This topic has 124 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

Locale
    Participant

please update the theme at 2.0 version, deactivate all the plugins and keep only the ones that are recommended by the theme at first install and we can start from there.

???

I just told you that I don’t see an update theme nor have I received notice from your firm that there was an update.

Locale
    Participant
     Catalin

check your theme update settings and see if the credentials are correct… from (Theme update) sub-menu… t

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Locale
    Participant

What is my API?

Catalin

http://themeforest.net/help/api

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Locale
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Catalin

download the .zip file from your theme forest account and install the theme manually…

Locale
    Participant

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data01/38/2062038/html/wp-content/themes/kleo-child/

Theme install failed.

Locale
    Participant

I cannot lose all the work I did, perhaps you need to log into my system as you promised to do and help me fix this. Clearly, you are more intelligent than me.

Locale
    Participant
     Catalin

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/destination-folder-already-exists-2

Locale
    Participant

“webdesignmedia” there is no file in the kleo-child theme named this.

Catalin

that is an example of the situation you have… in the link I provided it is well explained why you get that error.

Locale
    Participant

and I don’t know FTP- sorry, why can’t you do as you stated yesterday and log into my system as you requested. Clearly, this was an issue with the update that you released, as you had many people experience the same failures and then needed to update the theme. I am sorry, for a new user how just gave you money this experience is not appreciated at all. Your expectation of me is way too high.

Locale
    Participant

who

Locale
    Participant

In addition to that, I WILL NOT go through this every time there is an update. This is unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locale
    Participant

The system needs to update me. I need to get notifications for any updates as I requested from Evanto. My system needs to update accordingly without all this freaking drama!

Locale
    Participant

I am sorry, but am I wrong a theme should update accordingly, without all this madness.

Locale
    Participant
     Locale
    Participant

I am about to email Evanto and log a complaint with them.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @GayLocale
    There is nothing wrong with the theme and that error is probably related to bad combination of username and API from Theme options – Theme update.

Please check again your API and Themeforest username and if it is still not working please generate a new API key and put the new one in theme options

Please stop writing dozens of replies and try to summarize your questions and first test your settings before posting questions here.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Locale
    Participant

I generated a new API, its NOT working. I am not happy with the level of customer service I am receiving. Help me resolve. Not that hard to do.

Abe
    Keymaster

Also you should have basic WordPress knowledge if you want to work on your own on a theme. If you don’t posses that knowledge you might try hiring a developer to help you trough this process.

So please try to keep you questions straightforward and don’t spam the system 😉

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Locale
    Participant

You have received many customers having the same failure as I had this week. No comment on the rest, I have a little more respect for you as you clearly don’t have for me.

Locale
    Participant

Truly, I must have some knowledge to build what I have so far. But thanks. When I run into an issue that is caused by a plugin and theme update I go to the experts, which is you. Just as your other clients have and is evident on the forums. I can read also. Not very good with the grammar thing- but anyway. Just fix my damn problem. What is so hard about this, it isn’t me it was your updates that broke my website.

Locale
    Participant

Sorry you can’t handle my level of expression, but that is me. I am not trying to change you.

Abe
    Keymaster

I haven’t seen complains about this on the forum since if it would have been a problem with this we would have resolved it.

I have done the steps as in https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme/#post-12165 and it successfully updated.

We have respect for all our clients but your attitude is not right so try to cool down. Also the customer support tried to help you with your problem so I don’t know why you are so disappointed.

Have a nice day

---

Abe
    Keymaster

The probem is solved. I just followed the steps as in the link above.
    We are here to help you, otherwise we wouldn’t tried to fix your problem 🙂

---

Locale
    Participant

My host confirmed it was K-Elements and I have seen many forums with customers having the same failure I did this week. I am disappointed because one the plugin update crashed my system. Two it required a theme update. Three my system didn’t update me of a theme date. Four when I go to do the theme update it fails. Five I am re-directed to a 3 year old wordpress blog pertaining some webdesign (I don’t know- haven’t we gotten more sophisticated) six I was asked for my login credentials for your team to resolve. Nothing happened. I am not a bad person- seriously but this has pissed me off more than what was needed. It’s not you personally, its the expectation that I somehow should know better and that isn’t fair. I expect from you guys to make sure my updates work correctly, that my theme updates work as they should. That when a change happens I can navigate through it. Not be stopped in my tracks with no resolve.

Locale
    Participant

So I can update the plugins now.

Abe
    Keymaster

You should change the admin password since we updated the theme or you could created a temporary admin user that could have been deleted once finished.

K-elements 2.0.1 was released that fixed the problem that occurred if you haven’t updated the theme first.
    You are notified by Themeforest on a new theme update by email

That topic from wordpress was the solution for you since it was the same problem where you tried to upload the child theme even it was already installed.

Let me know if you have any issues remained unresolved. Now I updated your theme and k-elements

---

Locale
    Participant

Thank you- sorry for being a b!^@#.

Abe
    Keymaster

No problemo. Sorry if you felt offended in any way. As a general rule we want to help all clients to go over any problems they might encounter.

Cheers

---

Locale
    Participant

Cheers. Another odd question. No Genesis theme anymore? If I make changes to the style.css don’t I have to make changes in the child theme Genesis or KLEO? That’s got me a little wigged out.

Abe
    Keymaster

Genesis is not related to KLEO, could be from another theme. If you use a child theme for KLEO then you can add the css in the kleo-child/style.css so you don’t modify theme files.

---

hwoodz78
    Participant

I am unable to install the Sweet-date theme.. I get the following error when following your video instuctions:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: themeforest-4994573-sweet-date-more-than-a-wordpress-dating-theme.zip
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Catalin

@hwoodz78: the theme and the child theme are located in Main Files/WordPress/ sub-folder… those .zip files need to be imported through WordPress import theme dialog…

Locale
    Participant

Do I need to start a new forum? I followed the directions outlined to change the font size in footer 1 and now there is a large gap in between – any resolve would be appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

Hello,

I will respond here, no need to open a new thread… have you changed the username and password, not able to login anymore…

Locale
    Participant

Yes I did… I think you have locked me out of my system dear. Too many login attempts???

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?