This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by charitablehumans.

• Author
     charitablehumans
    Participant

I would like to remove the following Kleo post types:

1. Clients
    2. Testimonials
    3. Portfolio

I am using a few custom post types, using the Types plugin, but when posting to these custom post types, there is a large blank space above the content on the front end. I figured out that this space is essentially for displaying a featured image. The custom post types I am using do not need a featured image, and the gap of white space where the featured image is supposed to be obviously doesn’t look right.

There must be a simple way to eliminate the blank space, but I’m not a coder so I have no idea what I need to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

sharmstr

I recall @abe saying that they will be adding a way to turn off those cpts. I cant find the topic where he said that, so maybe it was in an email to me.

In the meantime, I’ve hidden the menu items in the backend. Are you only using the Types plugin or did you purchase the entire toolset that includes Access? I’m using Access to hide those items in the backend menu, but you can also do it via a function http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/remove_menu_page or a plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

Like you I wanted to control how my cpt was displayed. You can do that by copying /kleo/single.php to your child theme and name it /kleo-child/single-yourcptname.php.

Once you’ve done that change line 34 from

COPY CODE

<?php get_template_part( 'content', get_post_format() ); ?>

to

COPY CODE

<?php get_template_part( 'content'); ?>

Let me know if that works for you.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Did this solution work for you? Please let me know so we can close this issue.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

charitablehumans
    Participant

I’ve been sick, so I haven’t been able to apply the recommendations yet. I have, however, purchased & installed the suggested plugin Admin Menu Editor and that seems to be working, but I’d still love having the option to delete these post types.

I’ll try to test the code modifications in the next few days when I’m feeling a little better.

charitablehumans
    Participant

Okay, finally got around to testing this out, but I’m still not able to remove the spacing where the featured image is supposed to show. I’m using Types for my custom post types. Perhaps I’m not using the right CPT name.

Like you I wanted to control how my cpt was displayed. You can do that by copying /kleo/single.php to your child theme and name it /kleo-child/single-yourcptname.php.

With Types, there are 3 possible CPT names (list in order they appear on CPT page):

• Custom post type name plural
    • Custom post type name singular
    • slug

Here are the values I am using for each of above three fields:

• Reviews
    • Review
    • review

I have also copied the kleo/single.php file over to my child-theme. I have tried naming this file in various ways, but nothing has worked. Here are the file names I’ve tried:

• single-Reviews.php
    • single-reviews.php
    • single-Review.php
    • single-review.php

Am I misunderstanding something by any chance?

sharmstr

should be your slug name

Install this plugin. It will print out which file its using at the bottom of the page. https://wordpress.org/plugins/reveal-template/

sharmstr

Also, did you actually change anything in singles-reviews.php? Or did you just copy the file over?

charitablehumans
    Participant

I changes the section of code as you instructed. I also tried using the slug property of the custom post type, but nothing.

sharmstr

did you install reveal template plugin? Did you verify that its using your custom single-review.php file?

charitablehumans
    Participant

Still working on this. I’ve contacted the developer for the CPT plugin I’m using to see if there is a conflict or naming issue that might be causing the problems. Once I hear back from them, I’ll update the post here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?