This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     maelga
    Participant

Hi,

On mobiles, the member profile nav does not show any tab besides the =+ toggle.
    There’s a lot of space though to display at least 1 or even 2 tabs.
    It seems the dynamic settings “cut off” if a minimum of 3 tabs cannot be show.
    How can I set this to show at least the 1st tab?

Thank you

sharmstr

There is no number variable you can set for the amount of icons to show. Its all magically calculated by what can fit. There is 20px padding on both sides of each icon. So you can try to reduce that to show more icons.

Put this in your quick css and adjust 20px as necessary (i.e. try 5px)

COPY CODE

#buddypress div#item-nav ul li a {
      padding: 15px 20px;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

maelga
    Participant

Thanks Sharmstr but that won’t do the trick.

I’ve been playing with my browser’s width to trigger the responsive mode.
    The breaking point is at 480px, whatever padding or margin.
    This is where the switch to responsive happens, making the profile nav disappear to show only the =+

Other responsive “effects” also happen at 480px, so I believe this a Bootstrap default setting.
    I need to override this for the profile nav… and this is where I need your help 🙂

Do you know how to disable Bootstrap from kicking in for the profile nav only?

sharmstr

No I dont. This jquery script makes the magic happen http://www.eyecon.ro/bootstrap-tabdrop/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?