This topic has 78 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years by gehtsnoch.

• Author
     mattylb
    Participant

Yes, this topic is called “Integration for WC Product Vendors and KLEO” not EDD. The only clarification we’re trying to make is that “WC Product Vendors” and “WC Vendors” are two completely different plugins. EDD and digital markets should have their own discussion for fairness.

Splendor
    Participant

Yes, I agree with you, sometimes it’s difficult to get the both worlds hehehe.. 🙂

mchausse
    Participant

How to sell downloadable products :

Splendor
    Participant

Yes, I know about this @mchausse , we started to talk about digital market, me and tony. Therefore the discussion arise. I will do some test with WC Vendor tomorrow and see what it can be done with it.

mchausse
    Participant

If you manage to integrate it with kleo buddy press profile… Please, let us know!!!

tonyw
    Participant

Having examined all the options, I’m now looking at the all Woo route including using it for all the digital downloads requirements. I need it for sensei anyway and as a solution it’s way cheaper than EDD and all the plugins I’d require for my user group website.

WC vendors looks really hopeful. This http://themekraft.com/store/woocommerce-buddypress-integration-wordpress-plugin/ looks like the final piece of glue needed to allow reviews etc of downloads to appear in the Buddypress activity stream.

This also looks like a useful approach https://themekraft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200829781-Create-a-Socialized-Marketplace-with-WooCommerce-and-BuddyPress

tonyw
    Participant

It’s a yes for WC Vendors from me

mchausse
    Participant

@mattylb Can you please show us images of your buddy press profile to show 7th Queen that everything is possible?

amonroe
    Participant

+1 for WC Vendors integration…. though I’ve already done a lot of integration myself. :-). Anything more that could be done would be awesome!!!
    From what I see I’ve done similar integration with the BP profiles on my site. I do not have the vendor orders tab… that would be very nice. Otherwise, I do have the “My Products” tab.

I’d love to see more if possible…

Clarification: my vote it DEFINITELY for WC Vendors at wcvendors.com

mattylb
    Participant

@Mchausse – the screenshots for vendor and order tabs shared on this topic are all that can be shared at the moment. I do not have this on a development or production site until @Sharmstr decides how she’d like to offer it. Her original plan was to offer vendor integration as a paid service outside of 7Q support. I imagine if enough of us vote on this, she may work something out with them to integrate it into KLEO. **SO PLEASE VOTE ABOVE** otherwise chime in on the conversation at: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/wc-vendors-integration

Pixxx
    Participant

whatever we choose, it should not be limited to digital downloads like edd, so my vote so far is wc vendors, but I am also thinking about a possible solution with the wedev but maybe for the next theme, user front end and dokan with a special deal for kleo klients, 50% off when upgrading to pro??

kleo theme, you have 7k+ clients you could easily negotiate better prices for the plugins that you choose to bundle!

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I would love Woocommerce + Buddypress intergration.

I choose WC Vendors.

zabre00
    Participant

Would be great to have WC vendors integrated. I use it now with Kleo as well!

mchausse
    Participant

Hi everybody, I payed for wc vendors pro and it is amazing, They recently customized it for kleo theme, now, they know how to integrate wc vendors in buddy press. Can everyone ask them to release a new version of wc vendors pro with a buddy press tab (my store : 1st subtab (my products – public), 2nd sub tab (my dashboard : private). They told me, they could develop it very quickly only if people ask for it. So, please help me asking them to integrate it to buddy press
    https://www.wcvendors.com/help/forum/wc-vendors-pro-support/

mtgame21
    Participant

Hi mchausse, I would be interested in having WC Vendors pro integrated with buddypress. After I follow the link, should I post on new thread or is there one already devoted to making this request.

I’m still reading about the plugin and learning how it works, but this might work for my idea. My goal is for each of my buddypress members to be able to collect a payment for consulting services and then I can take a commission from each transaction. With WC Vendors, would each buddypress member configure their own products/price or can the Admin set the product list from a Global perspective? Does it work with Paypal or other payment gateway?

They other revenue stream I was considering immplementing, you can join my site for free but you would have to pay for a premium PMPro level membership in order to have access to you setup a store on your Buddypress profile subtab. In this concept, if member “Y” was looking at member “X” buddypress profile page, then member “Y” would only see (my store : 1st subtab (my products – public) for member “x”, if member “x” was a premium member. Do you think either of these scenarios is possible with this plugin?

