This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

favvo73
    Participant

I have some questions. This is for an company.

1. First can i make my own custom fields in searchform and in the registrationform (not the little box) but i don’t know how to do it?

2. How to set so not members can see a certain page that is only for members, I can not find that function or how it works?

3. How can I custom pregenerated emails? Can’t find it?

4. Also when you have forgotten your password im being redericted to my wp-login page, so when the user created a new password and logged in they came in to WordPress? I want the user to get back on the original site. How to do it?

5. How does the paymentfunction work? Because I don’t want the users to activate their account by mail, instead I want them to after registration (lager site) when they press complete registration is coming to the payment option instead? How to get it to work?

Mike

Laura

Hello, for each number:
    1- Yes, for registration please go to Users > Profile fields and add the fields you want in Base group ( those will appear in registration )

For the search form, you can add fields to base or to any other group, then go to Sweetdate > Buddypress and check the ones you want to appear in main form and in advanced form (the one in members directory )

2- First create a membership level, if the page you want to restrict is part of buddypress, go to Sweetdate > Memberships and choose what level CANT see/do those options. If its for a normal page, go to Pages, edit your page, find in the sidebar Restriction and select the level.

3- You will need a plugin for that, there are many, but maybe try with https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-email-template/ or https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-better-emails/

4- Reset password is a function from wordpress that why it redirects there, there should be a button below the form that say “return to website” If you dont want them to see wordpress logo you can customize default look of wp-login with a brandable plugin, like Theme my login or maybe Ultimate Tweaks ( that come with other functions, paid )

5- Well right now this is not possible but you can just restrict all your pages, so they will see a message that they need to buy a membership and a link.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

favvo73
    Participant

Hello!

I have an another question. In the custom search form i want a field so i can search for every woman or every man in my members directory. But i dont know how to create that or wich field i should use? is there a way to fix this?

I tried with one called “i am” then it works but then i my search form it also says “i am” but i want to rename it to “i search for” instead? Is there a way to change the label to “i search for” but it search for “i am”. If i change the name im profile field (base), it also change the name to it in the registration form.

Mikael

Laura

Hello, youshould use 2 fields, I am a and Looking for. Do not change i am a title because users will have “i search for” in their profile and “I am a” field is the sex of each user. So if you change i am a to i search for, and for example a user put “i search for” : Women then the search will reutn people that IS SEARCHING for Women, wont return Women. Thats why you should use I am and Looking for field, because it will look for the opposite.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

favvo73
    Participant

Ok.

But I dont still what to use in the searchform (buddypress)? Wich fields? And how to connect so it search for ex Women that are registred on the site?

Laura

Hello, go to Sweetdate > Buddypress and you can check the fields you want to show in the search forms there.
    If you prefer you can share admin credentials so i can set it up for you

favvo73
    Participant

Hello!

I have solved the problem with the searchform. Now it works to do the search in I am – And im looking for. Thanks for your help.

favvo73
    Participant

Hello!

I have found one thing on the page. It’s not translated everywere? Even in the themesettings in WP. I have done a manually translation to Swedish and uploaded the Po and Mo files to Sweetdate – languages. But still in some places the text or buttons are in English. Why doesn’t it translate the whole page? The membership plugin also have problem to mix the languages. Also the Buddypress languagefile is also translated, and I get the same problem there? Is there a way to fix it or have I put it in the wrong folder?

Mike

Laura

Hello, if you use loco translate, make sure the name of the file created by Loco ( the .mo and the .po ) are the same name as the default language of the plugin, for example, bp-plugin-es_ES.po would be maybe a default language, but loco could take the full name of the plugin and create buddypress-plugin-es_ES.po , so that language file wouldnt apply, just find it in the folder, global or plugin languages folder and change it to match default.

Some other plugins related to buddypress or pmpro could override some text, so translate them too

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?