This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: ,

GnosisToday
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been trying to translate the Kleo option in Header options/Main menu info using WPML.
    I already re-scanned the theme and the string I have there doesn’t appear in WPML’s string translation.
    I also noticed you already added it to the wpml-config.xml (string title_info), yet there’s no way I can get it to show in my string translation module.

Help!
    Catalin

GnosisToday
    Participant

Bump…

Laura

Hello, you can find it using Loco translate plugin, please share admin account to check it out 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

GnosisToday
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m not sure that I follow: we’re already using WPML, isn’t that enough?
    I installed loco, in case you need it. Sill send user/pass in private.
    Thanks

GnosisToday
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, loco translate is enough to translate all the theme, have you tested it? I can add the lenguage if you dont know how to, just need to know that language is and the text you want to change, so we can test that it works 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

GnosisToday
    Participant

Hello Laura,
    I will need, in time, to translate this text into 1-15 languages, maybe more. It’s an evolving situation.
    Still, I’m confused, here’s why:

• we use WPML (as I stated before)
    • your string is present in wpml-config.xml (which is a WPML specific file, so you expected it translated by means of WPML plugin)
    • I already have 15 languages managed with WPML, an industry standard– no intention to use another multilanguage plugin.

Why are we talking about another plugin (Loco)???
    My question is: why is not working with WPML? Is this a WPML, a config or a Kleo issue?
    Thank you,
    Catalin

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

GnosisToday
    Participant

Still waiting for some help on this one. We’re preparing to launch the site in a few days, in many languages.
    Thank you!
    C.

Andrei

Hi @GnosisToday, I’m sorry to inform you, but the theme options panel isn’t yet fully translatable.
    We’ll try to change this in the near future.

Cheers

pandreas82
    Participant

Have you done something with this issue?

I use polylang plugin (https://polylang.wordpress.com/)..

How can I translate main menu info?

Thank you.

Andreas

Andrei

From what I recall using polylang plugin will create separate menus for each language. Please check with the polylang documentation.

Cheers

pandreas82
    Participant

Indeed, with polyland you can assign a menu to one or more languages.

The question here is about “main menu info” of KLEO.
    “Default: feel free to call us +91.33.26789234 youremail@yourdomain.com

I attach a screenshot. How can I translate this text?

Andreas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

Check if polylang has any shortcodes to allow you to display content depending of the active content, that way you could use some shortcodes in that area.

pandreas82
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     pandreas82
    Participant

Anyway, I have found this https://polylang.wordpress.com/documentation/documentation-for-developers/the-wpml-language-configuration-file/..

Sure you use get_option from database for “main menu info”.. So I assume that this solution will work.

Thank you!

Andrei

Well, Polylang is not the plugin we use in Kleo for translation management, we are certified and integrated with WPML, which works totally different than Polylang and that’s why I couldn’t help you more on this subject.

In WPML case you have a String Translation Management interface from where you can translate such strings, for Polylang case I have given you some guidance about what you can search and do to find a way to translate that string.

I’m sorry if by no mean I was looking unsupportive.

Andrei

The WPML config file is already present, so if Polylang can use it, then look after the “title_info” variable which is the one holding that text.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?