This topic has 124 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

Catalin

I tried only once… no reason to try this several times if it did not work from the first time.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Locale
    Participant

Interesting. Okay, well it looks like it is working now. Had the host reset. Did you want to login?

This is what is in the style sheet…

/*
    Theme Name: Kleo Child
    Theme URI:
    Description: Child theme for Kleo
    Author: SeventhQueen
    Author URI: http://seventhqueen.com
    Template: kleo
    Tags: one-column, two-columns, right-sidebar, fluid-layout, custom-menu, featured-images, post-formats, sticky-post, translation-ready
    License: GNU General Public License
    License URI: license.txt
    */

/*
    * Please add your custom styles below
    */
    #footer-sidebar-1 a
    {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

Catalin

Hello,

I tried to login once and I got this:

“You have been locked out due to too many login attempts.”

this can be caused by a plugin you have installed… do you have something like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-wp-security/

I found some resource about this issue, please take a look here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/my-site-you-have-been-locked-out-due-to-too-many-login-attempts

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Locale
    Participant

Yes I had that, but I don’t think I re-uploaded yesterday after I had to update the theme. It just happened again- someone is def trying to break into my site!

Catalin

I don’t know what to say about that… a fresh install of WordPress and configuring the theme only with the plugins needed to function proper may be a solution. Or you can ask the hosting company to restore your files from an earlier version if they have a backup.

A good plugin for securing your site is this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-wp-security/

Let me know what are your thoughts about this to be be able to help. Also, you might consider the fact that you can hire a developer from our team who can do all this configurations.

Locale
    Participant

I cannot keep configuring this theme Catalin. Per godaddy there was a blank ip from a login attempt that caused it to break again. iThemes just blocked it automatically. Wondering if that was you? Do you have a blank IP? Does that sound familiar?

Catalin

I don’t have a blank IP…

Locale
    Participant

Isn’t that strange. I am on the phone with tech right now. Will update.

Secondary question. How do I add the following?

The tag: “data-cfasync=’true'” placed into the html config file.

How do I accomplish.

Catalin

on what <script> tag you want to make this modification?

Locale
    Participant

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    /* <![CDATA[ */
    var ajaxurl = ‘http://gaylocale.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php&#8217;;;
    /* ]]> */
    </script>

Locale
    Participant

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed; If you would like to pass argument by reference, modify the declaration of apply_filters(). in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data01/38/2062038/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-follow-me/includes/bp-follow-functions.php on line 108

A follow me plugin…

What buddypress plugins aren’t compatible with the theme?

Kiss of death, this is literally killing me having to deal with all these failures.

Abe
    Keymaster

@gaylocale that error comes from the plugin and has nothing to do with the theme

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Locale
    Participant

Yeah I deleted. It was junk. Sorry. Listen you can help me with someone. Can I have my people switch their FB profiles over to BP migrate quickly.

Catalin

The users can register to your site with their Facebook profile… you can promote the site on your Facebook page and suggest them to register.

if you need a developer to help you with the site, send us a mail at catalin@seventhqueen.com with your requirements and we can start from there.

Locale
    Participant

Catalin- is there a flag content feature that I can add to the BP that you would suggest. Need to flag and report inappropriate content. Thanks.

Catalin

Heo,

Pleas take a look here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-moderation/

Let em know ifthis helps.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Catalin

Hello,

Please respond here on the forum, not replying directly and sending me mail… the plugin is trusted but the developer who did it does not maintain it…

Locale
    Participant

I was thinking about this, but do you trust it? Will it cause issues because it’s not compatible?

Catalin

I have just installed it on a test server and seems lo work as it should… give it a try and see if it suits your needs.

Locale
    Participant

Okay will do – thank you. Another question. Can my users have a cover photo? Also, is there an gallery type features for photos or suggestions you would recommend. Can I have picaso like google + lol, that would be amazing. Pretty please tell me that is possible 🙂

Locale
    Participant
     Locale
    Participant

Is there a way to change the flag on the moderator- it’s kind of meh, doesn’t really go with KLEO ya know? It’s like the 90’s…

Catalin

the guide has a lot of useful info…

the file you need to modify is this:

wp-content/plugins/bp-moderation/css/sprite.png

just replace the symbols with the new ones and add the file back with the same name.

Locale
    Participant

What about the cover photo and picasa?

Catalin

please be more specific about you last reply…

Locale
    Participant

I am so sorry. A few items, one cover photo like facebook is that possible for BP? Also, my likes, comments and favorites (star) isn’t showing up in the mobile view on activity feed. Is there a way to share post also, for BP?

Catalin

Hello,

for sharing, take a look here:

http://wptavern.com/new-plugin-adds-buddypress-activity-as-a-wirewall-to-user-profiles

for uploading a cover photo, we are working on this and we will release this functionality next week

the credentials are not working anymore so I am not able to see a profile to test your third request.

let me know if the plugin from the link I suggested suitd uour needs.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Locale
    Participant

Ok the mobile version is working now so that people can favorite comment, etc. Great news on the cover photo! Can’t wait- another question more urgent. Is there a way to have my members see their own wall and friends, as well as a locale (state to state) activity feed. So basically the choice of the state to see.

Locale
    Participant

Upgrade account – is there a way to remove this? Under users profile.

Catalin

for removing that add this code in your style.css file from your child theme:

COPY CODE

body.my-account .label.radius
    {
      display:none !important;
    }

let me know if this works.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Locale
    Participant

Thanks Catalin- so very helpful. Can I create multiple feeds for the activity on BP? So instead of a sitewide feed I have sitewide- and each statewide feed. So people have a choice? Colorado, FL, IL, etc.?

Abe
    Keymaster

@Locale that is related to the Buddypress plugin. Try searching buddypress site for resources on this matter.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Locale
    Participant

Yes I did, that is why I was asking. I cannot find something that allows me to break up the activity feed into sections.

Locale
    Participant

URGENT- Facebook login isn’t working on theme. Have API isn’t WORKING PLEASE HELP!

Abe
    Keymaster

hi @Locale
    That should be related with your Facebook APP configuration. See a tutorial here: http://thechamplord.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/getting-the-facebook-app-id/

---

Locale
    Participant

Thanks for that Ab. Did you guys get your cover photo for profiles done this week? Look forward to it.

Abe
    Keymaster

Not this week.. in next update probably at the end of the month

---

Locale
    Participant

I have told that the website looks weird on internet explorer. Also, when I am looking at it in the mobile version the custom headers line breaks are smushed together.

Locale
    Participant

Alright this is URGENT please the script for gaylocale.com is loading twice, slowing down the site dramatically. Why would you put script in the theme that caused it to load the main page twice? Can you help me with this please.

Catalin

@Locale what script do you mean? I can’t see any details on that

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?