This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     rreyes7658
    Participant

Im looking to allow to register in my webpage only the people that paid a membership…tried a few things but nothing seems to work 🙁

Laura

Hello, you could restrict all content just for paid members, if you want some help with this, share admin credentials so i can check it out 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

rreyes7658
    Participant

Thanks Laura for your response….The page is is from a non profit organization… i want everybody to access the content (information)…the only thing i want to restrict is the registering part of it…so the only people or users that can access the buddypress area are paid members…The only registered users in my website have to be paid members…that’s what are you referring that you can help??

rreyes7658
    Participant

sharmstr

There’s no built in way of forcing payments during registration using Buddypress. You’ll have to trick the system a bit. You can do it easily with PM Pro in a non-Buddypress environment. But PMPro and Buddypress have different registration processes. The standard way of doing things is allow registration to anyone, but block them if they haven’t purchased a membership.

I’ve been playing around with it and this might work for you.

1 – Set your Buddypress Register page to none: WP Admin > Settings > Pages
    2 – Make sure your default PM Pro Level requires payment.
    3 – From there, you can lock down buddypress using Theme Options > Memberships

Here’s the cons of doing this.

1 – The Buddypress and Kleo register menu items will not work. You’ll have to create your own that points to your PMPro levels page

2 – The register link you create will not auto disappear when the user logs in. You’ll have to use a plugin to hide it. Personally I use Menu Item Visibility Control

3 – You will not be able to add Buddypress XProile fields to the registration form.

There might be other things that I’m not thinking of at the moment.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Also, there is this, but you have to pay to read it http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/2015/02/update-buddypress-profile-additional-user-information-registration/

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?