This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

Boblebad
    Participant

I’m trying to get sidebars working, but when using the settings under Appearance, and then choosing the sidebar on the page, it does not show up on the Blog page (static).

I have chosen the layout with sidebar, but that gives me sidebars on all pages, and i don’t want that.

I need sidebars on Blog pages and forums/groups, and maybe some other info pages.

All the best
    Carsten

Abe
    Keymaster

The blog page takes the Default main sidebar of the site. This setting works for normal pages and not for pages like Blog, Buddypress related, bbPress, etc

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

For bbPress see https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-wp-tweaks/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Boblebad
    Participant

Thanks @Abe

I’ll have a look at it 🙂

ianll
    Participant

@abe this plugin you suggested seems like it’s not a great option, I’m wondering if you might have any other suggestions?

I’d like to suggest that the sidebar selector on the edit page not be displayed on the pages in which it is not possible to use it on.

Thanks for your great work…

Abe
    Keymaster

thanks for the suggestion @ianll but that plugin should work for bbpress only.

---

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?