This topic has 46 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     sven_rop
    Participant

Hi, I want to use the new page home-register you made in the overview as the mormal registration. My problem is, if I set this under my Login in my menu (which fades out after login) and press on home-register the popup for the login opens, not the home-register page. Any idea how to fix this? Is it possible too, changing the link at the popup “Create an account” to the register-home page?

Laura

Hello, you can just change the login menu item to the register page and call it Login at Appearance > Menus 🙂
    Let me know if it helps

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

sven_rop
    Participant

This is what i made, but its open the login popup.

Laura

Hello, can you share admin credentials so i can check it out? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

sven_rop
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     oureve
    Participant

I want to use the new register page but it dose not show all of the required fields. How do I add the extra fields I made?

Laura

Hello @sven_rop can you share a link to your website?

@oureve
    the registration fields are at register page, the default of buddypress

sven_rop
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, your website is not allowing me to copy/paste or edit nothing, let me know 🙂

sven_rop
    Participant
     gorbett
    Participant

Similarly, I want the nice looking demo register page (Home Register) as my register page, but every time I set the registration page in Buddypress to the demo page, it does not use it but appears to use the default template setup in KLEO’s Buddypress settings “Register Page Layout”. Is there a way to point Buddypress to the correct registration page without KLEO applying a default template?
    The site is http://joinpan.com

Any help here would be appreciated.

Gerald
    Participant

Hi,
    Same problem here, I’d love to use the registration page as main gateway for my users but I can’t manage to find a way to make it the default page. Buddypress keeps replacing this page by its own template.
    Help is very welcome.

Thanks a lot. Cheers

Laura

Hello, there are 2 ways
    1- Make the register page the front page ( but the user might end at the registration page of buddypress because is the default
    2- Make the page the Register page at buddypress settings, this would overwrite the content of the page.
    So the only solution would be to edit the register.php page to have the style of the page you want. But this would require the help of a developer as it requires some time and development

gorbett
    Participant

Laura, thanks for the reply. Are you referring to editing your register.php in the theme’s “buddypress… members” folder or one of buddypress’ register.php files?

Right now, I ended up going into the Pages tab under the Buddypress settings and choosing “- None -” for the Register page. I renamed the Kleo demo registration page Register and browsing to sitename.com/register brings up the demo page I wanted. However, this does not provide me the nice features of having Buddypress aware of the Register page (like not making it available when logged in, etc.)

So I guess I am willing to modify the register.php file as long as I know which one to modify.

Thanks again!

@gorbett

gorbett
    Participant

I deleted the register.php template page from “kleo…buddypress…members”, but for some reason the theme is still displaying the content from the template. I can’t seem to find out were it is getting the content for the page. Is there another template that “register” will use if it does not find register.php (following the typical hierarchy: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/).

FYI… the Facebook registration button does not work in the default register template.

Site register URL:
    http://joinpan.com/register/

andrius
    Participant

I have the same problem.
    It seems like Buddypress is overriding any registration page you create or upload with it’s own default one.
    I can set any kind of page as a “Register page” but I always get a default register page..It’s probably Buddypress issue and not the Theme.

gorbett
    Participant

The register.php template page in the Kleo theme I mentioned above is what is generating the content on my register page so I am just trying to figure out where the Buddypress hand-off happens. As I mentioned above, if you set Buddypress Register page in settings to use “- None -” and make sure that the URL is set to http://sitename/register” it should go to your own register page.

It isn’t ideal which is why I am trying to figure out what other template page is taking over once register.php is gone.

Laura

Hello, the solution is to modify the register.php , its the best way so you dont have to edit other stuff

gorbett
    Participant

Laura, can you explain which register.php? I deleted the register.php in Kleo’s “buddypress… members” folder yet the theme still appears to be using it. Where is the theme sending the register URL if there is no register.php?

Laura

Hello, the theme has a register.php because it overwrites the default buddypress register.php, is not something you should delete as buddypres needs it in order to work, as you delete the theme one, you only deleted the customized version of the original one. My suggestion is to EDIT it, not delete it

gorbett
    Participant

Laura, for the life of me, I can’t find how to start a new topic in this forum so I am replying to this one. This one is using a custom logo on a page. The retina logo from the General theme settings always appears even though I have a custom logo and retina logo uploaded for the page.

Example page: http://joinpan.com/blog
    You can see the regular size logo load initially and then be changed to the retina logo from the main theme general settings and not the page custom retina logo.

Any ideas?

gorbett
    Participant

Looks like I can’t edit the reply to my latest reply either. I added a screenshot of my page settings for blog showing a custom retina logo that is not appearing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     22younghun
    Participant

1. I also wonder about facebook things. I wrote down facebook app id in theme options. The information is correct. But nothing happens to my register page. I just can see the sentences that Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App’s settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App’s domains. If I clicked the login button. And when i click register button, I can’t find facebook button. Plz help me. This thing is very difficult.

2. And I also want to add function like searching box on the center of my homepage like this website. like under url.
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/
    With this function, I want my visitors to find their fit forum subject directly.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Laura

Hello, please open new topics about those issues, find it at Get Support and find the button there 🙂

canewood
    Participant

So I downloaded the sample content for the home register however.. the actual register section (name, etc.)

is not showing. Why is this?

Attachments:
     lux007
    Participant

Where do I find the Home Register demo/content? I don’t see it in the Kleo Import options.

lux007
    Participant

found it… lol

lux007
    Participant

Here is a solution that will help everyone.

