This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     vcarlton
    Participant

Greetings,
    I have a “4U” heart picture still showing on the top left of the main menu on my home page (from sweetdate) and can’t seem to find where it is for me to remove it….I ended up going to Sweetdate > general settings > logo and uploaded a “blank” picture to cover it so it won’t show. My site http://craftbeermingles.com/
    Where can I go to remove this heart logo?
    Thanks! Cheers, V.

Anchora
    Participant

nothing to see

greetz from bavarian craft! 😀

Abe
    Keymaster

It is not visible. Try deleting your browser cache.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

vcarlton
    Participant

Like I said, I ended up uploading a “blank” picture over it, so it won’t show, that’s why you can’t see…….I didn’t want to leave the heart showing, but I guess I’ll so you can see what what I mean….please check out the page again and me know at your earliest convenience….http://craftbeermingles.com/

Cheers, V.

vcarlton
    Participant

Hi there…I deleted the browser cache and it didn’t work, the 4U heart is still showing on the main page….please advise what else I should do in order to remove it. craftbeermingles.com
    Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I see what you mean. That is the logo and it is supposed to exist but put a space character inside the logo path in Sweetdate > general settings > logo

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

vcarlton
    Participant

Hi…if I do that, it puts a blank rectangular box on the page, my work around works best by uploading a jpeg file with a white blank background…..

But then, even with your work around, that area is a dead space on the site and my menu is sort of compressed from the middle to the right hand side….is there a way to use that space?

Abe
    Keymaster

I see what you want to achieve. In that case please edit sweetdate/header.php
    – replace “eight columns” with “twelve columns” at line 194
    – remove the logo starting with

COPY CODE

<!-- Logo -->

until

COPY CODE

<!--end logo-->

---

vcarlton
    Participant

– cool, thanks! the columns worked great!
    – how do I add text to the area where the logo was?

Abe
    Keymaster

replace what you have removed with text

---

vcarlton
    Participant

I didn’t remove anything, I added the “end” before logo, as per your instructions…..what you see on the site now is a picture with the writing that I uploaded via Sweetdate > general settings.

If I have to type it up in the php file, I don’t know where and which codes to add.

Please advise. Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

In header.php in the logo section where you will see h1 id=”logo”, remove the line with the anchor
    a href=”…
    and put your text

---

nicki12117
    Participant

Hi, I would also like to do the same as above, where do i find the place to edit sweetdate/header.php?

Thanks,

I see what you want to achieve. In that case please edit sweetdate/header.php
    – replace “eight columns” with “twelve columns” at line 194
    – remove the logo starting with

<!– Logo –>
    until

PHP

<!–end logo–>

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi you find it on your server, connecting by FTP in wp-content/themes/sweetdate/header.php

---

snson1
    Participant

How can you replace the heart next to “friendship” and the two arrows?

Abe
    Keymaster

Those icons are changed by CSS by adding a different fontawesome code to be used.
    Example:

COPY CODE

#friends-my-friends:before {
        content: "\f005";
    }
    #requests:before {
        content: "\f00b";
    }

http://fontawesome.io/3.2.1/cheatsheet/

---

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?