This topic has 78 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years by gehtsnoch.

• Author
     Meshup
    Participant

Hi there,
    great works for KLEO!

I read almost of this forum and i didn’t found anything about WC Product Vendors.

I’m trying to configure a marketplace shop list page (i would try to make like groups page) but nothing.

I think that the missing features are:

1. A Vendors listing page;
    2. Dashboard For Each Seller in front-end;
    3. Individual Store page with their own branding;

Something like Dokan (i don’t add link conconsciously) but with your wonderful feature.

Could you consider make a fully integration with WC Product Vendors?

Please help me
    Regardes

Alessio

Andrei

Hi,

Can you please give me a link to the Product Vendors plugin that you are using, because there are a few out there and don’t know exactly to which are you referring to.
    A more complex integration on this side would be beautiful, so if we’ll get more requests on this probably we’ll consider it in the future.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     JMPresta
    Participant

Hello all the team!
    I support this idea Mashup for these features.

1. A Vendors listing page
    2. Dashboard For Each Seller in front-end
    3. Individual Store page with their own branding

And I would add management in BuddyPress.

Congratulations for your work !

Best regards,

Andrei

I’ll move this under our new feature request voting system and see if the community will support it.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Meshup
    Participant

Hi guys,
    come on give your vote 😀

Meshup
    Participant

I wont to remember you that the plugin is

Product Vendors

JMPresta
    Participant

Hello everyone and thank you Meshup !

What is important, it is mainly the integration of a vendor account!

I board noted these free and paid plugins:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-vendors/screenshots/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-vendor-module-add-ons-woocommerce/

http://www.woothemes.com/products/product-vendors/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/yith-woocommerce-product-vendors/

But there may be in other …

sharmstr

How about you guys settle on one. Then we can vote on it.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

man_o_man
    Participant

I definitely want this feature integration also, since I also plan to use WC Product Vendors with Kleo.

JMPresta
    Participant

Great idea Sharmstr !

procinc
    Participant

WC Product Vendors with Kleo sounds like a plan!

JMPresta
    Participant

I actually think the choice of integration of a multi-vendor plugin must be that of the subject in question editor.
    Many parameters come into play, including the seriousness of the plugin developer, these advanced features, scalability, these options (same charge), …

Personally, I trust the developer of the theme “Seventhqueen” for this choice!

tonyw
    Participant

Yes, I’m keen to get a Product vendor solution integrated as I’m about to set up a social eLearning site. Again I’m not fussed which plugin is integrated, though ideally it would be free (but if so needs to be really well supported). The WooCommerce one though is guaranteed to be solid however, even if pricier.

mattylb
    Participant

WC Vendors is the best free and soon to have pro version of a vendors plugin and @sharmstr has already laid some impressive ground work to get this plugin integrated with KLEO. That said, my vote is for WC Vendors.

mchausse
    Participant

Yes… I have his work’s image… Amazing. I tried myself but not working….

Splendor
    Participant

Wc product vendor seams quite bad if you compare to Dokan, WC Vendor and Easy Digital Downloads

mattylb
    Participant

@Splendor – Yes, and to clarify my vote for a supported vendor plugin I’d like to make sure 7Q understands I mean the WC Vendors plugin found at wcvendors.com.

The reason i feel this is the best choice is because there’s an actively maintained free version that can be suggested with KLEO installs, similar to rtMedia is now. And a feature rich pro version in the works.

The other reason I like WC Vendors is because @Sharmstr has done a tremendous amount of integration work on this for me already and it looks very impressive so far. I hope 7Q and Sharmstr can work something out to bring this solution to those of us that need it. 🙂

Splendor
    Participant

Yes, I understand. Sound like a great idea. Are you hiring @sharmstr? I want to hire her too haha.. anyway, seams great Wc Vendor, but I’m not sure if they have everything I need. And I don’t see so many plugins either to it if you compare to Easy Digital Download, if there is any needed extension, there you have it. Wc Vendor is not saying so much about their pro besides ETA 1 st October. For me it’s important with invoice for example.

I added this topic before I read yours, so..
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/integrate-either-marketplace-plugins

tonyw
    Participant

I’m interested to hear what customisation you’ve been working on. I’m currently trying to get the 7Q team help with me with some things but they’ve been busy.

