This topic has 22 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     nemusic
    Participant

Hi, when i try to update the “social info” fields it won’t save and stays stuck on “saved changes” timer and wont update.

Theme options > Social info > Your twitter link or facebook link etc..

I have attached a screenshot to see what the problem is. I don’t understand why it wont let me change the fields.

THANKS PAUL

sharmstr

Put this in your child theme’s functions.php file. Then refresh your options page, make your changes and try saving.

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'kleo_theme_options_ajax', '__return_false' );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nemusic
    Participant

when you say “child theme” why is there two different themes? Im currently using the Kleo theme at the moment and i don’t understand why there’s two versions?

Screen shot attached. Thank you for getting back to me

Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

The child theme is used to override the parent theme so any changes wont be overwritten during upgrades. Read all about it here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

You may want to read this too: http://sharmstr.com/saving-importing-and-exporting-kleo-settings/

nemusic
    Participant

Ok i now kind of understand the child theme situation but the innitial problem is still happening.

“Hi, when i try to update the “social info” fields it won’t save and stays stuck on “saved changes” timer and wont update.

Theme options > Social info > Your twitter link or facebook link etc..

I have attached a screenshot to see what the problem is. I don’t understand why it wont let me change the fields.

Can we get this fixed?

Thanks
    Paul

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Did you enable the child theme and put the code I gave you in the functions.php file?

nemusic
    Participant

And to clarify, do i go website active with kleo or kleo child?

sharmstr

If you’re going to make changes, you need to enable the Kleo Child theme and leave it that way. All changes go in the kleo-child directory.

nemusic
    Participant

Sorry, clash of communication here. How would i access this functions.php file?

sharmstr

ftp or your cpanel

nemusic
    Participant

So for example; I’m now running my “kleo child” website and there’s an update!

Do I update the child theme then copy the import/export data from the kleo theme??

sharmstr

Updates apply to the parent theme, not the child theme. You dont change themes to update. Just update. This is not specific to Kleo. This is specific to WP. There is s a wealth of information on setting up, using and administrating WP. You should read up on it if you plan on administrating a site. It will save you a ton of headaches if you understand the platform.

sharmstr

Were you able to add the code I gave you? Did it solve the saving issue?

nemusic
    Participant

do I add the code In the header?

add_filter( ‘kleo_theme_options_ajax’, ‘__return_false’ );

nemusic
    Participant

I added the code in functions.php and it still doesn’t work?

screenshot attached

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Looks like you put it in /kleo/functions.php. Enable the child theme and put it in /kleo-child/functions.php. If that doesnt work, disable all plugins and try saving again. If that works, enable each plugin one-by-one until it doesnt work again. If it doesnt work, respond privately with admin credentials.

nemusic
    Participant

No it still doesnt work after trying all the above.

Should i send you private message with admin login details?

sharmstr

Respond privately with admin credentials.

nemusic
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

If you have Disable the visual editor when editing enabled in your profile, it will cause a jquery error in Theme Options. I’ve disabled that option in your profile and you can save theme options now.

https://github.com/reduxframework/redux-framework/issues/2677

nemusic
    Participant

Fantastic, all working fine now 🙂

Thank you very much for your help and advice

Thanks again
    Paul

sharmstr

I had to google that solution. LOL 🙂

Anyhow, I just tested on Kleo 4.0 and it appears to be fixed. You can try enabling it again after Kleo 4.0 is released.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?