This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     thomasvanhaeren
    Participant

Hi,

I am writing you today because I would like to clarify something; I purchased your theme with the idea that I could actually customize the matching parameters (male-female) for Sweetdate. The idea behind my website would be to enable the matching between enterprises and people looking for jobs: essentially a job finding platform, but with the capabilities of matching of a social network; I thought that Sweetdate would be perfect; however, I do not know exactly what I am supposed to do to modify this matching script. Could you please tell me how I am supposed to proceed in order to accomplish the aforementioned request? I want to keep the male–female options, but I want the website to function as a search engine for jobs/firms and people looking for these jobs.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Thomas Vanhaeren

thomasvanhaeren
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, its very easy to setup, please follow these steps: (if you already imported profile fields at Sweetdate > Buddypress, if not, do so.)
    1- Create a new Gender field, at Users > Profile fields, add a new field, call it Gender or what you prefer, then use a dropdown type, and add Female / Male options, save.
    2- Go to Users > Profile fields and edit the field “I am a” and change the names of the options ( Delete female and add Freelancer) (male to Job Opportunity ) and at the field “Looking for a” do the same.

So you would have the same 2 options in both fields that used to have female an male.

3- Go to Sweetdate > Buddypress and at matching fields select i am a – looking for, for Sex field, do not select your new gender field, select i am a field.

When you have the options selected, included birthday etc… go to the following step.

4- At Sweetdate > Matching you will see all fields that would count at the matching circle, you can select starting percentage, i would leave it at 0, check to enable complementary matching so only job opportunities can match with freelancer and so.

You will need to edit your fields and add as many as you want ( at Users > Profile fields ) so you can check them at the matching section and assign a percentage

Let me know if you need more details 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

thomasvanhaeren
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for the answer. However, I can not get the site to work properly. I check the I am a person looking for companies but no companies show up whatsoever… even if I have some companies created.

Please enter on my website and do this for me, fix this issue so that matching would actually work.

Also note that icons do not work on some pages.. Like the search icon is missing, social icons and everything else.

You have admin data in my previous message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Thomas

Laura

Hello, about the icons, you should try deactivating other plugins and testing again.
    About the search, the problem is that you have different options at “I am” and “Looking for”
    So you should have “I am” – A Person / A Company and at “Looking for” – A Person / A Company
    The same options, right now at Looking for, you have ” persons” and “companies”

Also make sure you do have users with those fields selected.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?