This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     ccommpr
    Participant

Hi, I bought your template recently and I would like to know how to edit different templates and language.

1. I would like to add some fields to the memeber boxes. http://tuyopr.com/miembros/
    2. I would like to change the dimensions of the buttons just under the profile pic and add the members age. And move the buttons to the side. http://tuyopr.com/miembros/maine/
    3. In Mobile version and comp version centralize the circles of the members.
    4. I dont want to show publicly the user real name. http://tuyopr.com
    5. Add cities, states and countries without going one by one.
    6. Also in mobile version when viewing members profiles it uses two lines. I would like it to be only in one line (ex. Yo soy > Hombre) and only use the next line for overriden.

If you can point me to the right files it would be very helpful.

ccommpr
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot something.
    7. Im having to many spammer registering. Is there a recapcha that I could integrate in tehe registration process?

Laura

Hola 🙂 Voy a intentar ayudarte en lo que pides, punto por punto:
    1- Para añadir algunos datos de campos del perfil en el directorio de miembros, usa el siguiente código cambiando los apartados por tus campos.

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_member_data');
    function kleo_my_member_data() 
    {
        global $kleo_config;
        //this is the details field, right now it take the "About me" field content 
        $kleo_config['bp_members_details_field'] = 'Sobre Mi';
        //this display the fields under the name, eq: 36 / Woman / Divorced / Berlin. Modify with the names of the fields you want to appear there
        $kleo_config['bp_members_loop_meta'] = array(
            'Soy',
    		'Estado Civil',
            'País',
    		'Ciudad'
        );
    }

2- Para Añadir la edad, debes tenerlo puesto en Sweetdate > Buddypress y el miembro en cuestión debe tener el campo rellenado. Para las modificaciones en los botones podrías especificar un poco más? 🙂

3- No entiendo bien lo que quieres decir
    4- Simplemente cambia la visibilidad de “Name” en Usuarios > Campos de Perfil o cambia el nombre por algo diferente.
    5- El apartado de País es automatico y no hace falta añadir uno por uno, solo debes importar los campos en Sweetdate > Buddypress para tenerlo o crearlo tu mismo y seleccionarlo en Sweetdate > Buddypress. Para las ciudadesp uedes usar el api de geo y seleccionar el campo el campo que hará de ciudad en Sweetdate > Buddypress

6- Actualmente la configuración en móvil es la más optima y no recomendamos cambiarla, pero si aun así quieres hacerlo, puedo inspeccionar a ver qué podemos hacer.
    7- Puedes usar el plugin Cleantalk junto con buddypress ajax avatar registration para forzar la subida de una imagen en el registro.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

ccommpr
    Participant

Ok, Im having trouble with spanish. Please reply in english.

1. which file I have to edit. (IF posible, give me the path)
    2. I want to add memebrs age in a button just beside the profile picture or beside the name on top of profile picture. Also, I want the buttons to be wider and the information has to be in only one line.
    3. The circles of the members on home page http://tuyopr.com/ are not centralized. And in mobile version it does not show the photo and the text is on top of each other. (See http://tuyopr.com/ on Computer and mobile.)
    4. Ok
    5. I dont understand exactly how to do it. Remember, I need city, state and country.
    6. On the “base”, “mi fisico”, etc. part of the profile the information is shown in two lines (see http://tuyopr.com/miembros/mamaine/) I would like it to show in one.
    7. ok
    8. Also how can if I change “Base” to “Perfil” (see http://tuyopr.com/miembros/mamaine/) It hides the “Sobre Mi” button on the top (blue area of the profile).

Laura

Hello, will reply in english 🙂
    1- Add the code to sweetdate-child/functions.php inside of wp-contents/themes
    2- To show member age please follow these steps:
    2.1 Go to Sweetdate > Buddypres
    2.2 Scroll Down and find the Age field, set up the field you want. (Check attachment nº1)
    2.3 User needs to fill the age field in their profile, Profile > Edit from front end
    2.4 Add this to quick css or style.css in wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/style.css

COPY CODE

.dl-horizontal dt {
    float: left;
    width: 180.98px !important;
    line-height: 2.3em;
    overflow: hidden;
    clear: left;
    text-align: left !important;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    white-space: nowrap;
    font-weight: bold;
    border: none !important;
    border-radius: 0px;
    }
    .regulartab dt {
    padding: 0px 11px 0 10px !important;
    font-weight: normal;
    }

3- Same as above, paste this css in quick css or style.css

COPY CODE

li.two.columns.mobile-two.top-active-members {
    margin-left: 2%;
    }

5- Go to Sweetdate > Buddypress
    5.1 Click on Import profile fields ( A blue button) It will import all needed fields to Users > Profile fields.
    5.2 Go to Sweetdate > Buddypress
    5.3 Select the country field you just imported (You can change the name of the field in Users > Profile Fields.
    5.4 Now check the City Autocomplete and then go to geonames.org http://www.geonames.org/login Create an account
    5.5 Then go to http://www.geonames.org/manageaccount and follow the attachment.
    5.6 Add your username to Sweetdate > Buddypress geonames username
    6- Fixed in point 2
    8- Go to Users > Profile fields and you will find edit group button, then change base name for perfil 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ccommpr
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response, but I tried everything exactly like you told me and it didnt work.

