This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author
     mrmediaorg
    Participant

I read a lot of different topics but since there are a lot of different issues it does not really give me an answer to the specific problem i am dealing with.

Buddypress is currently set in Dutch language and this made the website Dutch for a part. But most of the Sweetdate theme / website is still in English. When i checked the Dutch language file in the Sweetdate file / languages i see that those words are translated already so somehow Buddypress is reading my Dutch PO / MO file but Sweetdate is still using the English language file?

Can you please provide me a solution? Thanks in advance,

Laura

Hello, please update sweetdate to the latest version, if you cannot translate still, check out Buddypress and Sweetdate translations using codestyling localization or any other translation plugin. You can also tell me whats strings are not being translated so i can check it out 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mrmediaorg
    Participant

That is the answer i read in all posts but something is just not right, somehow..

Sweetdate is updated to the latest version and Buddypress is actually working with the Dutch translation but it seems that Sweetdate is not? How can i actually choose for a certain language from the Sweetdate theme, i can not find any setting for that? I got a bit confused because of it and would like to clear it up and do it in the proper way before trying alternative ways to fix it. Thanks in advance.

mrmediaorg
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mrmediaorg
    Participant

….?

Laura

Hello, can you give me your ftp details so i can check it out? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mrmediaorg
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i have checked your files seems to look fine, maybe it didnt translate right, the user you gave me in wpadmin is not admin, can you give me permissions so i can check out?

mrmediaorg
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, sorry for the late reply, i can try to fix your problem, can you please give me an updated .po/.mo of your language? Maybe it can be fixed by recreationg the mo based on the po

mrmediaorg
    Participant

It is the PO file that is in the Buddypress installation, that one includes a entire and proper Dutch translation. Also for strings that are not related. That is why i got confused. It is the same translation file as another but translated further / more detailled.

You can find it in the FTP paths.

Laura

Hello, please do the following:
    Place your .mo .po of buddypress inside bp-languages in buddypess plugin folder and wordpress languages/plugins folder, also your sweetdate .mo .po inside sweetdate languages folder.
    Go to Localization in wp-admin/tools, (Codestyling Localization plugin) find buddypress and sweetdate, scan both languages, then edit both of them and click on generate .mo, your languag should apply then, let me know 🙂

mrmediaorg
    Participant

The point is that the translation files are already there, and they are complete as well. But it simply doesnt apply.
    For example, if you go to a profile overview you still see the English content (name, birthday, city etc.) while the rest is in Dutch. In the translation files i do see that those contents are translated which makes me confuse why it isn’t working.

Can you be exact about the localization file that applies to these fields?

Laura

Hello, usually that is because any other plugin is translating it, so check other buddypress related plugin in codestyling localization

mrmediaorg
    Participant

It got nothing to do with all previous topics or answers i got, there is a bug in the theme. The first part is this:

Dir: wp-content/themes/sweetdate/members/single/profile
    File: profile-loop.php
    Line: 20
    Modified to:
    _e(bp_get_the_profile_field_name(), 'kleo_framework');

——————————————————————–

Dir: wp-content/themes/sweetdate/custom_buddypress
    File: class-bp-tabs.php
    Line: 134
    Modified to:
    __(bp_get_the_profile_field_name(), 'kleo_framework');

Also Codestyle Localisation is not needed at all. The only relevant files are the buddypress translation file (standard) and the Sweetdate translation file.

Andrei

Hello there,

The thing is that there is nothing wrong, actually you shouldn’t change those lines.
    There are 2 cases with profile fields:

1. You run a single-language site, and define your profile fields directly in the desired language ( from wp admin, under Users->Profile Fields )

2. You run a multi-language site, with wpml which gives you some options to translate your profile fields.

You fixed this in a totally different way, by manually adding the profile fields to a translate file.
    It works, but it’s not the right way to approach this issue.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else on this subject.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?