This topic has 131 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 7 years by David.

• Author
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hey guys! We are getting quite a few feature requests for the theme. Since we want to make the theme as complete as possible we accept requests here and update the initial post on what is planned next.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,
    For sure we will include payments in our next update. Please help us make a complete dating theme and share your thoughts with us.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     leeooing
    Participant

Can you do random chat for members or video chat room

buddhatunes
    Participant

Any suggestions on creating this page? A widget with member’s pictures/links who viewed my profile would also be great.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

We will do some tests and try to include it in our next updates.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

We are including in this week update a search form in the header, after the menu. This will search in post and pages(default wordpres search)

To change the home page form you can edit page-parts/home-search-form.php.

To change user fields you should go to Users -> User profiles

liensenor
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for the prompt answer.

1. I want to remove the home page and replace it by text like here : http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

2. About the fields, i’m talking about the users finder form. Is possible to select specific fields? No worry about it because we will get the search form to see.

Cheers

SQadmin
    Keymaster

1. On the website you gave me that text is an image.
    To hide the home page form you need to comment this in header.php : render_user_search();

2. This week we are releasing an update where you can easily customize fields in search form.

liensenor
    Participant

render_user_search(); added in the end of my header php and i’m still having the search form on the header.

Were exactly to add this code please?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

No, you need to comment that line. Around line 179 you have:
    render_user_search();
    replace it with: //render_user_search();

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi sqadmin. Can you have a look at my post 204? Thank you!

rugwarrior
    Participant

I tried the chat plugin from WPMUDEV but it does not work well on mobile devices ๐Ÿ™

It is indeed tough to find a good plugin for this… even CometChat does not actually work with responsive sites and has its own “webapp”… but that brings you out from your own site… the integration is not ideal at the moment…

rugwarrior
    Participant

The devs from BuddyDev have some nice stuff in the pipeline like (the bold are maybe interesting for some users?!):

Upcoming Plugins:-
    Limit Members per Groups:- Thanks to @mercime for the Idea, It is half baked at the moment and I will release it soon
    BuddyPress User Relationship Plugin:- I promised and did not complete it fully. So, going to put it this month
    Blog Type:- You can categorize WordPress Blogs in a WordPress Multisite Network(Supports BuddyPress too)
    Blog Avatar:- Half baked, needs finishing
    Signup Avatar:- Allow users to upload avatars while signing up
    Private Message Rate Limiter:- Limit the no. of Private Messages sent per unit of time(set by admin)
    Private Site:- Gives you awesome caps for making a Private BuddyPress/WordPress site. It is completed, I need to finish the admin panel
    dPress:- WordPress digital download Manager with version support(I am open sourcing the plugin I use on BuddyDev for managing Downloads)
    Request Invite:- Allow users to request an Invite for the site. An admin can approve/decline the request. If the request is approved, the user will be able to signup for the site.

They also posted about adding “Add as friend” and “Send private message” to the members directory if someone is interested: link to blog post

And they already have a bunch of plugins… I wrote them if they can update the chat component but it looks like that this will not happen during the next weeks…

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Nice. We have seen nice plugins there too. Let’s see next week what we can do about chat plugin

johndicoke
    Participant

Hey guys,

I really love this theme and am excited for the update. A few things I am hoping to see:

1) better ability to hide/direct people to register or sign in. Private chat gives 404 at the moment and seems like an error rather than simply a “behind the wall” page

2) ability to instant chat with members

3) ability to organize events. Our community would like to organize shared movie watching times and we currently do that through forums, but would like a better way to do this as our community grows

4) possibly integrating facebook page comments somewhere (i.e. facebook stream)

5) paywall, payment methods as other users have mentioned

6) better picture functionality. For some reason, our users have a difficult time uploading their pictures. Only after a few times does it work properly. I am not clear exactly on the underlying causes. (http://i.imgur.com/N0mHwyp.png)

7) a way to search all members by location and active date. we are growing an international community and would like to see people be able to search for other members close to themselves

thank you so much!