I would appreciate any guidance or thoughts you might have since you have already been using the product. Thanks.

tonyw
    Participant

Easy enough with paid memberships pro to set up restricted access to certain functionality e.g. pages. This is exactly what I’m doing with my site with certain paid membership levels getting access with their membership to become vendors. You can do this through the creation of roles linked with membership levels. You’ll probably need to pay to upgrade your paid membership pro plugin to get access to some code snippets and support to do this. You’ll also need to be able to edit user roles and capabilities with a user role editor.

I hope that’s helpful for answering the second part

mtgame21
    Participant

Thanks tonyw for sharing and this gives me a headstart in knowing what direction to go. I want to try to implement the technique you described above.

I have the premium support package with PMPro. Do they have a “how to” article that gives more detail and can you could post the links to the codes snippets that you believe I will need. Which user role editor would you recommend? Once again, thanks.

tonyw
    Participant

Best thing is to post your questions in their forum. They’re very good at responding and pointing towards the right code snippets and what you need to do to change them. Check out my thread on there called “Customising registration” which covers most of those questions.

The user role editor I’m using is called just that “User Role Editor”

kg
    Participant

Jumping in on this thread! I am considering either WC Vendors Pro or Dokan. I was originally leaning towards WC Vendors Pro but as I dug a little deeper it seems to be less stable, since it is so new. I am a relative newbie and am hoping for easy and stable out of the box. I found this page which compares the two. granted, it is put out by Dokan – but it still has a lot of valid points that are now making me consider Dokan (even thought Dokan is more expensive). Anyone have any experience or insight into this and Dokan integrates with Kleo?

https://wedevs.com/74505/dokan-vs-wc-vendor-pro-which-should-you-buy/

mattylb
    Participant

Jumping in on this thread! I am considering either WC Vendors Pro or Dokan. I was originally leaning towards WC Vendors Pro but as I dug a little deeper it seems to be less stable, since it is so new. I am a relative newbie and am hoping for easy and stable out of the box. I found this page which compares the two. granted, it is put out by Dokan – but it still has a lot of valid points that are now making me consider Dokan (even thought Dokan is more expensive). Anyone have any experience or insight into this and Dokan integrates with Kleo?

@kg
    – Dokan Pro has it’s own theme, so it defeats the point we’re trying to make here. They also have their own menu styling and navigation elements that I don’t believe will integrate with BuddyPress, and ultimately, into the KLEO member account page and tabs – which is what we’re trying to accomplish with WC Vendors. Basically, Dokan looks GREAT – but it doesn’t need to be, and possibly can’t be, integrated into the KLEO user account pages.

That said, as long as you create the pages needed for Dokan and throw the vendor menu elements into your menu bar, you should be good to go. For a deeper integration of a plugin that is making huge strides for only being out in Pro form since October, then WC Vendors is the best current solution and its on it’s 3rd release (they’re very fast at catching and fixing bugs and releasing updates!)

kg
    Participant

Ya, you definitely make some good points. In all honesty i was leaning towards WC Vendors Pro; especially with an introductory offer of only $99 (until December) – but reading some of their support threads I know it’s still in the early stages and i’m worried about requiring too much custom code. However, For a small operation i agree, they do seem to be moving very quickly! Even their support response speed is top tier!

Ayoade
    Participant

Any update on WC Vendors Pro? Would like to know your experience with it so far. Thanks.

kg
    Participant

Great question Ayoade. I would also like to know about people experiences. I’m still undecided between Wc Vendors Pro and Dokan – but heavily leaning towards dokan now. I like that WC Vendors Pro is less expensive – but I really need a stable shop platform. I know that the team at WC Vendors Pro are moving quickly to improve their product – but i’m worried that it might cost me more in the big picture to integrate with a product still in development. I’m also concerned that there is no online demo site for WC Vendors Pro Demo – even after they recently redesigned their website. Does anyone have a site integrated with WC Vendors Pro they can share? I’m not going to buy I product I can’t test drive.

Ayoade
    Participant

I agree very much with you KG.

However, I have one big worry with Dokan. I came across at least two forums where somebody mentioned that he or she installed the premium Dokan plugin but hasn’t been able to properly configure the plugin. These are random forums where people were discussing multivendor plugin generally.

Do you know anybody who is using Dokan successfully?

kg
    Participant

no i don’t. I have a thread started a a thread Wedevs as well trying to get to the bottom of it. I was able to fine a demo of WC Vendors Pro here, The username and password is: vendor1

so far i’m not really impressed. It feels very cheap – and i’m hoping that Kleo users can tell me if their customers have the kleo store interface (which is very high quality in my opinion – and the reason i bought the kleo theme) or is this what their customers are going to see?

if anyone can help shed some light here it would be great!

