This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     dicers
    Participant

How can I translate the phrase: “Invoice #%s on %s” on the membership-account/membership-invoice page (\wp-content\themes\sweetdate\paid-memberships-pro\pages\invoice.php)

I tried the po files located in:

wp-content\plugins\paid-memberships-pro\languages\pmpro-xx-XX.po
    wp-content\themes\sweetdate\languages\xx_XX.po

This is just one example. There is also the print button from the same page which I can’t find. Translating this theme is very frustrating!

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, the correct one is wp-content\plugins\paid-memberships-pro\languages\pmpro-xx-XX.po since it belong to PMPRO plugin.

Theme strings are the one with kleo_framework domain. Any others belong to plugins

PS Use Codestyling Localization for easy translation process

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

dicers
    Participant

Hi,

It’s still not translating. This was the file I was editing. I have Codestyling Localization… this is how I translated all the other text. If I change the text in wp-content/themes/sweetdate/paid-memberships-pro/pages/invoice.php (lines 22 and 25) then I see the text I want, but this is not a good solution for theme updates.

Does it have to do with the theme using the sweetdate php files and not the php files of the plugin?

Abe
    Keymaster

Strange. It seems the template at that time had a translation error. please update the file content from this file wp-content/themes/sweetdate/paid-memberships-pro/pages/invoice.php with the content from the attached file

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     dicers
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry about the duplicate post… I tried to delete my other topic, but didn’t see how.

There is another issue in this line:

<i class=”icon icon-print”></i> Print

There is no translation for the word ‘Print’ on the print button.

Abe
    Keymaster

I have update the file above. That string will be translatable in Sweetdate theme. PMPRO seems not to have added a translation for the Print button so I added it to the theme

---

dicers
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I think you missed attaching the new invoice.txt file. The Print button doesn’t look any different. The word ‘Print’ is in the pmpro-xx_XX file, but it is not a translatable phrase in this php file.

Thanks for the help so far.

Abe
    Keymaster

It is in this reply. I said I have updated that https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/translation-7/#post-33033

Also the Print should be translated in KLEO theme. You can try with it to belong to PMPRO by changing kleo_framework with pmpro. Let me know which works

---

dicers
    Participant

Hi,

I replaced the updated invoice.php. The phrase ‘Invoice %s on %s’ is translated, but the text on the ‘Print’ button remains the same. I translated the ‘Print’ text both in sweetdate\languages\xx_XX.po and plugins\paid-memberships-pro\languages\pmpro-xx_XX.po

I attached a screenshot to clarify my explanation.

Thanks.

Attachments:
     dicers
    Participant

There is another translation issue in addition to the above Print button.

There is a phrase after the activation of the account that says:

"Your account was activated successfully! You can now <a href=\"%s\">log in</a> with the username and password you provided when you signed up."

This is in the buddypress po file as well as sweetdate. I translated it in both places, but it remains untranslated.

I think it is related to the wp-content/themes/sweetdate/registration/register.php file.

Thanks.

Attachments:
     dicers
    Participant

Sorry, I meant the file I think it is related to the wp-content/themes/sweetdate/registration/activate.php

Abe
    Keymaster

This one is related to Buddypress wp-content/themes/sweetdate/registration/activate.php even though you see it in Sweetdate. That is normal since we override plugins templates.

Related to the _e( “Print”, “kleo_framework” ); button
    since we added it in a theme translation function you are able to translate it inside the theme
    If you say there is a translated string in pmpro named “Print” then replace the above declaration with
    _e( “Print”, “pmpro” );

---

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?