This topic has 91 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ofcentral.

• Author
     RonP
    Participant

Match number. As I add sample users I am adding like wise answers to their profiles and nothing is happening with the match meter.

How do I look into its properties and adding new profiles fields to it.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    To change the fields that affects the matching system you need to override the default options.
    To change those fields you need to add a code to sweetdate-child/functions.php and modify it to match your needs like this:

COPY CODE

//change matching system
    add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_match');
    function kleo_my_match() {
    global $kleo_config;
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['starting_score'] = 1;
    //If we want to match by members sex. values: 0|1
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match'] = 1;
    //required for initial match. If the sex preference matches it will continue to the specified fields below
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'] = 'I am a';
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'] = 'Looking for a';
    //sex percentage
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_percentage'] = 49;
    //single value fields like select, textbox,radio
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['single_value'] = array (
        'Marital status' => 20,
        'Country' => 5,
    'City' => 5
    );
    //multiple values fields like multiple select or checkbox
    $kleo_config['matching_fields']['multiple_values'] = array (
        'Interests' => 10,
        'Looking for' => 10,
    );
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     RonP
    Participant

So I have changed my site for friends. Do I assume that I comment these lines out to remove
    //required for initial match. If the sex preference matches it will continue to the specified fields below
    //$kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'] = 'I am a';
    //$kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'] = 'Looking for a';
    //sex percentage
    //$kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_percentage'] = 49;

And I have these single value boxes in my profile fields Profession, Annual Income, Education, Political Views, Religion, Weight Type, Ethnicity Do I add them like so ?
    'Marital status' => 5,
    'Country' => 5,
    'City' => 5,
    'Profession' => 10,
    'Annual Income' => 10,
    'Education' => 10,
    'Political Views' =>5,
    'Religion' => 20,
    'Weight Type' => 5,
    'Ethnicity' => 15,
    );

And for checkbox items I use this, this way ?
    'Interests' => 10,
    'Looking for' => 10,
    'Smoking, Drinking & Drugs' => 10,
    'Second Language' => 20,
    );
    }

And this code is introduced to the functions.php file ? I didn’t find this code in there.
    Thank you

RonP
    Participant

I got it to not show any errors by adding it this way, but it isn’t working for me. Just like the hearts thing. Can’t get rid of them. Is this a cache issue? And where do you clear cache on this word press thing.

$kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘single_value’] = array (
    ‘Marital status’ => 20,
    ‘Country’ => 5,
    ‘City’ => 5,
    ‘Profession’ => 10,
    ‘Annual Income’ => 10,
    ‘Education’ => 10,
    ‘Political Views’ =>5,
    ‘Religion’ => 20,
    ‘Weight Type’ => 5,
    ‘Ethnicity’ => 15
    );
    $kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘multiple_values’] = array (
    ‘Interests’ => 10,
    ‘Looking for’ => 10,
    ‘Smoking, Drinking & Drugs’ => 10,
    ‘Second Language’ => 20
    );

RonP
    Participant

And considering the default profile fields that have been filled out aren’t working either. I have to ask is this working for anyone else ?

RonP
    Participant

I see you replied to a post like this and I will post it here with questions.

I have a friend site. Men look for men automatically and it would be inappropriate for the action to be shown.

The matching numbers still dont work.

Hi,
    For the search to work you need to enable matching field from Sweetdate -> Buddypress. You should match “I am a” and “Looking for”(your translated ones).

If you have translated you fields then you need to change the kleo_status_icon shortcodes from the homepage to match your translated ones:

[kleo_status_icon type=”Translated Man” image=”http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/apple-touch-icon.png” subtitle=”Man online”]

Change the name under the type attribute with your translated one

RonP
    Participant

I need s2member membership plugin to be added to the kleo config matching fields.

Free user level 0 works with matching, but levels 1 thru 4 do not.

I know you spent a lot of time on the integration of the other membership and I apologize for not working with it. But I have a deadline and unique requirements.

