This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by maelga.

• Author
     maelga
    Participant

Hi,

I have upgraded from 3.0.6 to 3.0.9 and the menu icons previously set no longer appear on frontend and cannot be selected in backend.
    See the 2 screenshots below.

I have deactivated all plugins and child theme, to leave only WP4.3.1 and kleo 3.0.9 but the issue remains.
    I have also created a clone of my WP setup to revert back to 3.0.6 and everything works fine with 3.0.6.
    It seems to be a bug introduced by the later version of Kleo, possibly with this new fontello icon override feature (I’m just guessing).
    I have also tested with 3.0.8 and it is the same issue as with 3.0.9.

Below are the credentials of my WP setup for you to take a look at it.
    It is running WP4.3.1 and Kleo 3.0.6, with all plugins disabled and no child theme.
    Please try this: do upgrade to 3.0.9 and compare before/after (in appearance > menus) to see the issue in backend.

Looking forward to a fix to this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     maelga
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I can see the icon list fine. I added a smiley icon to your My Account menu item. Check it out.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

I just realized that your test site was on 3.0.6. Let me upgrade it. I’ll get back to you. Sorry :/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Actually, you need to upgrade it since you havent added your themeforest api. Let me know when its on 3.0.9

sharmstr

Did you purge your cdn after the upgrade? You’re using cloud based hosting so you’ll need to make sure all the cloud severs have the updated code.

maelga
    Participant

Not sure what purge you’re talking about.
    Just upgraded this clone site to 3.0.9. manually:
    -activated 2012 theme (to deactivate Kleo)
    -delete Kleo 3.0.6
    -uploaded and activated Kleo 3.0.9 through upload new theme

Do you see the issue now?

maelga
    Participant

On the original site, I upgraded through WP with themeforest api.
    Same result.

sharmstr

You have cloud servers in place that allow your site to load faster. It does this by caching copies of your files on multiple servers. If you dont clear/purge those files so the servers get the new files, you’ll run into issues like this.

The function that builds the icon list is part of k-elements. Can you enable debugging on the test site? Add this to wp-config.php

If this line exists

COPY CODE

define('WP_DEBUG', false); 

change it to

COPY CODE

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

If this line exists

COPY CODE

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

change it to

COPY CODE

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

If they dont exist, add them.

maelga
    Participant

ok, done.

sharmstr

@abe – Can you take a look at this. Icons for menu items are not being populated. Running Kleo 3.0.9 with K-elements 3.0.8. Enabled debug and no errors are being generated. No errors in console either. All plugin deactivated as well. Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. can you please update K elements with the one attached? Thanks

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     maelga
    Participant

@Abe, your version of k-element hasn’t changed anything.

I also upgraded to 3.0.10 and updated k-element one more time. The issue remains: no icon showing on menus.

I also noticed another issue that also relates to these fontello icons.
    Although I previously saved my custom Fontello icons to kleo-child/assets/font and /css, those were not showing on frontend after the update. All caches purged, but still not showing.

They only appeared again when I copied my existing fontello files from kleo-child/assets/font (and /css) to kleo/assets/font (and /css).
    Strange. It looks like the fontello overriding feature implemented since 3.0.8 does not work for me.

Does this ring some bells to you?

Abe
    Keymaster

Please update to the latest Kleo version 3.1 and that should be fixed.

Let me know how it works and sorry for the late reply

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

maelga
    Participant

Update with Kleo 3.1
    1. Fontello icons in child folder working fine now

2. Icons for menu items still not being populated (not showing in dropdown menu)
    I “manually” add them to the label <i class="icon-lock"></i> Login so it’s not much of an issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?