This topic has 35 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

mary
    Participant

Hi I have problems with those words I cannot translate it.
    I can’t find them in the .po-file.

So every words on the users wall is in english and I need danish.

Please let me know where to find those

Activity
    Notifications 0
    Messages 0
    Friends 0
    Groups 0
    Forums
    Album
    Media0
    Settings

Personal
    Mentions
    Favorites
    Friends
    Groups

Laura

Hello, please use the plugin Codestyling Localization, after installing it and activated it, go to your FTP and follow the path wp-content/plugins/buddypress then create a folder with the name bp-languages , to that folder, put permissions to 777 and go back to wp-admin. Now scan your buddypress language in Codestyling Localization Settings, find the words, translate them and after that, click on GENERATE MO FILE to save it.

Then go back to FTP and in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages find the files created by Codestyling Localization Plugin. Copy them and paste them in wp-content/languages/plugins

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mary
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i recently saw that Codestyling Localization uses the old path of buddypress language, please try to use this plugin Loco Translate and try to translate those words from the backend using Loco Translate, let me know if it works 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mary
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i will test it and let you know asap

Laura

Hello, could you share admin credentials? 🙂

mary
    Participant
     kiskuba
    Participant

Hi, is it working ? Loco Translate or Codestyling Localization is better ?

Regards

mary
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i can see the words translated, did you manage to resolve it? 🙂

mary
    Participant

I just resolved it in the php file. In in the label form.

I want to know now why “I agree” button don’t work?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, i do not suggest to translate using php files, as if you ever update the theme it will be lost.
    I do not understand what you mean? Why it doesnt work?

mary
    Participant

I just installed the new version and now is working 🙂

Laura

Hello, i’m glad that its resolved!

Walther
    Participant

I tried both Locotranslate and codestyle, but I keep having this problem too.

Help please?

Best regards,

mary
    Participant
     mary
    Participant

resolved

ACTasarim
    Participant

Hi. I’m using Loco Translate and keeping my po & mo files in Global languages directory (wp-content/languages/themes) as suggested by Loco. I don’t know why but my localized sweetdate-tr_TR.mo file is ignored by the theme. When I copy the same file to wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages folder it works fine. Why sweetdate is ignoring WP_LANG_DIR?
    Thanks

mary
    Participant

so fantastic now is the translation finished at http://skilsmissedating.dk I’m so happy

Laura

Hello, mary could you share the solution so others can use it? 🙂

ACTasarim, the language files should be in languages folder and in sweetdate/languages
    There shouldnt be an issue there, anyways you can share admin credentials so i can check it out 🙂

aytens
    Participant

Dear Laura,
    I have same translation problem, it says: access error:”You do not have the permission to create the file ‘/home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages/buddypress-tr_TR.po’.But I changed permissions to 777, try many times, there is access error.
    Could you please help me?

Laura

Hello, now there is no need for that folder, just place your translations in wp-content/languages/plugins
    Now you can use the plugin Loco Translate, as it will auto add your translations to that path 🙂

ACTasarim
    Participant

Hi Laura. For you the language files for sweetdate should be in languages folder and in sweetdate/languages. For me it should be and work in wp-content/languages/themes. Every time updating a theme or plugin I shouldn’t upload files manually.

I think you guys should immediately solve this problem as recommended by the author of the Loco Translate in order to recommend this plugin for your customers.

For further reference you can check this post: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/mo-file-in-global-languages-directory Thanks

aytens
    Participant

Thanks Laura, I tried loco translation. I couldn’t translate buddypress to Turkish
    There is error:
    plugins/buddypress/bp-languages directory is not found. (But it is there) I’m very confused for translating buddypress:((

Laura

Hello aytens, please share admin credentials and ftp to check it out 🙂

ACTasarim, the plugin works perfectly with the theme, so the issue is not related to it, as i have tested it myself for my personal website and everything works as it should, i can check it out but the issue can be related to:
    – Plugins creating conflict
    – Cache
    – Wrong directory setup
    – Wrong plugin setup

If you need me to check it out, i will be glad to do it, just please share admin and ftp credentials 🙂

aytens
    Participant
     aytens
    Participant
     mary
    Participant
     Laura
     Laura
     mary
    Participant
     Laura

Hello Mary, its fixed 🙂

mary
    Participant
     Laura

Hello Aytens, i tested it but its not giving me an error, please check out your connection or test in another computer

Laura

Hello, Mary, it was a pleasure, if you feel happy please give us a nice comment and/or a 5 star rating in themeforest 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?