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi johndicoke,

for 2) I also have a look at this but finding a good plugin is really hard…

for 3) have a look at Events Manager or Events+

for 4) have a look at Comments Plus or maybe Ultimate Facebook

for 5) it is under development and should be released this month

for 6) an update for search is under development as I heard

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi johndicoke,
    6) If you installed theme on localhost it can ca be an issue with Gravatar about not generating the image.

We are testing the search functionality. We try to release it today 07.05.2013

Thanks rugwarrior

liensenor
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the update ! But still missing fonctionnality.

1. When I disable the search on home page to keep image, i’m still having it. I want to get the header with my image but without the search form.

2. You told me that the form will search posts and pages, but nothing. The form does not find my posts. It’s only find members. How to fix that please?

3. After the update, my user profil it’s not yet displayed.

4. I don’t want to use this theme for dating. so how to remove the “hearts icons” and the “matching percentage” info in users profiles?

Thanks

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi liensenor

for 4) please have a look at Make matching compatibility optional

liensenor
    Participant

Hi rugwarrior,

Where to find that option to set it up?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You should put that in your functions.php from the child theme.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

@liensenor
    Hi,
    edit your functions.php from sweetdate-child and add this:

http://pastebin.com/yLNwgYAi

2. We said we will add a search in header. It is coming today in 1.3.1

lmaccaro
    Participant

Ability to search for members only within your geographical area. Most dating sites do this already since it is a requirement for a dating site; the member will put in their city/state/country or zip code (US) and choose “show me members from 0-15km away, 16-40km away”, etc.

abidbd
    Participant

Feature requests..
    Do you support BadgeOs and Buddypress Giftbar or Buddypress Gifts Rebirth and Buddypress Media plugin or at least one? It will be great advantage if you support theseโ€ฆ Please do..

Another Suggestion:
    Hey, I guess you can check google+ chatbar (was meebo chatbar) for chat option and inkfilepicker.com to make upload function more enjoyableโ€ฆ
    Also, in payment function, donโ€™t use anything that use only paypal and paypal credit card, because it donโ€™t support all country.. Keep any alternative like standalone credit card and/or other third party options..

Warmly regards,
    Abid H.

jaybini
    Participant

search members by location and Religion to make it by country and city in a drop down menu and for religion to have for example if u chose Christian u find christian-orthodox or christian-catholic,etc… Or u want it christian in general.
    we are growing an international community and would like to see people be able to search for other members close to themselves and have the search for religion too

I’d like to see a feature of “Actually Got Married” which is two people have dated through the website and it actually worked between them and finally they are married so it appears on the website that there relationship through the website succeeded

I’d like to see also a feature which allows users to send users gifts , buying them for example flowers and send them to the other user’s address
    Thank you

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi abidbd and jaybini,

with the BuddyPress Plugins Buddypress Giftbar and Buddypress Gifts Rebirth there is a problem:

Both are no longer under developement… same seems to have happend to CubePoints…

Please have a look at Feeligo BuddyPress Gifts Bar for an alternative.

I personally think that BadgeOS Community Add-on or myCred could be a great plus for a community driven page and I am going to test it during the next days (but as I am on holidays I have no special time frame for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

abidbd
    Participant

@rugwarrior,
    oo.. I didn’t actually check if they are under development or not.. thanks for informing… But I knew about CubePoints.. Their website is also not accessible saying that they will be back..

And about BadgeOs and myCred, you just took my words.. ๐Ÿ™‚ I mean, I was and am planning to use the combination of BadgeOs, myCred and some other plugin from WPMUDEV.. Specially their activity plugin and such..
    Hey, do you have any idea or can suggest any upload plugin which is compatible with sweetdate? It will be great if there’s some third party source or option from where to upload (get) the image or file instead of just from desktop..
    And thanks for your time… ๐Ÿ™‚

@sqadmin
    , I was looking around to find my this post but thought it was deleted.. Now I know it is shifted here… ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hey, a small suggestion for this support forum, please let people redirected to the page from where they login instead of redirecting them to homepage.. I click the link of any new comments from my email and when I login, it takes me to homepage and have to find the page..