I run a software user group website.
    Somehow I need to find the best way of song the following:
    1) digital downloads, mostly free and submitted by users so fully integrated with Buddypress. Need to allow ideally front end submissions, rating and reviews.
    2) eLearning again largely submitted by users and some free, some paid.
    These could be separate or integrated elements.
    Woo commerce could do the digital download bit as well as sensei but it’s not quite as clean at doing that as EDD I think. It really needs to be a simple process of front end submission for our users… Very much point and shoot. Will WC Product vendors plus woo commerce allow this?

mchausse
    Participant

Wc vendors is definitely the best solution :
    – easy to use
    – free
    – frequently updated
    – many different translation…

Moreover, @sharmstr posted an image showing Wc Vendors tabs on Buddypress. Her work is amazing!!! That means, it is completely possible to do it! No excuse!

Splendor
    Participant

@mchausse I’m not really sure if WC Vendor is the best choice, I’m getting in more with EDD than WC vendor. WC Vendor is free and for sure a very good plugin, but the info about is scarce. There isn’t any addons, the pro version, who knows what it can do. If you look at EDD, everything is there already and the plugin is free, but the addons cost.

By the way, I haven’t seen wc vendors tab by @sharmstr, can you link to it?

tonyw
    Participant

I’m loving the look of EDD and its multiple plugins and just getting my head around the expense which is worthwhile if all works smoothly.

For my purposes though I still need some way of creating user submitted eLearning ideally from the front end and am therefore tempted by Learndash which integrates with EDD payments system and also allows user created content. The problem is that it’s not supported by the Kleo theme in the same way that Sensei is and therefore represents more of a risk.

Difficult to decide on ideal solution! I think because there’s nothing yet that’s ideal.

Splendor
    Participant

I doesn’t matter what you do, you will anyway need to have some custom development for making everything works as needed. So yes, the expenses will become much higher. But if you run with the right plugin from the beginning, it will be much easier.

mattylb
    Participant

In regards to add-ons and documentation for WC Vendors, there are actually several plugins that are compatible with it and they can be found on Code Canyon by searching WC Vendors or free via the WP repository by doing the same search. Also, wcvendors.com has detailed compatibility lists, forums and documentation to assist with special integrations – and it’s actually because of how open and willing they are to turn suggestions into available options that I have no problem paying for pro features or add-ons to support them for all of their hard work. 🙂

Splendor
    Participant

yes, compatible is not the same as an addon done by the same team. There is a big difference. Different coding standards and thinking. Adding an addon by the same developer is much better than adding an addon from other developer and the addon will continue developing with the main product. You are never sure if the addons from other developers which are compatible is discontinued.

The problem for me is that, what is in the pro is unsure, no specification about that. They have been saying, soon, soon for about 6 months. Also which addons are they going to deliver? Addon waiting time and so on..that is the problem. Therefore if I’m doing something I’m doing it now and not in October, and then wait again for addons and custom development. But for sure you can come along way with the free plugin, seams pretty neat! But, the rest is either waiting or custom development to everything else that hasn’t any addon or compatible addon. What do you do when an addon that is compatible with wc vendor is discontinued by another developer!? Custom development again…

I think I’m going for EDD.

tonyw
    Participant

Has to be said.. WC product vendors looks quite impressive, looking at it more closely. Going to give it a try but if sharmstr has already done some work on this solution it certainly sounds a viable candidate

mchausse
    Participant

Dear splendor, we are trying to create a product market place here, not a digital market place…. Out of topic… EDD is not free and it is translation ready but not already translated and trust me… Translating is long and annoying (4-5 hours of work per language). And Tonyw : wow… Product Vendors is extremely expensive…

mchausse
    Participant

I don’t understand why you need add ons when the tool is already complete.

Anyway, Could 7th Queen make an effort to integrate wc vendors? Pleeeeeeeeeeese….

PS: I attached the Work from sharmstr.
    Isn’t it great?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Splendor
    Participant

I’m just saying that if you need addons, you have a lot of different addons on EDD that for sure will help to do what ever you want and even an usual market place. On the free plugin of wc vendors, you will for sure need some custom work depending of the need. That is what I’m saying.

