This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: 

ThemeVal
    Participant

Hi, my buddypress site built on KLEO has only 70 members and very little media, but it is loading REALLY slow. I have a great server host “a business” server package, not a starter package. I spoke with my server host and they said that my site is using A LOT of server resources.

They recommended using something called OptizePress and a Cache plugin. I don’t understand too much about this stuff. Is there a caching program that you can recommend? And, will OptimizePress work OK with your theme? Is there anything else I can do to increase load time? Those google fonts aren’t all loading are they? I am only using one font.

Any other thoughts on how to increase load time? For instance, when you click the “Add Friend” button, the site takes almost a minute until it processes the request. That is a LONG time and I’m sure my members are clicking it over and over trying to figure out why it’s not working.

Ok, thanks!

sharmstr

I havent fully ‘tuned’ mine yet, but I’m having great results with W3 Total Cache. The plugin is free, but you can pay them to tune your site for you. I will tell you now, you can’t just “turn on” caching with BuddyPress. Plan on spending at least a day or two tuning it (what to cache/ what not, order in which to load jQuery, etc), if you’re going to do it yourself. I cant find it at the moment, but found an old post on some random website that walked you through each setting for a BuddyPress site that was still relevent. I’ll try to find it tomorrow.

If your host is running APC, ask them about allocating more memory to it. I saw an instant speed difference when I tweaked mine.

Also, do a search here for caching. Abe posted their settings for the caching plugin they use.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi ThemeVal, a minute to load the site isn’t normal since it should be a matter of seconds. You can install a plugin for cache and it will help you but I think you should do additional tests with that hosting server

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

jdtoppin
    Participant

I’d be interested to know what web server people are using.

I’m using Nginx and the site is loading extremely fast.

ThemeVal
    Participant

My host server is InMotionHosting. The site itself is loading pretty quickly. It is the effects, such as the animation of the members appearing as you scroll down the member’s page or the activity page, for instance that appear rather slowly. And, there is a big hesitation when you click a button — to add a friend or to post a comment.

Will these things be helped with a cache program?

Any documentation for how to set it up for Buddy Press?

What is APC? Do you think my host would be open to the idea of allocating more memory to it?

Thanks for all your help!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, That should not be related to the hosting if the page already loaded and should be related to your computer,browser

About the big hesitation when you click a button — to add a friend or to post a comment, this could be related to the server but can’t tell why it all loads quickly and that don’t

We do not have a document for setting up BUddypress with caching plugins. Try WP Super Cache since it is a good plugin and easy to setup
    More on APC here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.apc.php

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

willianlima83
    Participant

Oh man… This plugin WP Super Cache works perfectly with this theme.
    Oh pages loads very fast after install the plugin.. I super recommend..

willianlima83
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I see lots of cometchat files in red

---

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?