This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     alex534
    Participant

I figure I should make my own thread instead of hijaking someone elses (already posted on there, but had some follow up so didn’t want to block the OP out).

We too are experiencing extremely slow page load times, but we can’t figure out why. Some of the things we’ve tried:

• Played around with deactivating each plugin one-by-one.
    • Deactivated them all.
    • Pushed all javascript that we can to the footer.
    • Tested all 3 of the major browsers.

We’ve ran countless tests using online scans, and have implemented their suggested fixes, but ultimately we’re finding their “waterfall” graphs to show the problem in the initial loading of the site, not with the plugins, images, or “additions.”

One in particular shows a 7 second load time of just the “theme.” See image here http://i.imgur.com/zuOHSTa.png

Nothing seems to work, but we’re hitting about 9 to 14 seconds for a visitor’s first-visit load time. We’re using W3 Total Cache, so repeat visit load times are a little better, but we’re just stumped.

adam
    Participant

yes, i notice this problem as well. hoping there’s a fix?

kriscone
    Participant

try it without W3.
    Here is mine with a lot more plugin impact and NO cache active at the moment. The theme load time is .14 seconds. We do have our own hosted server on a pretty fast machine…so maybe it is your host. Have not installed the new buddypress 2.0 updates yet…that is to have some new improvements. But looks like a theme thing….might be a conflict with W3…which I have yet to get to work. WpTotal cache is on another site i have and it is pretty fast.

Advanced Metrics
    Total Load Time: 1.4734seconds avg.
    Site Load Time 0.8112seconds avg.
    Profile Overhead: 0.6621seconds avg.
    Plugin Load Time: 0.6435seconds avg.
    Theme Load Time: 0.1452seconds avg.
    Core Load Time: 0.0114seconds avg.
    Margin of Error: 0.0111seconds avg.
    (1.4734 observed, 1.4623 expected)
    Visits: 1
    Number of PHP ticks: 8,495 calls avg.
    Memory Usage: 69.75 MB avg.
    MySQL Queries: 215 queries avg.

Abe
    Keymaster

It depends very much on you hosting since the theme should work well. You should take into consideration the plugins that add extra loading times like Buddypress, Revslider, etc.
    Buddypress 2.0 should be faster, developers say they have done big improvements to the core.
    Right now there are still small problems with Buddypress 2.0 and we are releasing and update in a couple of days.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?