This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     tonyw
    Participant

I’ve got a private members site for a software user group which has the following features:
    private content needs protecting
    membership is free
    only certain email domains allowed automatically

I’ve used the restrict signup by email domain plugin: here

I’ve tried various solutions:
    1) PMPro
    I thought this was great but then realised that you could still create membership and bypass the Buddypress registration page completely which is where the email restriction sits

2) Buddypress members only
    doesn’t redirect to registration page when visitor tries to access Buddypress pages such as “members”, “groups”, etc

3) s2member
    Does exaclty what’s needed BUT I’m having exactly the same problem as described here of non admins being forced to refresh when using the Ajax login

Would appreciate some help with making one of these options work….ideally the Paid Membership Pro or s2members

Thanks

Laura

Hello, as Kamal said, this is a known issue in s2members plugin, could you explain a bit more what do you want? Maybe we can find a way using pmpro

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

tonyw
    Participant

Thanks for responding Laura. So I have a free members site for a software user group which needs to be made private but which shows automatic registration for all people from certain email domains.. There are potentially around 200,000 users so I don’t to have to activate each one manually, only those whose email doesn’t correspond to an appropriate domain.

I want to be able to protect Buddypress and bbpress content but allow the public to see group and member names as well as get a sense of the activity going on whilst not setting the details.

I also have a number of other elements including sensei for eLearning (some courses may end up being paid but I suspect mainly free) plus a requirement for sharing downloads, a business directory and event booking.

Cornel was supposed to start working with me on Thursday around some internet explorer 8 compatibility but I’ve not heard any update on that.

Coming back to the membership the crucial thing is for the membership to align with the email domain requirements.

Laura

Hello, i see, well this seems a bit complicated, i think the best would be to hire a developer to do this for you, right now i cant offer big modifications as we are really busy

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?