This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     maelga
    Participant

Hi,

My users are reporting that the side menu does not expand on mobile and afe unable to access the right page as a result.

I’m using mega menu.
    I’ve tested with Chrome and Firefox and the result is the same, so I don’t think it is browser related.
    In fact, the menu does expand only when pressing the small + at the right, which is hardly accessible.
    Pressing the menu title (what most mobile users do) reacts like a normal hyperlink (change color) but nothing happens, the menu does not expand.

Do you guys have a fix for this?
    My users believe the site does not work on mobile, so it’s a very serious issue.

Laura

Hello, can you share a link to your website ?:)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

maelga
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     maelga
    Participant

Laura,

I have just seen that it’s actually the same behaviour on KLEO demo website, which also uses mega menu.

There’s really an important need for improvement here to make KLEO user friendly in mobile.

It doesn’t seem so complicated, so I hope you can quickly come up with a fix for this 🙂

Laura

Hello, i cant see your site. Well it actually works pretty well, but if you want to make it bigger ( the area to click ) i can do it with css 🙂 But please share admin credentials if possible. Thanks!

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

maelga
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i dont see any side menu in your website

maelga
    Participant

Hi Laura,

The side menu shows only on mobile/tablet.
    Just reduce your desktop window to simulate a smaller screen and then click on the menu icon on the top right corner.

Once the menu shows up, you’ll notice that Menu Item 2 does not expand when clicking on the menu title, but only when clicking the + sign, which is super user unfriendly.

I hope your are to apply the expand/collapse behaviour to the menu title too.

Let me know if it’s unclear.
    Thanks again

Laura

Hello, please add this to style.css

COPY CODE

.widget_nav_menu .parent>a .caret:after {
        width: 120px;
        padding-left: 90px;
    }

This should make the clickable to spand area bigger

maelga
    Participant

Thanks Laura.

maelga
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I re-open this thread to add the following questions for the same side menu:

1. How can I have only 1 menu item to show expanded at a time? (I guess it’s a jquery to modify)
    If I first click Menu Item 1 and then Menu Item 2, both are expanded. I would like Menu Item 1 to collapse back automatically when Menu Item 2 expands.

2. I would like to add a logo at the very top of the side menu (next to the div.offcanvas-title).
    What is the file to edit?

Site and SFTP remain the same as above.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Hello, that requires some time and development and right now its not possible, i would suggest to hire a developer to do it for you 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?