This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by littleditty.

• Author
     Jonathan
    Participant

Hi there,

It just occurs to me that not everyone will want to have the social media links in the header, but these are often displayed in the footer. Or maybe both. A simple widget that would allow you to have social media links that are drawn from the list set in Theme Options would be very helpful.

sharmstr

Even though I dont use the social icons, I think this is a great idea.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes, good idea. We will create a shortcode for theme and that can be used anywhere, pages, text widgets, etc

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

littleditty
    Participant

Yes, I am trying to put the social icons into the footer..and I can’t find a shortcode to do so. Can you please provide?..Or has the widget been developed. I can’t see that it has. Have searched the forum and I have looked through the documentation.

*Note: I would LOVE to have a link to all shortcodes available (KLEO), so I can see their function and use them where I think seems best. I don’t see that anywhere in the documentation. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, the shortcodes are being added to the documentation as we speak but normally you can go in any page and in Visual composer you can see all the available shortcodes as elements there and play with them. After that you can see the generated code in the Classic editor.

Indeed social profile shortcode is not there: [kleo_social_icons]
    it gets the icons you added in theme options

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

littleditty
    Participant

Abe,

Thank you for responding. I see I can add the social icons with the shortcode you sent me, but it looks horrendous when I pop the code in. I go to Theme Options, General settings, and then I put in [kleo_social_icons] in the footer text area. How can I customize this? Right now it shows up in a vertical list, when I would like it to be horizontal and centered under the footer text.

Thank you for your time.

littleditty
    Participant

Abe,

Ps. I did figure out I can insert that short-code into one of the footer widgets and it is looking much better.

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Social Media Widget’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?