This topic has 25 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     veggist
    Participant

Hi! I`M using poedit to translate BuddyPress, and wonder where to save the translated files? In the /wp-content/languages/plugins-folder the only plugin listed there is akismet, and in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-folder theres no language-folder?

Laura

Hello, create a folder in buddypress and call it bp-languages , then drop your files there. Also inside wp-content/languages/plugins and drop them there, the name of the files should be buddypress-es_Es.mo/po

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

veggist
    Participant

Ok, I will do that. and the files will remain there even after update of theme and plugin?

Laura

Hello, yes they will.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

veggist
    Participant

Hi, it seems like my bbpress-nb_NO.mo/po-files somehow disapeared after updating the theme. and after uploading the files again as you described over here, they do not kick in. Why is that?

Laura

Hello, what else did you update?

veggist
    Participant

Only the theme

veggist
    Participant

Sorry, I meant my buddypress-nb_NO.mo/po-files

Laura

Hello, just delete and override the translations in languages of theme and plugins

veggist
    Participant

I have now deleted and re-uploaded the norwegian language files in:

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages
    and
    /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages

but still the english translation is there, see attachement

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, please share your website and an admin account so i can check it out 🙂

veggist
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i reactivated your plugins and saw your translations, everything seems working fine, maybe its the directory, do you have also those translations inside of wp-content/languages/plugins (.mo and .po can be found in bp-languages) ?

veggist
    Participant

Well, the translations in buddypress and bbpress is not active
    I have the theme translation in /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages and /public_html/wp-content/languages and in the child theme /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/languages
    The bbpress langfiles are in/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages and /public_html/wp-content/languages/plugins
    The buddypress langfiles are in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages

But now I just found a wp-install in /public_html/wp-content/languages, and I don´t know why that is there. Is this causing the problem?

Laura

Hello, the translation should be in wp-content/languages/plugins
    Do you have it inside languages or inside languages/plugins?

veggist
    Participant

Well, as I wrote in my last post, I have them in:

-wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages (theme language)
    -wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/languages (theme language)
    -wp-content/languages/plugins (bbpress-nb_NO.po/mo)
    -wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages (buddypress-nb_NO.po/mo)
    -wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages (bbpress-nb_NO.po/mo)

In the forum I have read that some have them in the language folders, others on the plugin folder. I just want to make sure my translation are kicking in and NOT being lost in updates. Why is the translations not workking now? Do you need login credentials? (I think I submitted that earlier in the ticket)

Laura

Hello, can you share your translation files and FTP credentials? I can try to do a clean install of your translations.

veggist
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Deybeat
    Participant

I have the same problem with the language in Spanish… I need help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     twoshoes
    Participant

This is my structure and it’s working fine for me:

BuddyPress
    wp-content/languages/buddypress-nb_NO.po/mo

bbPress
    wp-content/languages/plugins/bbpress-nb_NO.po/mo

Sweetdate
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages/nb_NO.po/mo

I also use a child theme, but I don’t have any language files there.

All other plugin translations go into the wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder except for the Paid Memberships Pro plugin, that goes into wp-content/plugins/paid-memberships-pro/languages/pmpro-nb_NO.po/mo.

I used the localize plugin before, but I deleted it because it seems to do more harm than good, so now I only use poedit and this seems to work better for me.

I like this setup because when I update a plugin I don’t have to worry about overwriting anything, plus it keeps it nice and neat, everything in one place, well except for the PMP plugin and the theme (sweetdate) which doesn’t work in the wp-content/languages/ folder for some (unfortunate) reason. It would be REALLY nice if they did though, cause then everything would be in one single folder (wp-content/languages).

Oh, and the BuddyPress translation can also go into the wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder if you want, but I’ve read somewhere that if you do it might get overwritten during a BuddyPress update. So I leave it in the languages folder instead and it works perfectly.

My website (for reference) is http://www.norskmodell.no

Deybeat
    Participant

I am using the same structure you but it does not work

Laura

Hello all, have you tried Loco Translate plugin? It seems to work for me

veggist
    Participant

@Laura:
    I gave you the ftp credentials so you could log in and check and I`m still waiting for a feedback on that
    I don´t want to mess up any more by installing and trying out other translating plugins in the meantime.
    Whats the status?

josebaberri
    Participant

I have the same problem, in the user profile page, few words i couldn´t translate.
    Please, tell me in wichh file are this words to translate.
    The words are: Activity, Profile, Notidications, Profile, Friends, Groups,Match and Quick profile navigation.

josebaberri
    Participant

I fixed the problem.

Laura

Hello jose, could you share how you fixed it so other users can use it?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?