Ayoade
    Participant

Yea …that demo site is not impressive. It will be great to hear from a KLEO user. Let us know if decide to go with Dokan.

I really love the WC Vendors guys but I am not sufficiently convinced yet that the pro version is good for me.

samv
    Participant

Frinds : You can see the demo of PRO at dev.wcvendors.com username/password vendor1

KG Might it help to go in through do share your review as I am also intrested

azidi
    Participant

Here is a plugin released recently integrating WC Vendor Pro version to BuddyPress

https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/bp-wc-vendors/

Robert
    Keymaster

Thank you all, we have good news, we’re already involved in a project that has multivendor functionalities. We hope to be a big release when time is come.

Best regards,
    Robert

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Robert - Front-end developer and UI graphics enthusiast.

kg
    Participant

Robert, that is good news – but is there any expected timeframe? Also, can you share if this project is in partnership with an established multivendor plugin or a brand new multivendor platform?

Thanks.

zabre00
    Participant

Kinda agree with kg on this. A little information would be nice. I want to buy the plugin my kleo is compatible with or if its a different plugin.

mattylb
    Participant

Same here – it may defeat the purpose of those in this thread to have to “attempt” to migrate from their current multi-vendor solution to a new one, unless we have a heads-up to what it’s based upon, or if it has similar functionality to the system we are currently using – to prevent client confusion, frustration during the conversion, etc.

mattylb
    Participant

@Robert – is there any more news you can share with us about your planned multi-vendor integration?

I’ve had to switch themes while waiting for a solution for KLEO so I’m basically in a holding pattern and not using my KLEO license until I see what you have come up with.

Thank you!

Robert
    Keymaster

Hi, well… yes and no, during the layout process I realized that it is quite difficult to implement on Kleo and we chose to come up with a new theme that supports multivendor 100% and better optimized for mobile. Kleo still have a solid layout architecture but in the last year of continuous development we found so many things that we want to be part of Kleo but also we think it will be better if these are build from scratch under another theme name. We don’t have an ETA but to be realist I think in autumn will be first release.

Regards!

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Robert - Front-end developer and UI graphics enthusiast.

mattylb
    Participant

Thank you, @Robert. I appreciate and understand why you’ve come to this conclusion – though I believe it’s a major undertaking with so many details that I’m baffled why you would work so hard on it for one demo. Either way, best of luck and I’ll be following up with you in August. Until then, I’m sadly forced to use another theme to halfway do what I know KLEO could do if it were simply fully integrated with WC Vendors.

Hbweb
    Participant

WC Vendors.

It has the front end, which I think the others don’t (yet?) have.

Really like the kleo user dashboard ‘shop’ customisation Shamstr (sp?) did.

Would love to see something like this added.

Fantastic theme. Keep up the good work, and we’ll keep buying it.

🙂

mattylb
    Participant

At this point I’ll be honest and probably a little rude, so I apologize ahead of that … @Sharmstr has worked her tail off for this group and at one point created a brilliant integration solution for WC Product Vendors.

Why would you let that all go to waste when we’re comfortable with the KLEO theme and world simply like to have the vendor dashboard integrated into the user (BuddyPress?) account area for consistency?

I refuse to buy another theme to handle multivendor alone because I LIKE KLEO. It’s not a difficult integration, and it adds value to KLEO I’d you add it.

While 39 (so far) people have voted for this feature and heavy discussions have taken place to determine which solution to integrate, this isn’t just ME talking. It’s good for your theme and it’s good for the community.

There’s no reason KLEO shouldn’t be in the top 5 best sellers on Theme Forest. To get there means you have to work on keeping KLEO fresh, not creating another theme and “starting over”.

Thanks For listening,

Matt

Hbweb
    Participant

Just re-read the previous threads…

I was voting for Kleo to be integrated with WC Vendors.

Very sad to read Robert’s thread, that Kleo and WC Vendors will not be 100% integrated.

Seems a little wasteful to me, to create a new theme just for this. Perhaps there is good reason?

If you ever did integrate Kleo and WC Vendors, you would clearly have 39+ customers that would purchase (anew) your theme.

Do keep up the great work, and don’t take this a negative comment – BUT FOCUS ON KLEO – we love it.

Very much appreciated.

🙂

gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hello ok its a old Post but i hope i can find some WC Vendor user with Kleo Theme tha we can talk about some thinks

Regards

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?