This topic has 246 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 8 years by corpor8chic.

• Author
     leedman
    Participant

I already bought and paid for my Kleo theme and belong here.

My guess is you have some sort of relationship with that site you mentioned.

Call it like I see it. Don’t like it? Well, like you said, the unsubscribe is there for you too

karifi
    Participant

Nice try I’m 17, keep on with your vacuous assumptions. What am I supposed to benefit from someone’s free product?

bradh
    Participant

I would like to be able to have the ability to add content to pages and links such as the name or username of a user.

bradh
    Participant

Regarding my last post, I’ve installed this plugin, however the short codes do not work in links inside a button.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi guys
    I guess @karifi intentions were good and just sharing with us

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

@bradh the kleo_button does not support a shortcode as a button text

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

davidoryang
    Participant

Is there a way to change the activity stream message displayed when a user uploads an audio file?
    Currently, it displays ” %USERNAME% added a music

Something more general, like replacing ‘a music’ with ‘a new audio’ would be better. Especially because it is not always a song that has been uploaded.

bradh
    Participant

A feature I would like would be to be able to link to Buddypress pages (such as the logged in member’s activity stream) through a button.

Abe
    Keymaster

@davidoryang that probably comes from the rtmedia plugin. Try looking trough the translatable string using Codestyling Localization and maybe you can rename that in your language

---

Mj
    Participant
     PeterB
    Participant

Hi there,

Would like to remove that ugly black WP Admin & BuddyPress Toolbar from my site for the general public and all the users who can not publish posts (therefore they do not need to get the links to the back-end).

Actually removing it is quite easy but then people do not have the login/registration link (unless i put WP’s meta section on the side bar).

And here comes the feature request:
    What if you would extend Kleo’s my account menu item to show a login/register link (or icon) for users who are not logged in? This way the public and plain subscribers would never see the ugly toolbar, but they could still login or register easily.

Perhaps you could even include options for which user roles should be the admin toolbar rendered (for example admins, authors need it even if it is hidden from plain subscribers).

I think this would be a great addition and is pretty easy to code.

sharmstr

@PeterB

You can add login/registration to My Account already. Go to menus, make sure you have ‘Buddypress’ enabled in Screen Options, then add Log In and Register to your menu. It will only display when a user isnt logged in.

For my site, authors get an addition menu item called “New Post”. I accomplished that by adding the following to my functions.php file.

COPY CODE

/**
    *  Add new post menu item for authors
    **/
    if (current_user_can( 'edit_posts' )) {
    	add_filter('wp_nav_menu_items','add_manage_posts_to_custom_menu', 2, 2);

function add_manage_posts_to_custom_menu( $items, $args ) {
    		return $items.'<li id="menu-item-post" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-post"><a title="Add Post" href="/wp-admin/edit.php">New Post</a></li>';
    		return $items;

}
    }

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

PeterB
    Participant

@sharmstr

Thanks for the clarification and the great idea! Then i will remain the only one who will see that ugly toolbar 🙂
    Did not notice this implemented feature, it is kinda hidden.

sharmstr

@PeterB

The menu items were brought in with the latest major release of BuddyPress. I wish the BP developers would have coded it so it automatically shows up.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mj
    Participant

Simple Press support would be also nice to have with KLEO: http://simple-press.com/

davidoryang
    Participant

Thank You @abe and @woekerzee
    I did edit the defined constants via the php file, and now it’s all good. 🙂

Pixxx
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @Pixxx
    Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Yes we have this in mind to release demos for specific business and other pluin integrations. Until then we are releasing today 2.0 update with more home pages demos and some other great additions.

Cheers

---

Pixxx
    Participant

Sorry, I meant mega menu as a shortcode with horizontal and vertikal option

Tom
    Participant

I’m working on a website for a client, and he requested something I thought would be standard functionality in BuddyPress/bbPress and I’m amazed that it’s not. It concerns privacy.

All he wanted to do was make content submitted/uploaded by users (e.g. media uploaded through rtMedia, and activity/status updates) visible ONLY to their friends and/or other logged-in members.

What I found through extensive testing was that the best way to achieve this was through the following:

1) Setting the rtMedia privacy settings to rtMedia > Privacy > ON, and rtMedia > Privacy > Default Privacy > Friends (Visible to user’s friends)

AND

2) Installing the plugin BuddyPress Activity Privacy, and making sure the default privacy level for uploaded activities is “my friends”

Now although I’m hugely surprised that there are no core BuddyPress privacy settings that control this kind of thing that’s an acceptable solution for the time being.

However, despite those measures, KLEO is still displaying the text activity updates publicly on two pages:

http://mysite.com/members/username/ (the latest update is displayed publicly)
    http://mysite.com/members/ (the member’s boxes display the latest updates publicly here)

So my request is:

Until the BuddyPress developers “see the light” and realise that user privacy is important nowadays, could you please update the KLEO theme files to respect the privacy settings as set by BuddyPress Activity Privacy which as it stands seems to be the best solution for this?

Or even better, look into incorporating a privacy plugin like that into your default installation…

Thanks for listening!

