This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by metalmick.

• Author
     metalmick
    Participant

For some reason I cannot change the avatar option from Mystery Man to anything else. I wanted to try other options but even when I save it selected to a different option all my test users still show Mystery Man! Any ideas?

Abe
    Keymaster

You can change the default Mistery Man from WP admin – Settings – Reading. Try to clear browser cache or site cache if you are using a plugin for cache. Also you can try and search for a plugin that allows you to specify your own custom image as default avatar

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

metalmick
    Participant

I have tried a plugin for adding my own user, once again it allowed me to select the new avatar but Mystery Man won’t budge! When I go to admin page the alternative gravatar is selected… but mystery man is showing instead.
    I now have a plugin that allows me upload many avatar options on the profile page. This is working fine except for the profile page itself where Mystey Man still appears even though everywhere else on the site the users ‘new’ preferred option appears. Very strange.
    I have installed Quick Cache this morning and hit the clear cache button and cleared my browsers cache…. still Mystery Man wont budge. I have also disabled all my added plugins and that didn’t work.

metalmick
    Participant

However, if I upload a photo option it does then change the large avatar (Mystery Man) on the profile page to the photo.

metalmick
    Participant

Ok, fixed it. The Avatar Suggestions plugin had required extra code which was causing the problem. I removed it and all working fine now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stuck on Mystery Man Avatar!’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?