This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Dietmar.

• Author

Tagged: 

Dietmar
    Participant

About updates: how is the handling of updates

1. How do I get updates, via the WordPress UI?
    2. What will happen with my customization?

wbr Dietmar

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, Please read the updates section from the docs https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#updates

Customizations done in the Theme options will not be lost. Any changes done to the theme main files will be lost if you haven’t used a child theme.

Always make a Database and Files backup before update

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Dietmar
    Participant

Hi,

what does that mean; “Any changes done to the theme main files will be lost if you haven’t used a child theme.”
    The customizing I did was via the Theme options, no coding – except the 404.php

Sorry I am a Newbie in WP, when shall I use the child theme?

Dietmar
    Participant

Ok, I’ve installed a new with Kleo Child, seams working!

Abe
    Keymaster

that means that the changed 404.php file will be rewritten unless you used a child theme and copying the changed file in it so it won’t be lost on update

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Dietmar
    Participant

What I didn’t got is the part of the child! The directory of the child is quit empty…

So how do I have to handle it, where shall I store the 404.php?
    Does it mean that I have to store each of the customized files in the directory of the child?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Please read https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
    yes you copy the files there keeping the folder structure as in the parent for the copied files

---

Dietmar
    Participant

THX

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Updates :: handling’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?