Anyone reading this. Sweetdate doesn’t have any problems with this plugin past the matching.
    Only changes that need to be made to a default instal of s2 is add this line to you welcome page login instead of creating a page /members/%%current_user_login%%/

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Regarding the matching arrays this is how your code should have looked after my example:

COPY CODE

global $kleo_config;
      //sex percentage
        'Marital status' => 20, 
        'Country' => 5, 
        'City' => 5,
        'Profession' => 10,
        'Annual Income' => 10,
        'Education' => 10,
        'Political Views' =>5,
        'Religion' => 20,
        'Weight Type' => 5,
        'Ethnicity' => 15
      ); 
        'Interests' => 10, 
        'Looking for' => 10,
        'Smoking, Drinking & Drugs' => 10,
        'Second Language' => 20
      );
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Do you have a Sex field in you users profile?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

What exactly you want to achieve with s2 and the matching ?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, To remove those hearts just add this simple css to Sweetdate -> Styling options -> Quick css box:
    .circular-item .hearts {background:none;}

RonP
    Participant

Matching calculation works for membership level 1 but no other membership levels.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Have you tried for example with 2 users being level 1 and then making them level 2?
    Just saying maybe the user with higher level doesn;t have profile fields completed or something else

RonP
    Participant

I’ll stay late and try your plugin again.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

By not working you mean is not appearing or is not calculating anything because when you are viewing your own profile it won’t show?

RonP
    Participant

Not calculating. I am using the next profile navigation in the top right

SQadmin
    Keymaster

If is not calculating then it has nothing to do with S2member. It has to do with the fact that users that are involved in the match(logged in user and the profile you are viewing) don’t have profile fields completed so the match should work or they are completely incompatible(man looking for man when I was looking for a woman for example)

Bri7265
    Participant

How do I activate the matching system and where is it?

Sorry I’m new at this.

Arte

RonP
    Participant

If you are customizing match, enable sweetdate child theme. And add a functions.php from main theme and edit the fields in xprofile.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Matching is enabled by default and shows when you are logged in and viewing somebody else profile

osamabinmladen
    Participant

1. How to remove compatibility match with the site?
    2. How to remove the circles with the heart of the pictures on caroseul?
    3. Why we are not showing “Create my account” button within the “Sign Up” popup window?
    Thanks in advance.
    http://www.naucime.net

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    For 1, 2 see this https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/removereplace-the-love-hearts-in-site
    for 3 see https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/register-button-gone

Cheers

hughm
    Participant

I have added the profile matching code to my functions.php file in my child theme. The single value fields that I am using (Country, City, Home State) are working.
    The multiple value fields however are not registering. I am using “Interests” and “Looking for” but getting no point values to show in the match.
    If a member selects multiple interests, does each match count or does the member have to be an exact match of all items in order for the value to count.
    Here is my code:
    global $kleo_config;
    //sex percentage
    'Relationship status' => 5,
    'Country' => 5,
    'City' => 8,
    'Home State' => 6,

);
    'Interests' => 1,
    'Looking for' => 3,

);
    }

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Each multiple value should add the specific percentage specified.
    I just tested it and works. Also if members are not compatible by sex the fields won’t count
    //If we want to match by members sex. values: 0|1
    $kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘sex_match’] = 1;

hughm
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I ended up making the fields drop down questions and it works perfectly.

I have an additional questions. If one of my members is seeking the same sex, the matching doesn’t quite work. For example, if a woman is looking for a woman, then the men still appear as at least a 50% match. If there is another woman seeking a woman she will also appear as at least a 50% match.
    Is there a way to lower the percentage score for the opposite gender when a member is seeking the same sex match? So that if a woman is seeking a woman and a man’s profile displays her match will be something like 25% rather than 50%+.
    Thanks!

hughm
    Participant

I found the code for user percentage matching in sweetdate/custom_buddypress/bp-functions.php. I added a few lines to try and correctly match same gender preference users. If a woman is seeking a woman or a man is seeking a man they should also be given 49% points. I tested it and it doesn’t work but I think it is on the right track.

