This topic has 31 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     hotloverspassion
    Participant

Hi,

I have one problem in my member’s directory. All members who have not filled the age in their profile, in members directory is their age automatically set for 46 instead of a blank space. I have deactivated all my plugins except buddypress and also tried to deactivate child theme to see if any of my changes could have caused it, but nothing. The problem is still there. Any idea why?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Laura

Hello, can you share admin credentials?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happyΒ to help you πŸ™‚

hotloverspassion
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, it is a weird issue… i cannot reproduce it but lets try something:
    Deactivate your plugins one by one and test it, if it still happens, it could be an issue with buddypress new version, we will release some fixes for that but it would be great to know if its not related to a third party plugin you have installed

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Hi,
    I have deactivated all of my plugins except buddypress and the problem remained. I also deactivated the child theme just to be certain, but still nothing…

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

hotloverspassion
    Participant

thanks πŸ™‚

Radu

Hi,

I think the issue it’s caused by the addon for geo my wp that you are using not from sweet theme, please notify the plugin author and also I will add this the bug list. We will investigate this and we will get back to you

Cheers
    R.

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Ok, thanks.
    I’ll get back to you once I hear from Geo my WP guys πŸ™‚

Radu

Ok then

Cheers
    R.

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Hi,
    GeoMy WP guy doesn’t think that his plugin is causing the problem. When I deactivated and activated all the plugins including GeoMyWP, the problem remained. The only think I can think of is BuddyPress plugin as I remember a post when somebody mentioned that all their users were showing age 44 and the post was about 2 years ago. This problem wouldn’t happen if I had the age in my primary group ( As probably all people have so they don’t actually happen to run into this problem ) but unfortunately I cannot have it in my primary ( base ) group due to the couple members.
    I am going to contact BuddyPress guys now and see. If you would think of anything else, let me know.
    Thanks

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Just having a silly thought…do you think that you can try this in Kleo theme and see if you run into the same problem? ( put age field into secondary group and do not fill it in and for age calculation use new buddypress date field ). I’m not sure if this would tell us something as I don’t really know how does Kleo theme work… what do you think? If the problem is only between SweetDate and buddypress, this could have prove it, couldn’t it?

Radu

Can you please provide FTP + Wp admin credentials in a private reply to can investigate further this ?

Cheers
    R.

hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Radu
     hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Radu

Unfortunately, it behaves the same, you are able to login ?

hotloverspassion
    Participant
     hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Finally was able to connect, I’ve increased the timeout limit, but that wasn’t a solution, it was needed to set connection on active mode

I need also wp-admin from your site, I’ve tried to login with some credentials provided by you in past and i get this : You have been locked out due to too many invalid login attempts.

Cheers
    R

hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Radu
     hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Fixed, this will be included also in next theme update

Cheers
    R.

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Amazing! You are a star Radu!!!
    Thanks a lot πŸ™‚

Radu

You’re welcome
    Have a nice day πŸ™‚
    Cheers
    R.

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Radu, can you please tell me what you changed? What code and file? When I applied one of my custom code in functions.php, I have the same issue and don’t know what to change to get rid of the number 46.
    Thanks a lot!
    Really appreciate your help πŸ™‚

Radu

Hi,

It’s about the get_member_age function

Cheers
    R.

hotloverspassion
    Participant

That’s brilliant! Thanks a lot!!!!!
    Will have to give you another great review for such an outstanding support πŸ™‚

Radu

You’re welcome

That’s so nice!! thank you !

Cheers
    R.

Prabanjani
    Participant

Hi, I am using the latest version of buddypress. Will the age updates automatically every year for the users. If yes okay and if not please give me the solution.

Thank you

Radu

Hi,

Rhe ages will be updated
    Cheers
    R.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?