This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     rgibbs
    Participant

Hi.

I followed the instructions at:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/i-want-to-disable-magnific-popup#post-33047

which worked.

However, access to the backend admin areas then slowed to a crawl, so bad that I couldn’t even download a plugin or change themes. I put code back, and everything is fine.

Is there another way to disable Magnific Popup that doesn’t make the admin of my site unusable?!!

Many thanks.

sharmstr

I dont understand how that could be when app.js or app.min.js doesnt load in wp admin. Its coded so it will only call that file if you are on the frontend. Have you looked for errors in your browser console?

I made the same change on two of my sites and didnt have an issue with wp admin.

If you want, respond privately with wp admin and ftp credentials. I’ll have a look.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rgibbs
    Participant

No probs. Thanks for the prompt response.

I settled on commenting kleoPage.magnificPopup(); and giving up the login popup!

I’m afraid I’m not a coder, but I did try this several times and although it worked it definitely slowed access to the Admin toolbar areas to a crawl.

The only thing I wondered, and forgive me if this is stupid, but when I open app.js in Dreamweaver, the code starts at line 1142 and finishes at 1162 with }}; However, on the next line (1163) there’s a }, and I wondered if this should be removed as well, even though it’s not shown in https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/i-want-to-disable-magnific-popup#post-33047

Best.

sharmstr

Nope

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?