This topic has 246 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 8 years by corpor8chic.

• Author
     Patagonia
    Participant

Big feature: true responsive images.

Currently resizing of the screen makes the uploaded and displayed image resize to fit the screen. That is nice, but it means that somebody that checks my site on a mobile phone will still download the large image (which will be resized).

It would be much better to have the (more or less) correct size served, based on screen size, instead of loading a 1200px image for a 367px display. This saves bandwidth/costs/time for both the visitor as well as the server.

There seem to be several solutions out there already as well as some plugins. Would be a great selling point for KLEO if this were to be supported out of the box!

guy_fraser
    Participant

@patagonia : We think of mobile devices as being slow, but if they’re on wifi they’re often just as quick as a desktop. We think of small screens being lower resolution, but with the advent of retina displays small screens can have bigger resolutions than desktops. Many people now use mobile devices as instead of desktop, even when they are at home connected to wifi. A man I spoke to yesterday uses an iPad connected to a ‘myfi‘ – so on the one hand you have a very high resolution screen and on the other hand you have internet connection that’s sometimes >ADSL speeds and other times old mobile speeds.

So, ultimately, I think the decision of image size needs to be based on available bandwidth rather than screensize.

The popular SmartMag WP theme uses this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-retina-2x/

Item 4 (and only item 4) on this list looks interesting also: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/serving-responsive-images/

But but those approaches don’t take bandwidth in to account. Lazy loading and progressive enhancement could potentially be used, but without knowing the state of the browser cache I’m not sure how a theme could accurately determine what bandwidth is available. Sure, it can load an image from a unique url (putting random number after ? on the URL for example) but it won’t know what else is being downloaded in the background (is the CSS, JS, *fonts*, etc, already cached – if not, that will skew the bandwidth assessment).

guy_fraser
    Participant
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Would be nice to have tinymce button for adding menu icons to content, something like this: http://codecanyon.net/item/iconize-wordpress-plugin/6481628 – ideally pulling details of what icons are available from the config.json file (eg. if I’ve customised my fontello font).

Kieran
    Participant

A feature I would like to see is the following (yes I know it can be done with plugins and fiddling, but integrated as an option to Kleo with Kleo styling would be great)

* Position of toolbar (top, bottom etc)
    * Default style of toolbar to be in-keeping with Kleo theme

I suggest this because I have dabbled with adding notifications etc to the menu area and have an in-depth account menu – but it is already there waiting to be used. It just happens to be ugly, currently.

stockaviator
    Participant

Hovercards so when you hover over a members avatar a small tool tip with their profile link and their latest update

Patagonia
    Participant

More flexibility in sidebar configurations and widths.

– For example the 3 columns pages (2 sidebars) could have 2 sidebars of different widths
    – also you can choose between 75%, 67% & 50% for the main column, that would be a great addition).

– Separate layout for the blog homepage (masonry) vs the blog articles. I want the blog homepage with one column, and the articles with two, but the only way to do that is to choose one for blog and change the layout for every article again.

Thanks!

tushargp
    Participant

Linkedin & Twitter registeration: Since we have Facebook registeration ability so in the same can you put linkedin & Twitter registeration to profile feild setup it would be great.

info@artevio.com
    Participant

Please can you add slite menu from the right feature to this theme? Like you can see on this theme: http://themeforest.net/item/bridge-creative-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/7315054

Pixxx
    Participant

1. Abe since you guys are develooping to clients maybe you could showcase some of your work?

2. Do you have a company site?

3. Also if you have a client that uses the kleo theme with plugins i guess you guys have made a deal to keep updating it and keep the plugins compatible with kleo, if so maybe you could share your solutions with the rest of us, giving us choice to select a plugin witch will be compatible with kleo in the future?

Kind of like an assured future compability, or if you decide to switch plugin we could all follow and maybe even get the styles for the new plugin?

Atleast i would be ready to pay extra for that, kind of like a super Kleo framework.

There are so many plugins out there and if we all work totgether to the same goal there will be less problems for more people.

There could be different stacks, like commerce site, social site, dating and so on…

Pixxx
    Participant

Posssibility to vote on the forum or add a something similar as kriesi has for the feature request, a specifik site for voting on request were each user has 5 votes a month, or simply add a google account were we can vote and suggest.

Pixxx
    Participant

Posssibility to vote on the forum or add a something similar as kriesi, enfold theme has for the feature request, a specifik site for voting on request were each user has 5 votes a month yoa can see new, popular, in progress, votes and more.

or simply add a google account were we can vote and suggest.

Pixxx
    Participant

menu as a shortcode with horizontal and vertikal option

and the possibility to delete and edit posts in this support forum, hehe

geanguru
    Participant

We are not able to search the authors/members via using search bar. That feature should deffinitely be there. Suppose I read an article and I liked the style of author. After two or theree days when I open the website to read some article of that specific author I should be able to easily search the name I am looking for.