Regards..

abidbd
    Participant

@rugwarrior,
    I have just checked.. Buddypress Giftbar has been updated recently and the link you gave is the same plugin. I believe, there is no other plugin that called ‘Giftbar’ in wordpress plugin directory..
    And about gift rebirth, yes, it has not been update for more than a year..

However.. thanks again… ๐Ÿ™‚

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi abidbd,

I meant “BuddyPress Gifts”… BuddyPress Gifts Bar is the new one ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also my link to BadgeOS Community Add-on was not working…

Looks like holiday is not good for typing ๐Ÿ˜‰

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks abidbd,

I will check that.

enricoeur
    Participant

I suggest to implement support for BuddyPress MEDIA Plugin

http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-media/

Currently the ALBUM feature has some bugs and the upload doesn’t create thumbnails for all pictures.

Is not suppoirted a multi file upload feature and user has to upload picture one by one ( very annoying )

Maybe needed in your theme some styling for that plugin but final result will be at the top.

Whta do you think ?

jaybini
    Participant

is Geo locations applicable for example a user entering the website looking for a someone within 40 miles , I guess its made through IPs to know where is ur exact location , I would love something like that

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, we are already working on it ๐Ÿ™‚
    We’ll keep you posted

jaybini
    Participant

I suggest to make Country a drop down menu with all countries beneath it and a sub menu for city which will be according to the country u select it shows u the cities of the selected country.

Same goes with the religion make a sub religion if selected christian it opens the sub menu for (catholic,protestant,orthodox)

Auto complete in the text boxes in the search so make it easier for the user to handle
    Thank you

kash101
    Participant

Hi,

Can you add any option in which users can sell some items by themselves? They submit their item and we can approve or disapprove it. Once approved, they will be visible on their profile page as Items for sale. This way they can sell items like pictures and movies and earn points for premium membership as well as real money. I would love to have this feature. If you are not including it, then tell me the cost of custom development. Thanks

abidbd
    Participant

hi there,
    It will be really great if you give some effects on forget password section. When I put my email and click ‘send my details’ button (login form of pop-up lightbox), it don’t create anything or it seems that it is not working. But I actually got the email.
    What I am saying is that, when someone request for forgot password, it should say ‘request received’, ‘details has been sent’ or something such so that s/he can be sure s/he has successfully submitted the request.

suggestion:
    Also, in new version, just reminding that, please do the sorting of search form fields of front-page as ‘I am..’, ‘Looking for..’ and then the ‘Age’ field… Because “age’ as first field is not good. And it will be more better if you can give the choice to arrange the fields of search form of the front-page; because different person has different needs.

Regards..

catebalcon
    Participant

Can I suggest compatibility with BuddyPress Follow plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-followers/). It’s a really simple but great plugin and compatibility would only require notification within Sweet Date theme (at the moment notifications only appear within WordPress toolbar)

Thanks

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there a way to edit the search fields to allow members to search by 5,10,15,20 miles etc from a zip code and maybe make it ajax powered so as you type the zip codes the options are displayed below the search box?

Any help would be great,
    Thank you,
    Nicholaus

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Site wide Activity Search Widget

Hi,
    I really like the search widget that is available right now, the only issue is it only searches blog posts. It would be much more useful for a BuddyPress site if the search widget was allowed to search the site wide activity feed or even group names and member names.

Hopefully this can be included in the next update ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you,
    Nicholaus

rmrenaud
    Participant

I am using the Events Manager plugin because events are the main search option for my site rather than members. It would be cool to have an option to specify which type of search you prefer on the homepage (members, groups, events, etc.). I am currently trying to make this happen but to no avail. Still working at it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?