This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by tsakleo.

• Author
     spuron1
    Participant

I purchased kleo a few weeks ago. I have been configuring and having off and on problems but I didn’t know why. It is still in the test stage with only a few users. It was running really slow so we decided to move to a bigger server. Before moving our account was suspended with host gator for high cpu usage. We in the process of moving so I didn’t think it was a problem.
    Last night we were suspended again from new server. Research has narrowed things down to Kleo.
    Please see following links from my support help.
    Can you please please help asap? we are in the middle of development.

http://prntscr.com/455mtz

http://prntscr.com/455qjp

http://prntscr.com/457j59

Please let me know anything I can do to give you more information to help me.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention.

spuron1
    Participant

We have switched themes for now so we do not get suspended from vps. We have not had the same problem since kleo is off 🙁

Catalin

please send me a link to your website with the theme activated.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     spuron1
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     spuron1
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Catalin

Hello,

I checked your site and i noticed that you have a lot of plugins installed. Every new plugin requires extra resources. The theme was tested on different server environments and it works as it should be without causing high cpu usage.

Try to reduce the number of plugin used and ask more details from the hosting provider like number of requests.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     spuron1
    Participant

Catalin,

When we disabled the theme, the site runs smoothly. With no more hits.

Please see this screen grab
    http://prntscr.com/455qjp

I have disabled most of the plugins and tested last night

spuron1
    Participant

This site is not live and only has a few test users

Catalin

the theme tested by us on different servers works fine.

replace the theme files from your server with a fresh copy of the theme.
    create a backup first.
    let me know if the problem still exists after this.

spuron1
    Participant

ok thank you we will try that

and get back to you.

tsakleo
    Participant

Hello nice job with this theme it has take buddypress in a new level,

However I have exact the same problem with high cpu Usage.(and i am still in a test mode)

With my previous theme (the7) I was using just 5% of my cpu and now i use the 150% of my cpu. I have a shared hosting account and the admins send my an abuse message within the first day of the installation.

Is there any cache plugin that i can use and is compatible with kleo theme (and buddypress too)?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

Hi @tsakleo
    thank you very much.
    You should check if you don’t have some bots trying to register to your site and causing high traffic. Try using WangGuard as a antispam solution.
    For Cache you can use WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache.
    Also any extra plugins added on the base theme adds extra processor and memory use.

Cheers

tsakleo
    Participant

Hello again thanks for the reply .

I had disabled user registration throught the wp-admin–> settings –> General.

So it is not bots trying register .

I wiil give a try to the cache plugins .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?