This topic has 20 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by christiankramer.

• Author

Tagged: ,

christiankramer
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to send a test message via the quick contact form. But the popup shows an error notification.
    In settings I entered a valid mail address.

Are there another settings?

Regards,
    Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

To clarify, what settings are you referring to? It uses the email address in Theme Options > Layout settings > TO email, not the one in WP Admin > Settings > General > Email Address.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

christiankramer
    Participant

I refer to the TO email setting in theme options > layout settings.

sharmstr

Please respond privately with a link and credentials

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

christiankramer
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I need a link

christiankramer
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Might be a plugin conflict, specifically MailPoet. Try disabling all plugins.

In the future, it would be helpful if you gave us full admin rights when we ask for access 🙂

Also, in looking at your configuration, you’ll want to change your WordPress memory limit from 64M to at least 128M.

christiankramer
    Participant

Sorry for the only-admin ;-). I set your user account to superadmin.
    I deactivated all plugins one by one until no one was activ: No success.

Any other hint?

sharmstr

I tested a few other things and can’t figure out why its not working. I’ve assigned this topic to one of the developers who would no more about this.

In the meantime, the form does use wp_mail. Are other emailing functions working on the site? I added a new user with my email address and never received a confirmation email. Did you receive any notification about the new user?

christiankramer
    Participant

No, no notification… Hm…

sharmstr

That might be the issue.

Try this. Enable debugging in wp-config.php and make sure you set display to true. Then try the form again and see if any errors are displayed, besides the default one we’ve been seeing.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late intervention. That could be also caused by a server problem related to sending emails.. Try to install a plugin for sending email by SMTP if your hosting has problems

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Sorry @abe. Meant to take you off this thread after we determined it was a mail sending issue.

christiankramer
    Participant

I changed the debug to true, but there is only the known error message. The debugging mode is still active, so you can try it by yourself.

sharmstr

I dont need to try it. Have you done what abe has suggested?

christiankramer
    Participant

Hey guys,

I solved it.

@abe
    : This was a very good hint to use a smtp plugin. I installed WP Mail SMTP and it works now.

Thanks a lot.
    CK

Abracadabra
    Participant

HI Christian,
    which smtp provider are you using? im having issues with godaddy emails not going through to MSN and need to use smtp as well. Mandrill seems to be cheap not sure on reliability however.

christiankramer
    Participant

I have a smal German provider in Hamburg: Webgo24 – http://www.webgo24.de

Abracadabra
    Participant

so you use them for hosting and smtp services?
    i thought usually its a third party like mandrill, sendgrid or one of those.

christiankramer
    Participant

Correctly. I use it for both.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?