1. Create a page named – “Reg”, which will create http://www.domain.com/reg/

2. Set the “Reg” page as the registration page under Buddy Press settings.

3. Create the page “Home Register”, if already created then skip this step.

4. When under pages, hover over the edit link for the “Home Register” page and get the page ID.

5. Open your “Child-themes” functions.php file and enter the following code:

COPY CODE
    /* Redirect Registration Page */
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'redirect_to_specific_page' );
    function redirect_to_specific_page() {
    if ( is_page('IDHERE') ) {

wp_redirect( 'https://www.domain.com/register/', 301 ); 
      exit;
        }
    }

6. Update the code with the page’s ID and the URL to which you want it to redirect to. No need to edit the registration.php or other files.

7. Enjoy 😛

lux007
    Participant

FYI, step #4 is wrong. You need to enter the page ID of the “Reg” page. The URL is the link to the “Home Register” page.

So people visiting http://www.domain.com/reg/ will automatically be redirected to http://www.domain.com/registration/

canewood
    Participant

how do I get off this thread

lux007
    Participant

Can also use this code to redirect members already logged in:

COPY CODE
    /* Redirect to Profile if Loggedin */
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'redirect_to_specific_page2' );
    function redirect_to_specific_page2() {
    if ( is_page('PAGEIDHERE') && is_user_logged_in () ) {
        $current_user = wp_get_current_user();
    	$profileurl = $current_user->user_login;
    wp_redirect( 'https://www.domain.com/members/'.$profileurl.'/profile/', 301 ); 
      exit;
        }
    }

1. Enter the Home Register page’s ID above.

2. The URL can be adjusted to whatever you want them redirect to. The above redirects them to their profile.

Dylan10206
    Participant

Hello, I’m sorry I’m new here I do not know if I’m in good conversation … I searched a little but I did not find I’m French, so sorry if my English is bad …
    It’s been 4 days I’m looking for but I can not find the answer anywhere! I would like to change the registration page I would have to change “Name” by Pseudo and “Full Name” by First name, just modified the text that its poster, I think you will understand better with the image I will send you ! Thank you very much ! And still sorry if I was wrong Forum!

Attachments:
     Radu

@Dylan

Follow this : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/edit-form-register/#post-144927

Kookidooki
    Participant

I’m working on the same problem for over a couple of days and I’m completely fed up with this.

The tutorial is not clear. I’ve searched through this forum and Google but couldn’t find the right solution.

The problem is that KLEO Register.php is overriding page home-register.

KLEO-Developers:
    Please give us a crystal clear tutorial with screenshots or videoclip for setting up Home-Register as the primary registration page.

(I don’t want Home-register as the Frontpage ; because it makes the new register page as the Homepage.).

Kleo advised to use this redirection plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/ and that’s it….

We need clear instructions; examples:

1. In dashboard > Settings > Buddypress > Pages > Register field: select “Register” or “Home Register”?

2. In Redirection plugin:
    Redirects > Source URL: “http://mydomain/register” or “http://mydomain/home-register”?
    Target URL: “http://mydomain/home-register” or “http://mydomain/register”

I did several combinations but nothing works!

Also my submenus stopped working after updating Buddypress and Kleo. 🙁 …

Radu

Hi,

1. In dashboard > Settings > Buddypress > Pages > Register page should be “Register” not “Home Register”

2. The kleo_register (home register) shortcode will redirect member afteer complete the displayed fields and press register to the original buddypress register page only there are some additional fields to be completed.

So you want to redirect user in what case ? after they are loggin ?

If you really need to add or edit existing fields there here is responsable file : wp-content/plugins/k-elements/shortcodes/templates/kleo_register.php but you will need to know some php and html, if you want to rewrite the shortcode i recommend you to copy this file in /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/k_elements

So, in child theme k_elements folder will have to change where we need

For the submenu not working i don’t understand exactly where are you referring but make sure to have all plugins update not kleo and buddypress, also try to re-save permalinks from wp-admin -> settings -> permalinks.

Cheers
    R.

Radu

To be clear!

The “home register” can be the register page only if you don’t have required profile fields in BuddyPress ( Users -> Profile Fields ).
    Then you should redirect users from original register BuddyPress page to the “home-register” page using this code

COPY CODE

/* Redirect to Profile if Loggedin */
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'redirect_to_specific_page2' );
    function redirect_to_specific_page2() {
        if ( bp_is_register_page() && !is_user_logged_in () ) {
            $current_user = wp_get_current_user();
            $profileurl = $current_user->user_login;
            wp_redirect( home_url().'/home-register/', 301 );
            exit;
        }
    }

Then replace home-register with your desired from wp_redirect( home_url().’/home-register/’, 301 ); line

NOTE : Child theme needs to be installed and activated.

The function needs to be pasted in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

Cheers
    R

Kookidooki
    Participant

Hello Radu,

I’ve followed your instructions but couldn’t make it work.
    I’ve just sent you an email with login credentials. Pls check.
    Hopefully you can do the proper configurations, because I’m struggling with this problem for almost a week?

Kookidooki
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Please take a look at this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwTzNCcTVKNGNEX0k/view

As you can see if a guest lands to your home-register page it requires to log in ? (that’s wrong a guest user who tries to register it’s asked to log in)

So you should remove that restriction to leave guests to see the register page and also the activate, so, depends on how you have made the restriction you should add exception some pages:

Register
    Activate
    And other pages that you think it should be public.

In the first intance i recommend you to de-activate the restriction redirect and to test from an icognito to open the home-register page to see if youa re able to register, it should be!

Let me know

Cheers
    R

Kookidooki
    Participant
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?