then the frontend does show the sidebar, but all the groups in the main frame are gone.

It seems as if I had to choose if the page is the buddypress groups page OR if i want it to have a sidebar.

Do you have any ideas?

Yours
    Jacob

Laura

Hello, in theme settings you should be able to select the buddypress slider layout, all buddypress pages share the same sidebar, Buddypress sidebar

jacipetersilie
    Participant

Hello Laura,

Thank you for your reply. Are you referring to “Theme Options”. In there, I have the “Buddypress” section, which only allows me to select betweens several layouts, but none of them is called “Buddypress” (nor “Buddypress Slider Layout”). Can you help me to find it?

Yours
    Jacob

Laura

Hello, the buddypress sidebar should be at Appearance > Widgets 🙂

jacipetersilie
    Participant

Dear Laura,

I am desperate:)

I have selected the “bpsidebar” (I assume you refer to this by “buddypress sidebar”) in the Page settings for Members and the one for Groups. I have double checked that there is indeed a widget to be displayed. Still the frontend shows just empty space on the sidebar area.

Can you check my environment somehow? I have no clue, how to proceed. Or do you have another idea?

Best,
    Jacob

Laura

Hello, can you share admin credentials? I can check it out for you 🙂

jacipetersilie
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, your sidebar its Main Sidebar
    That is the one that appears in buddypress pages

jacipetersilie
    Participant

Hello Laura,

Thank you. I am happy now :)))

Yours
    Jacob

Laura

Hello, i am happy that you are happy! 🙂

Paul Giovanatto
    Participant

Is there another way to set custom sidebars to the buddypress pages without resorting to changing the “Main Side Bar” (which defaults all over the site) ?

I tried changing this by editing the associated page ( eg http://www.sitename.com/activity ) then useing the “Sidebar” feild at the bottom of the wordpress page to pick the desired Sidebar. This works perfectly for normal pages, However, when I view the activity steam on my buddpress profile I still get the Defalut sidebar (which in my case is called “Main Sidebar”).

The issue is, i need to keep the “Main Sidebar” open as i have navigational wigests and menus that only apply to when you are searching catigories and posts. This needs to be there because you cannot customize side bars on Archive pages. This is vital for easing browsing on those posts. SO it makes no sense when you see this side bar when navigating through my buddypress pages. I would like the custom side bar “Social Bar” To show up that i configued to show relevent info to a browsing user in that space.

The two solotions that would work is, either

1) Replace the default side bar to satisfiy buddypress needs, then figure out how to add custom side bar on Archive pages.

2) Figure out how to add customside bar on Buddypress pages so i can keep the default one open for archive pages.

Laura

Hello, you could hire a freelancer to do this for you 🙂

Paul Giovanatto
    Participant

I found a Solution: WPMU Custom Sidebar

SOO HAPPS! 😉

Your welcome future humans with this problem!

Laura

Hello, glad you could resolve it! 🙂

steve907
    Participant

I installed that plugin but can’t figure out how to get it to work with BUddyPress. What is magic formula?

There are no pages for buddypress except, members, activity and groups. But my main profile pages still have default sidebar.

(Why would buddypress expect us to use the same sidebare through our site?)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?