This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Laura.

• Author
     creatureworks
    Participant

Hello,

On my blog the featured images are not very large; I only ever want to show them as small images. I am using the masonry grid (with featured images) to show all posts, and in the single posts I do not show the featured image. (I did this by turning off “Display media on post page if you want to show image/gallery/video/audio before the post on single page” in the theme options.)

But, the archive pages that are automatically created by WordPress (such as author, category, tag, date) show a huge, full-width featured image for each post. I do not want this. I would like these pages to show a masonry blog (just like my blog main page). If that isn’t possible, I want to show the posts just like they are now but without the featured image.

Is showing the large image on archive pages (even though it is turned off for single pages) intentional behavior? Is there somewhere I can control the layout of the archive pages? It seems to me like that should be a setting in the theme options; maybe I am missing something. Thanks in advance for your help.

creatureworks
    Participant

I kind of figured this out.

Looks like Display type* How your blog posts will display = how posts will be displayed on archive pages. I thought this setting was only for the main blog page, which does not apply to me because I am using a KLEO posts Visual Composer module for that page.

But, changing the display type changes the layout of other pages such as search results and other (custom) post type archives. Which is probably why I had it set to standard in the first place.

I wish this theme included settings to choose the layout for author, category/tag and date archives, search results, etc. Please consider this as a feature! Thanks!

Laura

Hello, will add this to feature requests 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?