Splendor
    Participant

Masonry Rtmedia Gallery with full width Gallery, rtmedia, lightbox fullscreen.
    Register button to buddypress, wordpress register
    Twitter login
    resize featured images gaps on post/page between content and featured image

Sriahciboon
    Participant

Better styling options for WooCommerce, it’s extremely blocky at the moment and not compatible with Amazon Affiliate plug-ins.

DragonflyCA
    Participant

Conditional Menu Items

See Here:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

But it doesn’t work with KLEO

See Here:
    http://shazdeh.me/2014/06/25/custom-fields-nav-menu-items/

info@artevio.com
    Participant
     DragonflyCA
    Participant

Hmmm, I tried that one too and received this error message:

If Menu plugin detected another plugin(s) that modify the menus, and to don’t break them If Menu plugin is disabled.

DragonflyCA
    Participant

Just tried this one too…
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/

And received this warning:

Nav Menu Roles has detected a possible conflict with the following functions or classes: kleo_custom_menu. Please see the FAQ for more information and possible resolution.

On their FAQ ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/faq/ ), they state this:

Ask your conflicting plugin/theme’s author to do the same and our plugins should become compatible.

Abe
    Keymaster

http://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/ works with KLEO. make sure you have the latest theme version.
    Also any other plugin that adds options to the backend menu interface won’t work because of the way WordPress handles the menu options. SO if you want a plugin to change the options of the menu items you will have to disable our mega menu functionality.

See this topic: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/conflict-with-the-following-functions-or-classes-kleo_custom_menu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ahd904
    Participant

Integration between groups and members.

suggest groups and members relevant to their information registered in their own fields.

btn23kleo
    Participant

page loader, offers the ability to pre-render the page with all of the elements of the page displayed at once. this feature is common amongst some of the top selling themes, one of which that i have purchased is called “hogash”…

giorgos
    Participant

support for myCRED plugin

karifi
    Participant

support for crowdfunding ignition deck plugin

Chatroom = (Central chatroom for the whole site,)

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals.

@giorgos
    Mycred should work

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

giorgos
    Participant

@Abe I know , works fine with kleo, but needs styling in order to look good on its widgets , profile areas..

Mj
    Participant

@Abe a pricing table feature for visual composer could be a great addon.

Mj
    Participant

An addon to ‘JReviews’ would be great: http://www.reviewsforjoomla.com/

bradh
    Participant

A small tweak requested: On the edit profile page, the field description should be listed directly under the field name, not after the visibility preferences. The most likely use of field descriptions is to describe what type of information is being sought and it’s present location does not make it immediately known.

bradh
    Participant

Another request: the correction of personal pronouns in the activity stream. IE: “User changed their profile picture” should become “User changed his profile picture” or “User changed her profile picture” depending on gender. This would require the addition of gender profile fields but perhaps that could be done from the theme admin panel?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi bradh, those are generated by buddypress and probably they can be edited with some customizations.

#everyone
    Thanks for all the suggestions
    Cheers

---

tikpo
    Participant

A full instant messenger ! we need to use some plugins who’s not working at all…

Abe
    Keymaster

@tikpo try Cometchat or Arrowchat plugins

---

btn23kleo
    Participant

how about chat integration?

karifi
    Participant

The thing with cometchat and arrowchat is that its clunky nature. The are old and so facebook-like.

I dont know why it should be so difficult to integrate into Kleo Shortcode or widget

Please make it possible to activate by user, group or forum level.

Group Tinychat is also another good option

karifi
    Participant

What I was suggesting was Appear.In http://appearin.github.io/tutorial.html There is even a wordpress plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/appear-in-wp/

I wish Kleo make it part of their package and add other tweaks to it like making it possible for users, group or forum level etc., and also Layout and and CSS integration into Kleo for uniformity.

leedman
    Participant

A good BuddyPress / Membership chat plugin is a tough one to find. That’s what I’ve found. Too many gimmicky social media type ones.

I have different membership levels / rates and the chat feature is an enticement to upgrade – I don’t know why this concept has not been grasped so a chat app that works this way can be easily implemented.

but, that’s neither here nor there – just my journey and input to the conversation re: chat

leedman
    Participant

No no no – enough already with all this off-site service stuff. Spam.

karifi
    Participant

Please add the ability to edit posts here after submission.

Leedman we all have unique requirements for our sites, perhaps those off-site links might be of no use to you but might be someone elses solution.

Dont label posts as spam just because it does not suit your needs. The option to unsubscribe from notifications is at the top of the page.

Help yourself out

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘KLEO – Features Requests’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?