This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by jafar.

• Author
     mtgame21
    Participant

I keep getting the following error when trying to login to Dashboard

“Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home3/mtootle2015/public_html/wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php:1) in /home3/mtootle2015/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228”

Any ideas on how to solve? If I delete my Child theme functions.php file , I am able to login to the dashboard. If I delete all of my custom functions in my Child theme functions.php file and just have this
    my Child theme functions.php file, I still get the same error.

<?php
    /**
    * @package WordPress
    * @subpackage Kleo
    * @author SeventhQueen <themesupport@seventhqueen.com>
    * @since Kleo 1.0
    */

/**
    * Kleo Child Theme Functions
    * Add custom code below
    */

Everything was working fine a week or two ago, and just tried logging in (after being on away) to dashboard and got this error message. My site is not live yet and is still in development. Thanks for any guidance.

sharmstr

My guess is that its actually not an issue with the functions.php file (even though the error indicates that) but an issue with a plugin that isnt closing php code correctly that is loading before that file.

Couple of things to check

1 – make sure there is no blank lines or space at the top of your functions.php file.

2 – make sure its not an issue with other files in your child theme

3 – Look for plugin conflicts. Disable everything.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mtgame21
    Participant

Hi sharmstr,

I went through steps one and two and had no luck. Then before I started disabling plugins, I found this site with another idea

I ended up copying a blank functions.php file from the last KLEO child theme update. It appears to be working. Then I opened up my original custom functions.php file in notepad and copied all of my custom functions and pasted into my new functions.php file.

Still seems to be working back to normal for now. I’ll post again in this thread if my problem returns. Thanks.

sharmstr

No problem. Glad you sorted it out.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jafar
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?