The only thing I could that worked was point number 1
    2. It does not give me the “edad” option. Only Date Of Birth. Althoug the buttons are now on the right of the profile picture, they still need two row and I need them in one row.
    3. I pasted the code but nothing happened.
    4. I dont have the option for visibility in that field.
    5. This is not an option for me as I need only PR and USA cities but in a dropdown. (I guess Ill put them 1 by 1)
    6. I did as you told me, but nothing.
    8. If I change that group name the it hide the “Sobre mi” button ont top of memebers profiles. Is there any other way?

Please help. This is driving me crazy.

Signed by:
    A Desperate Soul

Laura

Hello
    2- Edad is just a field i created, you have to create a field for Age in Users > Profile fields, then select it where “Edad” is in my attachment, also enable the options you see in the attachment
    3- Could you share an admin user with me so i can check it out?
    4- You could change Name for another thing so they dont fill it with their real name, something like Alias, Nickname…
    5- Then 1 by one, yes, sadly there isnt another way now
    6- Share admin user
    8- You said you wanted to change Base for Perfil, after you change the name, make sure you have the bp profile field enabled in Sweetdate > BP Profile fields

Let me know 🙂

ccommpr
    Participant

2. This point is not clear. I want to add the age on top of the profile picture on the profile area or member page (http://tuyopr.com/miembros/maine/). And add some buttons at the rigth of the profile picure.
    3. Nevermind I cleared the cache and it showed. But only on desktop. Im still having toruble on mobile version. Please see this on phone http://tuyopr.com/
    4. The problem is in registration. It asks for your name and send it to that field. If I change the field name it would bring the Name Field from registration. I would have to change the registration form. How?
    5. Is there a way to select your living area in steps. I would like it to be:
    a. select country,
    b. then (depending on country selection) get the states of that country and select one.
    c. then (dependinbg of the state) get cities and select one.
    6. Nevermind I cleared the cache and it showed.
    8. Please specify as to where should I check the enabling.
    10. This one is new. I will like to show only from 1994 the year of birth. So that the only option is to be 21 years old.

Thank you for your help.

Laura

Hello,
    for 2. It requires times and custom development, i suggest to hire a freelancer to do it for you 🙂
    4- Can you share an admin user with me to check it out?
    5- Maybe it can be done with the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-conditional-profile-field/
    8. I can do this for you with an admin user
    10. Can be changed in Sweetdate > Buddypress scroll down to see the limit age 🙂

ccommpr
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, for 2. you can find those files in Sweetdate > Members / Custom buddypress folders and some functions in functions.php
    3. Try this css in quick css or style.css in child theme

COPY CODE

@media only screen and (max-width: 940px) {
    .two, .row .two {
    width: 44% !important;
    }
    }

4. Will work on it now
    8. Will work on it now
    10. Use this in functions.php of child theme, change max year as you want:

COPY CODE

function custom_bp_datebox($html, $type, $day, $month, $year, $field_id, $date) {      
        if($type == 'year'){

$html = '<option value=""' . selected( $year, '', false ) . '>----</option>';

for ( $i = 2015; $i > 1994; $i-- ) {
                    $html .= '<option value="' . $i .'"' . selected( $year, $i, false ) . '>' . $i . '</option>';
            }
        }
        return $html;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_get_the_profile_field_datebox', 'custom_bp_datebox',10,7);

Laura

Hello, here its an update
    4. Done with css:

COPY CODE

div#profile-details-section {
    display: none;
    }
    div#basic-details-section {
    margin-left: 30%;
    }
    div.register-section.wangguard {
    margin-left: 30.5%;
    }

8. Done changing Base Group Name (check screenshots) NOTE: In order to show your tabs next to profile please update Sweetdate because the update includes a new panel BP Profile Tabs and Matching system editor. You have not updated your theme so right now no tabs will show.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ccommpr
    Participant

ok Thank you.
    How would I upgrade the theme without loosing customization?

Laura

Hello, you can upgrade the theme by just downloading and installing it, but not the child theme, just the normal one, because all changes are in child theme

ccommpr
    Participant

Thank you for all your help.

Laura

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?