This topic has 131 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 7 years by David.

• Author
     kellylouise007
    Participant

Hi Apologies if this has already been requested.

Re: User Privacy
    Is it possible to another option in the Users Privacy Options, so that users can stipulate exactly who they share their info with.
    For example.
    Users Type A can only view Users Type B Profiles.

If it’s not an option for a future update could you let me know some costs to get it implemented. (If it’s possible)

Thanks

adam
    Participant

Hello –
    1) I agree with Nicholaus above and say that the ability to search members by zip code would be amazing (so you can find members closest to you). It would be great to be able to see how many miles away from you they are.
    2) I like the idea of being able to see the members who’ve recently viewed your profile.
    3) On the members page, members should have their usernames displayed instead of their real names
    4) Also on the members page, the results show a lot of unused space. Inside the blocks I would like to see more information such as city and state, distance to you (see request #1) above, and the ability to include information from other created fields
    5) I would like to force members to upload a photo upon registration. Either in the initial registration step or after they verify their email address on the page that says “Your Account is Now Active”.

Thanks!
    -Adam

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    As soon as we decide on the features we will include in the update we will let you know. Being involved with the updates we can’t do any custom work for now. Thanks

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions
    For point 4 you can add extra fields using an array in your sweetdate-child/functions.php inside the kleo_remove_actions function

COPY CODE

$kleo_config;
    $kleo_config['bp_members_loop_meta'] = array(
        'I am a',
        'Marital status',
        'City'
    );

These are the default ones. You can modify them or add extra fields.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     adam
    Participant

Ah great, thank you.

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

Would love it if the myCRED plugin was integrated and/or compatible fully with the theme.

We are trying to set up a point system and leaderboard with the specific rank being show in the user profile next to the avatar image or about me section.

I really hope this gets added to the feature list,
    Thanks,
    Nicholaus

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Is it possible that people can share or upload pictures from Instagram?
    Is there an option where I can block email, phone in the profile? I mean If somebody try to write their own email, using “@” or something like that. I mention this for security.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Integration with Instagram is not possible.
    I found this code snippet that allows you to filter email addresses sent trough private messages:

COPY CODE

/*remove email addresses from private messages
    http://webdeveloperswall.com/snippets/buddypress-remove-email-id-from-private-messages
    */
    function wdw_remove_email_from_private_msg($message){
    	$replacement = "[removed]";
    	/*if you dont want any replacement text, replace the above line with 
    		$replacement = ""; 
    	*/
    	return preg_replace("/[^@\s]*@[^@\s]*\.[^@\s]*/", $replacement, $message);
    	/*the code is short and works in most cases but not full proof. Check http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9585*/
    }
    add_filter('messages_message_content_before_save', 'wdw_remove_email_from_private_msg');
    add_filter('messages_message_subject_before_save', 'wdw_remove_email_from_private_msg');

I think you could use it also for profile fields but haven’t tested it:
    add_filter( ‘bp_get_the_profile_field_value’, ‘wdw_remove_email_from_private_msg’, 999, 1 );

wisinyyandel7
    Participant

Thanks for that. I have this situation.
    I have 3 profiles on Facebook. Each profile has 1200 people.
    Is there a way that I can share my dating website in the wall of each one person or is it possible to get their emails (the ones that they long in on Facebook) and I can send them a message in their inbox without they know that my profile is promoting my dating website?.
    Why I am saying this? it’s because I don’t want that they know that my groups or profiles are managing the brand of my dating website.
    is it possible? or Facebook is going to think like a Spam?
    Thanks for your help

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You cannot do that
    http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/permissions/
    email field only available for the users that connected to your application and have given email extended permission

Holla

Many infos here.
    I read most of them, and I think that those features may be interesting …

– A modal window hat would ask to new members logged in to fill their profile infos till a certain percentage ? 🙂
    – A way to add some “User Profile Fields” to the registration page : this would allow to fill targeted affinities at the begining of the registration process.
    – If logged, replace the blue button “Join us for FREE” by “Edit YOUR profile” for exemple.
    – A rating system of members in order to avoid spam / inactive profiles in search results ? (based on votes from other users or recent activity ?)

Again, thx for your support and incredible work !