//Sex match
    if ((isset($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match']) && $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match'] == '1')
    || !isset($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match']) )
    {
    $field1_u1 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'], $userid1);
    $field1_u2 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'], $userid2);
    $field2_u2 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'], $userid2);
    $field2_u1 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'], $userid1);
    if ( $field1_u1 == $field1_u2 ) && ( $field2_u2 == $field2_u1 )
    $score += $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_percentage'];
    else
    return $score;
    }

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You are right. Here is the code with the fix to match on both user preferences:

COPY CODE

//Sex match
    			if ((isset($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match']) && $kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex_match'] == '1') 
    			{
    				$field1_u1 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'], $userid1);
    				$field12_u1 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'], $userid1);
    				$field1_u2 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'], $userid2);
    				$field12_u2 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'], $userid2);

if ( $field1_u1 == $field12_u2 && $field12_u1 == $field1_u2 ) {
    				}
    				//if no sex match, return the score
    				else {
    					return $score;
    				}
    			}

here is the code if you want the script not to stop if the sex preferences does not match

COPY CODE

//Sex match
    			{
    				$field12_u1 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'], $userid1);
    				$field1_u2 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['sex'], $userid2);
    				$field12_u2 = xprofile_get_field_data($kleo_config['matching_fields']['looking_for'], $userid2);

if ( $field1_u1 == $field12_u2 && $field12_u1 == $field1_u2 ) {
    				}
    				else {
    					$score += 10;
    				}
    			}

hughm
    Participant

Thanks. That is awesome! Works beautifully.
    I am using the second set of code so that same gender preferences get points and no matching scores end up at 1%. Makes it more fun.
    I appreciate the help. Really great!!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Great. Glad we could help!

Bri7265
    Participant

Im sorry about this question How do I add A sign up page? with a free trial so I can test the matching system?

Brian

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, See the tutorial on initial setup: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/video-tutorials
    Match the registration page in Settings – Buddypress – Pages

JohnDoe
    Participant

i added a few new profile fields , and added it in the code , like this

global $kleo_config;

//sex percentage

'Marital status' => 20,

'Country' => 5,

'City' => 5,

'Religion' => 20,

'You have Children?' => 5,

);

'Interests' => 10,

'Looking for' => 10,

);

}

I tested this with a user , before my match was 80% , now it’s still 80%

so i guess it didn’t work?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You haven’t added:
    add_action(‘after_setup_theme’,’kleo_my_match’);

JohnDoe
    Participant

When i add the code again , it gives me an error after updating the file, and when i look for the error on the line it says, then it shows the line is empty..

However , in DreamWeaver it shows this line red to

$kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘multiple_values’] = array (

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been looking for a topic about the following issue:
    how can i have the following matching system:

I’m “A or B or C”
    Looking for “A or/and B or/and C or ALL”

Looking for contains a category ALL which means the user is interested in all 3 categories (A, B and C) but the user can also interested in 2 of them (A and C for example) or just 1 category (B for example).

topdog
    Participant

How do I customize the code for non-dating sites?

Example: instead of “I am a” being Male or Female, it would be Teacher, Student, Teaching Assistant, Administrator and the “I’m looking for” would be the same categories.

Also, is it possible for either variable to have more than on choice.

Example: “I am a” Student and a Teaching Assistant and “I’m looking for” a Teacher or an Administrator.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, You cannot do it like that with an ALL option. They should be done with a multiselect field but you cannot add the field as a Matching fields to match the sex field. That functionality should be extended somehow by you or leave just the Preference field where people can choose from and select multiple options but the will search in people preference and not their own. Hope you understand what I said

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, All fields are customizable from WP admin – Users – Profile fields and you can change them to match your needs.

cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

topdog
    Participant

I’m guess I wasn’t clear with my question. I know how to customize the profile fields but my question was related to the matching score since in the example above I won’t be matching my sex.

If I match by Teacher to Student instead of Male to Female do I have to change all the variables in your code listed above from ‘sex’ to ‘teacher’ for the matching score to work? If so, where should all these changes be made. From the above I see it’s the child theme functions.php and custom_buddypress/bp-functions.php. Are there any other files that need to be corrected?

Abe
    Keymaster

For the matching score to work you need to change the name of your new fields in the code above: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/match-numbers#reply-2254

Changing those fields should work
    $kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘sex’] = ‘I am a’;
    $kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘looking_for’] = ‘Looking for a’;

or disable sex matching with:
    $kleo_config[‘matching_fields’][‘sex_match’] = 0;
    and set the normal fields

---

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?