This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by perumaalk.

• Author
     perumaalk
    Participant

I’ve installed the BuddyApp theme, and currently the register page is empty. Please help in creating a Register page similar to demo page in BuddyApp theme.

sharmstr

The demo uses buddypress for registration. Make sure you have your bp pages set up: Settings > Buddypress > Pages and that you have registration turned on Settings > General > Anyone Can Register

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

perumaalk
    Participant

Sure, I have enabled both the options – Settings > Buddypress > Pages and Settings > General > Anyone Can Register turned on.
    And, I’ve checked the View option in Settings > Buddypress > Pages.
    Please find the screen-shots for your reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

What’s that index.php in the register url???

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Did you set your permalinks correctly after you installed BP? It should be set to something other than the wp default.

perumaalk
    Participant

Hello,
    index.php in the url is the default, I’ve not done any modifications to it, and I’ve not set the permalinks.
    Can you please help. How do I set the permalinks for BP & the BuddyApp theme.

sharmstr

https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/setting-up-a-new-installation/#manual-installation

“Make sure you have pretty permalinks enabled on your WordPress install.”

perumaalk
    Participant

I had enabled mod rewrite in sites-available conf file and created a rewrite rule in .htaccess file, and now everything is fine. Thank you.

sharmstr

You’re welcome.

perumaalk
    Participant

Just one more thing regarding this – How and where do I find this register page to add a few lines like eg. about the services etc.

sharmstr

Buddypress builds the page using .php templates. You cant add text to the page via WP admin like regular pages. You’ll have to override the template by copying /buddyapp/buddypress/members/register.php to your child theme. More information can be found in the buddypress documentation on their website.

perumaalk
    Participant

Exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the information 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?