Splectic
    Participant

Hi,

This is the best theme and I absolutely love it. I’d like to see these features in the next update:

1) The powered by wordpress hover text is shown on the logo after users log out and the link is actually to the wordpress homework not my site (perhaps when users log out they should simply be returned to the homepage as well?). I know I can add code to change it, but I’m not sure how to in the Child theme’s PHP.

2) I’d like to be able to modify the “Registering for this site is easy…” text on the registration page. I simply haven’t found a way to do this and it’d be a great feature.

Thank you, this them is the best!

clutchnyc
    Participant

One Suggestion: When users log in using the modal window, they seem to always be redirected to the homepage. It would be great if login from the modal window would keep users on whatever page they are on instead of redirecting to the homepage.

Thank you!!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, You can already do that by adding this to sweetdate-child/functions.php:

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_actions');

function kleo_my_actions() 
    {
        add_filter('kleo_modal_login_redirect','my_custom_redirect');
    }

function my_custom_redirect() {
        return $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
    }

clutchnyc
    Participant

Worked great! thank you so much!!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    1. You can do this by adding the following snippet in sweetdate-child/funtions.hp

COPY CODE

function kleo_new_wp_login_url() { return home_url(); }
    add_filter('login_headerurl', 'kleo_new_wp_login_url');

function kleo_new_wp_login_title() { return get_option('blogname'); }
    add_filter('login_headertitle', 'kleo_new_wp_login_title');

2. That text is found in sweetdate/registration/register.php at line 34. Copy the file in your child theme and modify it there(keep the same folder structure)

kswift
    Participant

I’d like to minimize the user profile for any user who’s logged in.

Right now all the profile related functionality (including edit and reading messages) are only reached after scrolling, and since I allow users to add their entire bio on the profile, they have to scroll a lot! On a small computer, even when clicking to their messages inbox, all they see is their own profile first.

Would be great to be able to hide the profile and only make it available to the user when they actually click on a ‘Profile’ link to see their own profile.

kswift
    Participant

Another idea – it would be awesome if support for RTMedia would be more central to the user profile.

Since in many communities, uploading pics and sound will be quite important, it would be a shame to have that content hidden away in a tab. Ideally (I’m building a musicians network) I’d feature a song and/or pics immediately at the front of someone’s profile.

Also, if the upload functionality would receive your great custom skinning (with a big UPLOAD YOUR MEDIA button for example) that will certainly stimulate users to share their images and sounds.

Ishanna
    Participant

Hi!

I have a request.

Is it posible to have a green border around the profile avatar when online?
    And maybe a chat integration like on this theme: http://themextemplates.com/demo/lovestory/chat/11

Kind regards,

Ishanna

adam
    Participant

Thanks so much for the membership update. I was wondering when you might be offering support for a homepage slider (e.g. Revolution Slider) as well as a chat feature?

Ishanna
    Participant

Where can I edit the membership settings??

adam
    Participant

Ishanna – make sure you update to 2.0 then install the new membership plugin (Appearance->Themes->Install Plugins). You’ll see the membership settings in the new Memberships tab on the left side of your WP Admin panel.

Tenshi
    Participant

Not sure if this is already in the current version but I noticed that there are no GROUP NOTIFICATIONS? Only friend request and inbox.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, That feature is not available.

Tenshi
    Participant

Will this be added in the future? My website revolves in groups rather than individuals so this would be a nice addition. Also ACTIVITY NOTIFICATION – you get notified when someone replies or “favorites” your post/comment/etc. Just like Facebook notifications.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Well, our theme is focused on members and not groups. We will keep it on our list but we don’t promise anything

Tenshi
    Participant

Hello! I was searching through the support forums hoping to find codes/hacks that might be of use for my site. I saw this one – https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/different-user-accounts and it got me thinking if in the future, would it be possible to have more than one user types/profile in one account? An example would be like that one in the link, one user type for buyer, one for seller but both in one account.

I’m building a website around a game where you could list different characters for other players to search and party up with. But what if a player has more than one character? The only way to list them is to make another account. And managing two or more accounts would be difficult especially if they are all receiving invites, messages, etc.

Essentially, have the ability to create more profiles and be able to quickly switch between them (without logging out and logging in) all under one account (email).

Not really sure how this could be of use under the Dating scene since the theme revolves around it but it could be useful for others who use it for another reason.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, What you need requires a lot of development to achieve that. We will probably add something related to that topic in the future.

