This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Milton Ayala.

• Author
     sermsak
    Participant

Hello. How can the user Login by email or Username (Both) depend on their desire ?
    As the user can login by their “email” or by their “Username”

Thank you

sharmstr

kleo doesnt handle that http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-allow-user-log-in-with-email-in-wordpress/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sermsak
    Participant

Hello sharmstr. it used to work fine. but now login by email, it gone. i deactivate and activate the plugin.but still have the issue. please help, Thank you

sharmstr

Does it work with the 2015 Theme enabled?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sermsak
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I’m asking if login by email works with 2015 enabled.

sermsak
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sermsak
    Participant

Sorry. for more information, it can login by email by Kleo Theme enabled too.

sharmstr

You’ll have to copy /kleo/page-parts/general-popups.php to your child theme and change this line

COPY CODE

<input type="text" id="username" autofocus required name="log" class="form-control" value="" placeholder="<?php _e( "Username", 'kleo_framework' );?>">

To this

COPY CODE

<input type="text" id="username" autofocus required name="log" class="form-control" value="" placeholder="<?php _e( "Username or Email", 'kleo_framework' );?>">

sermsak
    Participant

It still have the issue. general-popups.php edit as below:

<!– Modal Login form –>
    <div id=”kleo-login-modal” class=”kleo-form-modal main-color mfp-hide”>
    <div class=”row”>
    <div class=”col-sm-12 text-center”>

<?php do_action(‘kleo_before_login_form’);?>

<div class=”kleo-pop-title-wrap main-color”>
    <h3 class=”kleo-pop-title”><?php _e( “Log in with your credentials”, “kleo_framework” ); ?></h3>

<?php if(get_option(‘users_can_register’)) : ?>

<p>
    <?php _e( “or”, ‘kleo_framework’ );?>    ” class=”new-account”><?php _e( “Create an account”, “kleo_framework” ); ?>
    </p>

<?php endif; ?>
    </div>

<form action=”<?php echo wp_login_url(apply_filters(‘kleo_modal_login_redirect’, ”) ); ?>” id=”login_form” name=”login_form” method=”post” class=”kleo-form-signin”>
    <?php wp_nonce_field( ‘kleo-ajax-login-nonce’, ‘security’ ); ?>
    <input type=”text” id=”username” autofocus required name=”log” class=”form-control” value=”” placeholder=”<?php _e( “Username or Email”, ‘kleo_framework’ );?>”>
    <input type=”password” id=”password” required value=”” name=”pwd” class=”form-control” placeholder=”<?php _e( “Password”, ‘kleo_framework’ );?>”>
    <div id=”kleo-login-result”></div>
    <button class=”btn btn-lg btn-default btn-block” type=”submit”><?php _e( “Sign in”, “kleo_framework” ); ?></button>
    <label class=”checkbox pull-left”>
    <input id=”rememberme” name=”rememberme” type=”checkbox” value=”forever”> <?php _e( “Remember me”, “kleo_framework” ); ?>
    </label>
    <?php _e( ‘Lost your password?’ );?>
    <span class=”clearfix”></span>

<?php do_action(‘kleo_after_login_form’);?>

</form>

</div>
    </div>
    </div><!– END Modal Login form –>

<!– Modal Lost Password form –>
    <div id=”kleo-lostpass-modal” class=”kleo-form-modal main-color mfp-hide”>
    <div class=”row”>
    <div class=”col-sm-12 text-center”>
    <div class=”kleo-pop-title-wrap alternate-color”>
    <h2 class=”kleo-pop-title”><?php _e( “Forgot your details?”, “kleo_framework” ); ?></h2>
    </div>

<?php do_action(‘kleo_before_lostpass_form’);?>

<form id=”forgot_form” name=”forgot_form” action=”” method=”post” class=”kleo-form-signin”>
    <?php wp_nonce_field( ‘kleo-ajax-login-nonce’, ‘security’ ); ?>
    <input type=”text” id=”forgot-email” autofocus required name=”user_login” class=”form-control” placeholder=”<?php _e(“Username or Email”,’kleo_framework’);?>”>
    <div id=”kleo-lost-result”></div>
    <button class=”btn btn-lg btn-default btn-block” type=”submit”><?php _e( “Reset Password”, “kleo_framework” ); ?></button>
    <?php _e( ‘I remember my details’, “kleo_framework” );?>
    <span class=”clearfix”></span>
    </form>

</div>
    </div>
    </div><!– END Modal Lost Password form –>

sharmstr

The solution I gave you works. Did you clear your cache?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

And in the future, please attach a text file when including that much code or at least wrap the code in pre tags.

sermsak
    Participant

I already clear cache on Browser and on hosting. still have the issue.

sharmstr

Then you’re doing it wrong. As I’ve shown, it does work. Did you clear your cdn if you’re using one? Did you put the file in your child theme or did you edit it directly? If you put it in your child theme did you retain the directory structure?

mitchcan
    Participant

Hey @sharmstr — just a quick note of thanks. I was looking for a way to do this on kleo popup modals. Have a plugin that does this with the other theme, but needed this.

It works great. Thank you.

sharmstr

@mitchcan. You’re welcome.

Milton Ayala
    Participant

Thought you might like to know @sharmstr I just installed Email Login Auth and it works right out of the box, no issues

https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-login-auth/

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?