Mj
    Participant

Another suggestion related to the Revolution Slider. Some of you might know the ‘Digital Ocean’ website, where they have created a signup right on their homepage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w20c1qjyapxi134/Screenshot%202014-09-22%2011.31.17.png?dl=0

It would be great to have this as well on the Revolution Slider. I noticed the ‘search’ functionality has been added like this, but a signup for BuddyPress would be great as well.

iusethemes
    Participant

I think it would be pretty revolutionary if Kleo had a built in option for a login/register landing page that used wp bakery to build the page. The landing page would have to be visible only to people that are not logged in, and would gave to have no link to the websites logo (as a static front page would be made from the customize tab > appearance.)

I’ve looked into the codex and it’s somewhat “difficult”.

silviasolange
    Participant

Hello , I had questions

-how to add adsense in the blog listing ?.

-There paginator in listing the theme ?

-there .less file in the theme ?

thank you!!

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals. We will definitely take them into consideration

@silviasolange please create a new topic on the KLEO forum to keep this topic related to suggestions only.

But to answer your questions:
    – edit index.php and add your custom code there
    – yes pagination is included.
    – there is no .less used

---

Abe
    Keymaster

@Tom Kleo uses default Buddypress functionality to show this info and probably that plugin needs to handle this too.
    http://mysite.com/members/username/ (the latest update is displayed publicly)
    http://mysite.com/members/ (the member’s boxes display the latest updates publicly here)

Thanks for the info.
    Cheers

---

pittsleyb
    Participant

A few feature requests…

Google+ & Twitter Login with buttons similar to the Facebook Login
    Likes for topic replies (yes there is a plugin for this but does not look good with theme)
    Sharing topics from replies page
    Ability to limit how many photos a person can upload using rtmedia

sharmstr

re: Ability to limit how many photos a person can upload using rtmedia

That’s available in rtMedia Pro. Yes, you have to pay for it, but I cant imagine the Kleo team stepping on the rtCamp teams toes.

iusethemes
    Participant

A feature that I would like to see is an optional landing page. With this optional page you could choose a customizable layout.
    Example- for a “social network” you could make a login and register page”
    For a store you could have a welcome with a window selection. I truly believe the internet should really innovate from being about sites, and give the ability to build digital places.

sharmstr

@iusethemes Kleo has several optional page examples. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#demo

Perhaps I’m being dense and dont understand what you’re asking for.

Pixxx
    Participant

Well the forum is not so big at the moment but grows and gets bigger all the time, so why not start early.

Kleo team add a link to the sidebar called our favorite topics, this links to a page and on this page you add links to your favorite topics.

Everytime you close a topic that many others others could benefit from you add it to you favorites in the forum, then with every update you add those links to that page and then you unfavorite your favorite links in the forum and simply start allover, offcourse you could add them immediately but we want you guys to work with kleo theme and not support, hehe

It will sure grow fast, but many people wont ask the same questions and also have a shortcut to get new ideas

this would also give you material and ideas for a great FAQ, lets keep the forum small and effective!

When this grows you could add some categories to it, like customization, woocommerce and so on.

When I look at it know I see that it would be even more easy to tag the topic with a fav tag.

silviasolange
    Participant

Is possible that the blog have filters of category equal Portfolio?

Abe
    Keymaster

thanks @Pixxx
    that should be interesting. we will keep it in mind for future improvements on the forum

@silviasolange
    right now that is not possible but we might add it in next theme version

Cheers

---

Pixxx
    Participant

well you should not keep it in mind, you start already and tag topics with fav, if it benefits all.

Pixxx
    Participant

sorry, the tag fav gives alot of search results so the tags should be something unik, like sevenfav, so when we search the forum we add sevenfav in the search when we want to find your picks.

for example, when i search for

sevenfav woocommerce amazonplugin

I could easily get info how to make them compatible

or sevenfaq search gets info of faq

Abe
    Keymaster

@Pixxx We created a sub-forum named FAQ for starters where we are adding topics that you should check. We will also tag topics with ‘sqfav’ that are interesting

Thanks

---

Kieran
    Participant

I think for me now the only thing that stands out as lacking, and agreed is hard to achieve – but I think would add even more to an already amazing theme, is the ability to have a ‘nice’ register page. Perhaps a modal window like login but for register would be good?

Pixxx
    Participant

Hi, abe it seems people are posting issues in the faq of the forum, i guess they dont see that all topics are in the kleo, maybe you should add more subforums, like you have with the sweetdate forums.

add subforums named: all topics, interesting topics “sqfav”, general theme isuess, plugins, how to, customizations, and inside the plugins add subforums for bbpress, woocommerce and so on

When a new topic is made from a subforum it automatically adds the correct tags for it.

the more forums and subforums you add the easier it becomes to find a solution to a problem, and inside the subforums add sticky posts with the interesting topics.

Offcourse its easy to just make a search but everyone doesnt use the sasme tags.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi @Pixxx
    I totally agree and will do that on Monday.
    Thank for the tip 😉

---

Ryaza
    Participant

Can you change the cod of Breadcrumbs with rules Google Schema.org?

And add please support social network VK.COM

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes @Ryaza we will add this in nearest update

---

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘KLEO – Features Requests’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?