Cheers

tiger
    Participant

Some more features that would be great:

1. Adding the login/sign up and when a user is logged in the message alerts, profile, and logout buttons to the sticky and responsive menu. This way it functions more like an app on mobile phones.

2. A list view for groups and members, the current view takes up too much space on the mobile. Also be helpful if the the members page had the option for sidebar and change the search to match the groups page.

3. Option to show name and username in members page.

Do you have a roadmap up online so we can which features you are working on and when they are being released?

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions.
    We don’t have a published list with upcoming features but we will create a topic with this.

rudik2
    Participant

1. User location in map.
    a) site1 – show user with the same city
    b) site2 – show user with the same region
    c) site3 – (neighbors) show user with for example, just 10, 20, 30 , 40 etc. km from the London
    d) site4 – show user with the same country
    e) site5 – geolocation if some accept
    2. Button “I like you” with notification to the recipient or Gift.
    3. Send 5 of 30 ready-made questions to the person who I’m interested.
    4. Option: Who viewed me and automatic e-mail message to user, when someone reading his profile (This will encourage you to visit).
    5. Site with matched profiles and automatic e-mail with information “send you a list of matching profiles” (for example 6 match and send e-mail every friday)
    6. Automatic e-mail with wishes Happy Birthaday from Site to User or Birthaday option in site Member.
    7. Event calendar with social option. where users can subscribe to events: I will take part in this event, I do not know if I will participate in this event, I will not take part in the event. Under this wydarzeniemi should be displayed avatars of people who will attend.
    8. Block a compulsive users.

Tenshi
    Participant

I’m aware that the theme is centered about the members but it would be nice to have a better group functionality, just like the member search where you can have custom fields to fill out and be able to search them via the horizontal/vertical search forms.

In summary:
    1) Ability to add custom fields for groups
    2) Be able to show these fields in group listing page
    2) Be able to search and filter out groups just like in member search (Age, Sex, Location, etc)

Thank you for reading!

apine0322
    Participant

Can you guys add a “like” or “not like” feature for user profiles? When the user clicks “like” it will alert them via email that someone like their profile. And it will also show them a weekly summary of who liked and didn’t like their profiles etc.

Also, a picture rating tool would be great. In case that a member submits a nasty image or something like that.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You should try searching for plugins that already to that and integrate with buddypress.
    Thanks for your suggestions

rudik2
    Participant

Current plugins that work with BuddyPress and SweetDate is very little. In fact, a properly working I know only one -> BuddyPress Follow. Admin please create a topic and a list of plugins that work good with SweetDate.

Tenshi
    Participant

I am using 33 plugins at the moment and I think that’s a lot. Though some are wonky (due to CSS conflicts), they can still easily be fixed (CSS-wise). I think this is more of an end-user limitation, not theme limitation.

But a topic containing lists of working plugins would be nice!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Some plugins would require css stlying because they can’t all match site styling and it is inevitable not to have CSS conflict, which can be fixed.

We will create a topic with compatible plugins if that helps.

twoshoes
    Participant

I’d love to see a carousel, either as a widget or on the home page, of my members latest (or most popular) uploaded photos from their BP Album.

Some sort of ranking system would also be extremely nice, where members could rate photos and get on some top lists. This however might probably be too much work. But it would be SWEET 😉 hehe.

Tenshi
    Participant

1) Can you guys add more Numerical Fields under Sweetdate > Buddypress? Aside from Age, I have other fields that needs a range search. Maybe not only a certain amount so we can expand as needed.

Example: http://puu.sh/4Xzbb.png

2) Not sure if this is for xProfile but, it would be nice to have certain dropdown fields, depending on the answer selected, will show another dropdown menu or option that is related to that.

For example, only a dropdown shows options for Country. If user picks “USA”, another dropdown will appear with only states that are applicable to “USA”. If user picks another country, it will change to provinces/states that are in those country only.

Example: http://puu.sh/4XyQi.png

3) An option to have a basic and advanced search forms under Sweetdate > Buddypress. The current one could be the advanced search and an optional basic search. Admins can choose which will be default one to display in general. But both have options to embed using php or shortcodes.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks for your suggestions. We will take them in consideration

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?