This topic has 21 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     veggist
    Participant

Hi! Got some changes I could need some assistance with:

1: In the object-nav, I tried to chance the item name “Profile” to “Rediger profil” in the themes lang.file (wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages/nb_NO.po), but the change did not accur. What lang file controls the object-nav items?

2: On the homepage (http://veggistreff.com), I removed the woman online and men online shortcodes, leaving the members total and members online. [kleo_one]

[kleo_status_icon type=”total” subtitle=”Medlemsantall”] [kleo_status_icon type=”members_online” subtitle=”Medlemmer online”]
    [/kleo_one]
    Now they are to the far left and right, and I would like to center the two. How can I achieve that?

3: In the members activity feed (http://veggistreff.com/aktivitet/), I see that when people become friends, it says “kesis og s er nå venner”, translated from norwegian “kesis and s is now friends” I have translated buddypress string from %1$s and %2$s are now friends to “%1$ s og %2$ s er nå venner” and uploaded it to wp-content/languages/buddypress-nb_NO.po but it still comes out with “s” instead of the members name. What can I do to get the members name to show?

3: In the registrationform (http://veggistreff.com/register/ ) I would like to have a email confirmation box,thus they have to repeat their email. How can this be done?

4: In a members “timeline” you can comment and make favorite. Is it possible to implement a “like” button?

Laura

Hello, for point 1, use a translation plugin like Loco Translate, to trasnlate buddypress nav names
    2. Please use this CSS inside QUICK CSS of your Styling Settings

COPY CODE

.status.three.columns.mobile-one {
      float: left !important;
      margin-left: 150px;
    }

3. The first s is separated from the %1$ , needs to be %1$s
    4. Add a confirm email in Users > Profile fields and add a field with the name Confirm Email, then save it. Now go to sweetdate > Buddypress and check your new field for main form.
    5. There are a lot of plugins for that, maybe try https://wordpress.org/plugins/likebtn-like-button/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

veggist
    Participant

Hello Laura, and thanks for great help!
    All but issue 1 is taken care off. I really don´t like the idea of installing another translating plugin after having som much trouble with the Codestyling Localization plugin. I have tried poedit, but tha change didn´t accur…?

Laura

Hello, Codestyling localization doesnt support Buddypress anymore, but Loco Translate is very easy to use and fast to translate with 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

veggist
    Participant

Ok, I have tried the Loco translation now, and there I see in the buddypress-nb_NO.po (see att. img) that “Profile” is already translated to “Redigere Profil” in the member profile main navigation, as I did in poedit. Acutally, I`ve change all instances of “Profile” to “Rediger Profil” But still the item-nav shows “Profil”?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hmm, do you have custom functions in bp-custom.php in plugins folder?
    If you dont know, please share ftp credentials 🙂

veggist
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, the translations are working fine but only the Profil is not changing? Are you translaiting child theme or main theme?

veggist
    Participant

Thats correct
    Well, initially I placed the translation in the child theme, but since it did not change, I put it both places

Laura

Hello, fixed in bp-custom.php with

COPY CODE

function mb_profile_menu_tabs(){
    global $bp;
    $bp->bp_nav['profile']['name'] = 'Rediger Profil';
    }
    add_action('bp_setup_nav', 'mb_profile_menu_tabs', 201);

veggist
    Participant

Thats awsome @Laura, thank you 🙂

veggist
    Participant

Hi again!
    After adding a “confirm email field”, it´s started to show up in the profile page (see image) and that was not the intention. How can this be hidden from the profil? We don´t want to spread our users private email adresses

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please add this to quick css or style.css

COPY CODE

dd.bp-field-value.bp-field-id-1121 {
      display: none;
    }

veggist
    Participant

Sweet, that worked fine
    Much appreciated, @Laura 🙂

veggist
    Participant

I just discovered that hiding the “confirm email field”, from the profile page made the rows and colomns mismatch. Now that the right colomn is missing a field, they dont mact up with the info in the left colomn. Please see att. image

Also, I would lik that every profile show off what membership level they are, how can I achieve that?

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, mhm so, do you mean that the tab answer for “Land” goes up or dissappears?
    For membership to show, add this to functions.php

COPY CODE

function kleo_membership_info()
    {
      global $membership_levels,$current_user;
      if (! $membership_levels) {
        return;
      }

if (isset($current_user->membership_level) && $current_user->membership_level->ID)
        {
          echo '<a><span class="label radius pmpro_label">'.$current_user->membership_level->name.'</span></a>';
        }
        else
        {
          echo '<a><span class="label radius pmpro_label">'.__("Upgrade account",'kleo_framework').'</span></a>';
        }
    }

veggist
    Participant

Now memberships shows, great 🙂

The tab answer for “Land” goes up, yes. The left tab “Bekreft din e-postadresse” (confirm your email) was never really ment to show up in the profile tabs, I just needed a confirm email tab in the sign-up prosess so poeople make sure they use the right email adress

Laura

Hello, hmm you could delete the css to hide it and go to Users > Profile fields and set the confirm email field as private and prevent users from showing it, so others cant see it

veggist
    Participant

Ok, I removed the css (dd.bp-field-value.bp-field-id-1121 { display: none; } )
    And set the confirm email filed as “only me” in visibility (see att. iamge), but I still see the confirmed email adress on the profile of others

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please check out http://flweb.it/2010/05/add-confirm-email-field-in-buddypress-signup-page/

veggist
    Participant

Ok, thanks @Laura, this fiex the problem 🙂

Laura

Glad it worked!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?