This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     FD
    Participant

Hi,

We are having some trouble with drop down (profile menu) and profile tabs not working in chrome. Nothing happens when clicking on them. These issues does not occur when using other browsers.

Plugins, wp and themes are updated to the latest version.
    No new plugins or custom work has been added since it was working.

Any ideas?

Laura

Hello, can you share a link so i can check it out? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

FD
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, you have some errors in your site, could you try to disable some plugins and testing again?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

FD
    Participant

Hi,

We have tried to disable all of our plugins and enabled them one by one. The trouble seems to be with the rtMedia.

What kind of error did you find?
    Could you please specify the errors you found?

Thank you for your help so far.

FD
    Participant

Hi again,

It seems that the main problem is that the jQuery does not load like it should and therefore the site functions breaks. We need help to figure out what makes it break. It is just rtMedia or is it something else?

Laura

Hello, it may be rtmedia, may be custom functions not working properly, the server… Could you contact your hosting?

FD
    Participant

Hi,

The custom functions on the install is made by seventhqueen. There are no other custom functions. We have checked with your hosting company and there are no problems with the server or other server technical things.

I need someone from seventhqueen (@abe ??) to take a closer look at this since there seems to be problems with the theme and rtMedia not working together.

Thank you for helping us with this bug.

FD
    Participant

Hi again,

Attached is a screenshot of the errors that break the profile tabs and menus.
    Any ideas where to start looking or do you have any solution to it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Andrei

I see you use some minifying tool and as well a cdn, can you please try to deactivate your minify options and as well clear you cdn cache so you can feel the changes.

Minifying is the most common task that breaks javascripts.
    Let me know how it went.
    Cheers

FD
    Participant

Hi,

It´s correct that I´m using minifying tools and CDN, but for the minifying I have made some exceptions so the following JS files will never be minified:

wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/assets/js/*

https://maps.google.com/maps/api/js/*
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/scripts/*
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/scripts/plugins/jquery.inview.min.js
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/scripts/plugins/jquery.foundation.topbar.js
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/scripts/jquery.foundation.topbar.js
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/scriptsjquery.foundation.mediaQueryToggle.js
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/scripts/jquery.js
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/custom_buddypress/_inc/global.js
    wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/global.js
    wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js

The same rules is also made for these CSS files:

wp-content/themes/sweetdate/style.css
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/style.css
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/styles/font-awesome.min.css
    wp-content/themes/sweetdate/framework/options/css/font-awesome.min.css

I have cleared the CDN cache and disabled the minifying so then we just have to see if that will make a difference.

Andrei

Let us know how it went after deactivating minifying.

FD
    Participant

Hi,

I have now cleared the CDN cache and turn of minifying and the problem is still there. 🙁

Andrei

I see everything works fine now. Let me know if you still experience any issues.
    Cheers

FD
    Participant

We still got the problem. 🙁

Andrei

Can you please explain me more exactly, step by step, how can I replicate your issue ?

FD
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     FD
    Participant

Any news on this issue?

FD
    Participant

@andrei

Could you have a look at this issue?

Andrei

Hi @fjelldate, sorry for the late response.

I have given a closer look into your errors and the javascripts on your site are being broken because of some malfunction in the Banner Ads plugin that you’re using. Please see the following screenshot: ( http://seventhqueen.com/public-files/andrei/v2jwl-2015-10-22-18-26-07.png ).

This affects not only javascript added by the theme but probably as well it affects a lot of other plugin features that rely on javascript.

Firstly, to confirm the issue, please temporary deactivate the ads plugin to see if everything comes back to normal, and secondly in order to try and fix your issue you should try to add the plugin javascript resources to the minify exception list.

Please let me know if you still need any more assistance on this issue.

FD
    Participant

Hi @andrei,

Thank you for your answer. We have now deactivated and removed the banner ad system and cleared all our cache and CDN, but the problems are still present.

We have also (just to be sure) disabled the local W3C plugin to see if it had some kind of influence on the error, but it did not.

So after trying this things we still have the problems with the menu/profile tab and the status area not working like it should. 🙁

We still need some help to figure out what´s causing this problems.
    Thank you so much for helping us resolving this issue.

Andrei

Try to go in rtMedia settings and deactivate the masonry listing view option. Probably you still have some minifying options active which might brake something in rtMedia. ( http://seventhqueen.com/public-files/andrei/8qvrk-2015-10-26-15-05-36.png )

Cheers

FD
    Participant

Hi @andrei

It´s kind of embarrassing that I didn´t found this earlier, but thank you so much!!
    I did turn of the masonry listing view and suddenly all the problems disappeared.

Thank you again for all you help!

Andrei

I’m glad that we managed to get your site working.

Cheers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?