This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by pauldyke.

• Author
     pauldyke
    Participant

Hi there,

I am finding that my avatar images are appearing blurry as groups and as members. I can see when I inspect element that the native image size is 50x50px and the css is setting it to be 86x86px. I have tried updating my bp-custom.php file as per the instructions on this post but to no effect.

Many thanks for your help

Paul

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look at this link:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-the-default-buddypress-avatar-sizes

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     pauldyke
    Participant

Hi Catalin

Thanks for the link. I tried the different methods mentioned here and thought nothing had changed. But I’ve just changed my avatar and a group avatar and they now appear correctly.

Do you have any advice about how I can regenerate all the avatar thumbnails? I can’t ask all my users to reload their photos. I don’t think that the plugin ‘Regenerate Thumbnails‘ works for BuddyPress. I don’t know about running scripts from the command line, so I can’t try the final post here.

Paul

Catalin

take a look at this:

https://gist.github.com/mbijon/8517635#file-regenerate-buddypress-thumbs-sh

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     pauldyke
    Participant

Hi Catalin

I believe this script just changes the format of the image from jpg to png. Updating the dimensions in bp-custom.php works for new uploads. A friend has kindly run a script using terminal access to regenerate the thumbnails and they’ll all looking better now.

Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘member and group avatar photos low quality’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?