Splendor
    Participant

yes, it look nice 🙂

tonyw
    Participant

Sorry, I meant WC Vendors, not Product vendors.
    Those screenshots look great.

mchausse
    Participant

Be careful with add ons. Too many of them would dramatically slower your site and become hard to manage… In a matter of SEO, even worse… And I checked add ons… could not find product selling option, translation and compatibility with buddy press… Most of EDD adon can be found on woo commerce plugin directory. However, WC vendors gave some codes to integrate it but i am afraid to do it on my own. Tried but did not work…

Can 7th queen help us to add wc vendors?
    Vote, pleaaaaase

https://www.wcvendors.com/knowledgebase/integrating-buddypress-profiles/
    https://www.wcvendors.com/help/topic/integration-with-buddypress-more-payment-methods/

mchausse
    Participant
     mchausse
    Participant

Be careful with add ons. Too many of them would dramatically slower your site and become hard to manage… In a matter of SEO, even worse… And I checked add ons… could not find product selling option, translation and compatibility with buddy press… Most of EDD adon can be found on woo commerce plugin directory. However, WC vendors gave some codes to integrate it but i am afraid to do it on my own. Tried but did not work…

Can 7th queen help us to add wc vendors?
    Vote, pleaaaaase

https://www.wcvendors.com/knowledgebase/integrating-buddypress-profiles/
    https://www.wcvendors.com/help/topic/integration-with-buddypress-more-payment-methods/
    https://www.wcvendors.com/knowledgebase/shortcodes/

mattylb
    Participant

Scratching my head. Let’s just clarify a few things here:
    1) EDD is for digital goods, not t-shirts and products that ship unless they’ve changed something recently. We’re looking for a physical & virtual product solution.
    2) What add-ons or customization work would you need for WC Vendors? This ENTIRE discussion is in regards to voting for 7th Queen to integrate it for us. Free vs Pro is simply a matter of preference, not necessity.
    3) It was asked of us to decide on one (1) solution so that @Sharmstr or whomever does the heavy work on the integration would know what those of us who are voting for this feature would like. With that said, can everyone who voted (top of the topic page) reply with “YES” or “NO” in response to this question: is it safe to assume that “WC Vendors” found at wcvendors.com is your choice for an integrated vendor market tool for KLEO? (YES or NO)

Thanks guys, this will make it easier on the theme team.

mchausse
    Participant

Thank you so much Matty. I was struggling alone with my poor english… You have just explained in simple words what I thought.

Splendor
    Participant

1. EDD is for digital goods, yes.. but You can use EDD as I know of as well for non digital goods. How, I don’t know but I have read that it can be done. Then if there is an addon I don’t know, but for sure there is.
    2. Personally for me, physical market place is not that interesting. Therefore I’m considering EDD.
    3. Custom work is personal to every person here, it depends what you need so it can become a necessity to choose the right plugin from the beginning for example Dokan, EDD, Wc product Vendor etc.etc. Depending on your needs.
    4. Addons, well EDD has 32x 7 pages of addons, for sure you don’t need all those but there is majority of options ,that is only my point. What you do with it, it’s up to you! Or choose Dokan or whatever.
    5. If you think one heavy plugin is better than addons, then you are wrong, one heavy or bad coded plugin can slow down the site as well.
    7. By addons, or adding custom works that it’s not well done can also slow down your site, and this thread is not about that
    7. I have voted for WC Vendor but I going to test it if it fits my needs.
    8. I think it’s better to do a new thread and all vote on that with the right name

mattylb
    Participant

No worries @Mchausse, I understood you completely.

@Splendor
    , I think you’re right on two points: 1) some of us may want a digital goods market and EDD is a great solution for that. WC Vendors is only limited to what WooCommerce is good at, and there are some decent add-ons from Woo and others that make digital goods easier to handle, track and license within WooCommerce. 2) i like the new vote feature in the KLEO forum but it would be nice to have an option to vote from a list of choices as well.

Splendor
    Participant

By the way, there is a shipping addon for EDD. This thread should be closed!

mchausse
    Participant

wITH WC VENDORS U CAN SELL DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS AS WELL. ANYWAY like what Matty said, this is not the topic of this conversation.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?