This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by macamacaron.

• Author
     NT
    Participant

Hi, I have a few issues which I need your help on.

1) Can profile fields like ‘My Summary’ ‘Looking for’ be filled in at registration process, rather than after the account has been created?

2) I have put custom CSS on the main search box on the homepage, but I am having trouble with changing the very light blue highlight box on the drop down when it rolls over ‘man’ ‘women’ for example. (attached)

3) When users login can they automatically be redirected to the members page rather than the homepage?

4) Can I de-activate the ‘Activity’ on the profile pages?

5) On the profile pages, ‘Add Friend’ ‘Public Message’ Private Message’, I want to style these buttons independently. At the moment if I change the colours, it also changes the field colours to the right of the buttons. Would like to style these 3 buttons as individuals. (attached)

Please can you answer these questions.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

Hello,

1. this functionality is not available in this moment but we are going to add it in a next update of the theme.

2. send me link to your website

3. take a look at this:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/redirect-user-to-their-profile-after-login

4. take a look here:

http://buddypress.org/support/topic/remove-the-activity-tab-from-the-buddypress-profile-page/

and here

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/disable-profile-tab-below-profile-image

5. Please explain how you want to style the buttons and I will provide you the code

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     NT
    Participant

Hi Catalin,

Thank you for the response.. new points below..

1) I didnt install the child theme at the start and have done lots of work. If I install the child theme at this point and activate it, will I lose everything? What’s the best way forward? I have customised everything from profile fields, custom css, forms, content etc

2) We have a protected password on the site, so cant give access on here, is there a way I can message you to give you access?

3) The buttons, I want something like the attached so the transparency box is a solid colour and to be able to change the text colour.

4) Redirect, thanks but that re-directs to the users profile, can I have the code to re-direct to the members page instead?

5) Is there the option to search by radius of someones location?

Regards

Attachments:
     NT
    Participant

In addition to my reply above, I should point out, that I havn’t edited any of the php files, all css customisations I have done are in the ‘quick css’ box in styling options. I dont want to lose all the profile fields I’ve set up in users. Would I have to reapply ALL general settings, layout settings, styling options, homepage, buddypress..etc etc if I installed and activated the child theme?

Thanks

NT
    Participant

Hi, as you havn’t responded yet, UPDATE, I installed the child theme and thats ok now.

Can you answer questions 2-5 from my SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 AT 23:45 post above.

An additional question below

6) Default values dont seem to work in the user profile fields . Unless someone selects the value in front end, only then it will appear in the profile tabs next to the profile image. I need to be able to have default values set so the tabs show up with all the profile fields I’ve created.

Can you help?

Catalin

Hello,

you can send me access credentials to your site by replying here as private… in this way only you and me can see this. let me see your site and I will give you solutions for 2-6 questions… sorry for late reply.

or you can send me access at catalin@seventhqueen.com

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     NT
    Participant

Hi Catalin,

Did you receive my emails? I am yet to receive a response.

Thanks

NT
    Participant

Hi Catalin,

Just emailed you with access details and the issues we are still yet to resolve, I hope we can get this sorted as soon as possible and problems please let me know, I really appreciate your help, thank you.

Kind regards

Catalin

please resend the email… I was asking this in another post of yours.

NT
    Participant

Catalin,

I don’t understand what’s going on here. A week has gone by and these points are still unresolved. I have sent numerous emails to your personal email address. Please ignore the other thread.

The following is what I need resolved urgently please, no access to our site is required whatsoever.

3) Reasons to Join page (from the sweetdate demo), the 3 images in the circle, I don’t want these to open in a lightbox, I want them just static images, NOT a link.
    Reference: Exactly the same ‘Reasons to Join’ page as your demo (screenshot attached for reference)

4) I have put an image in the header which doesn’t work well on mobile. Is there code which tells a mobile device not to load the header image?

5) Where can I change this text…
    “Your avatar will be used on your profile and throughout the site. If there is a Gravatar associated with your account email we will use that, or you can upload an image from your computer.”

Please can I have a response before the weekend.

Kind regards.

Attachments:
     Catalin

I answered this in another post of yours…

macamacaron
    Participant

Hello NT,

Did you find any solution for redirecting to all-members page ? I asked the same question but got no response from Catalin.

Many thanks ^^
    Francis

Catalin

@macamacaron: I answered this on another post of yours… Peters login redirect plugin is the tool that can help you redirect users after login to a certain page

macamacaron
    Participant

@catalin, thanks for your answer.
    I still need to resolve the problem of 44 years old of all my members by the way. URGENT !!

Thanks.

Catalin

this week you will be able to download the update with the fix. 10x

macamacaron
    Participant

@catalin

Thanks ! Does this mean the source of problem is from the theme ? Not from Buddypress ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?