This topic has 45 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     rainman566
    Participant

Hello!

I just updated to wordpress 4.1 and Visual Composer is stopping his work with Errors (jQuery error in Backend Editor, and Server Error 500 on Frontend Editor). I have updated visual Composer to Version 4.3.5 (wordpress 4.1 compatibility).

The Composer works fine on wordpress 4.1 with Default wordpress theme twentyfourteen, but not with Kleo.

Any fix available?

Thanks

sharmstr

Both WP and VC updates were released less than 24 hours ago. I’m sure an update is coming but it takes time to test.

edit: Just spoke with them and they are planning on releasing a quick update/fix later today.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rainman566
    Participant

@sharmstr

Thanks, for the quick Response.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, until KLEO 2.3. 1 is released with the Visual composer updated to 4.3.5 I have attached it so you can update it now.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     rainman566
    Participant

Thanks, i have the Composer update. But if i download the Kleo Theme from Theme Forest, is still get the Version 2.3 and not 2.3.1. Where can i download this new release?

sharmstr

He said “until”… meaning it hasn’t been released yet.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mblackstone
    Participant

Thanks for the update

rainman566
    Participant

Sorry for my bad english and sorry if it seems that I am not patient, but I have a launch date on 23 December for a Website of a customer. And unfortunately I still have to create some content pages with composer.

sharmstr

The “fix” is the new version of Visual Composer that Abe attached. You dont need 2.3.1. Does that make sense?

rainman566
    Participant

I understand what you mean. And i installed the new Release of Composer, but it still works only with wordpress Default templates and not with kleo.

rainman566
    Participant

Additional Information:
    I meant Default wordpress “themes” in last post.

How i have test it:
    – deactivate ALL which are not in the kleo package
    – clean browser cache
    – install new release (4.3.5) of visual Composer

Composer still not working in Backend. Only “Text” and “Visual” Editor available.
    Frontend HTTP STATUS 500 ERROR

Test with twentyfourteen and twentyfifteen:
    Composer works fine.
    Change to Kleo -> Composer not working

sharmstr

Can you respond privately with a link and credentials so I can see what’s going on?

sharmstr

Its working perfectly on 3 of my sites. That’s why I want to see what’s going on.

rainman566
    Participant

Hello, it is a miracle … i did all the steps again, and now it’s working for me. I don’t know why, but it works.

thanks for the support

sharmstr

🙂 Well, it is almost Christmas. Glad you got it sorted.

MADride
    Participant

Hi there,

I had the same trouble when I updated WP and some plugings but after I made the changes as you guys dsecribed here, now is “kind” of working, the this is that for the new pages and most of the pages that come with KLEO the visual composer is working very well, but for those I created before the update, is not working. Does not appear the buttoms, and then I though there was not info or HTML, but then I found out the HTML was in white colour and I can’t modify it. So basically I can’t change anything in the pages I created before the update. Any suggest? thanks in advanced.
    Cheers

sharmstr

Did you update VC to 4.5.2?

MADride
    Participant

Hi there,

I think I follow all the steps are posted here,

I deleted
    js_composer
    K-elementnts
    And then I re-install them from the the plugings folder which is separated from the kleo and kleo child in the KLEO package and the update them from the pluging area in WP as a normal pluggin and it’s working but not for all pages I made with visual composer, I’m sure I’m missing something but I don’t know what.
    So please can you help me 🙂

sharmstr

I’ll ask again. What version of VC do you have installed.

MADride
    Participant

Hi plugin is

WPBakery Visual Composer 4.4.2

Is nor the one you said but I already re-install it and deleted the old one and I can’t update it again,

sharmstr

Are you on Kleo 3.0.1?

MADride
    Participant

No, it’s 2.4.1

I tried to update the THEME UPDATE area, but I’m can’t find how

sharmstr

Oh geez. No wonder nothing is working. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

MADride
    Participant

Hi there,

Well I have done all the steps but Kleo does no seem to update, I did first from the theme update and anything happened I deleted the cookies from teh browser and nothing then I did by FTP and nothing the only change is that I have to edit some stuff again, and now everytime I try to use the general settings I have to log out and log in again because that area appears completely blank.
    Seems every step I give get worse.

Abe
    Keymaster

@MADride you have two options as you can read in our documentation: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#updates

1. Automatic where you you credentials in Theme options- THeme update and then go to WP admin – Dashboard – Updates and check for updates

2. Manual by FTP. If the first one causes you troubles please use this one

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

MADride
    Participant

Ok, I have couple of more questions, the API key is the password I use to log in here? or where can I find?

sharmstr

You create the API key within your profile > settings on theme forest.

sharmstr

here https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/log-in#post-55542

MADride
    Participant

Hi there,

I created the API and I did every step, then finally appears the update, so I updated it, but get frozen and say that something happened and I had to try again, that happened everytime, so I did it by FTP, I download the theme again and I follow every step and now I got KLEO 3.0.1 then I save changes and I did the same with plugins, the problem is that now I can’t get to the theme optios area or page area and for the plugings I have to try few time before I can access. Always appears this kind of messagges
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 62914560) (tried to allocate 193129 bytes) in /homepages/46/d369677747/htdocs/MAD/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2669

Not all are the same
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 62652416) (tried to allocate 114688 bytes) in /homepages/46/d369677747/htdocs/MAD/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/ConfigKeys.php on line 1329

Also sometimes just get completely blank,

Any suggestion?

Thanks

sharmstr

You need to increase your memory: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/

MADride
    Participant

Well now is worse, so I did it in the way is written but now I can’t login in my site, after I saw was no ok the change, I deleted what I add, so left it exactly as it was, but still can’t login, here I attach some pictures.

Says that “the cookies stoped to work because they found an unexpected trouble”

Any idea what to do?

Attachments:
     sharmstr

I dont see where you added it? All I see is the total cache stuff

sharmstr

All you needed to do is add one line. Something like this

COPY CODE

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

MADride
    Participant

Yes,I changed it but then when appear the error I changed back, but anything happened, now I write what you told me and is still the same. I really don’t know what to do I can’t login

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Please respond privately with server and credential information for both WP and FTP.

MADride
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

ftp credentials dont work

MADride
    Participant
     sharmstr

Still not working. I’ve tried port 21 and port 22. Do you have ip blocking or something similar?

MADride
    Participant
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?